User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Where do you guys like your IFAK?
View Quote

For mil it's almost always left side (weak side) for both uniformity and the ability to maintain weapons posture while accessing it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By bigjunk1:
Carriers for my wife, my teenage daughter and myself. We would surely make a terrifying force to reckon with 

https://i.postimg.cc/wTRbbZK6/20200503-130121.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/Qx0fNXXj/20200501-193150.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/90sVH9Fz/15885285923831015449021.jpg
View Quote

That's awesome. The family that slays together, stays together.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:18:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Campy6169] [#3]
Carriers for my wife, my teenage daughter and myself. We would surely make a terrifying force to reckon with 

View Quote

@bigjunk1

Is the one for your wife a woman specific carrier or did you figure out what manufacturer/model worked best for her frame? I want to get one for my GF, having said that, she is well endowed with a narrow waistline.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#4]
Originally Posted By Campy6169:

@bigjunk1

Is the one for your wife a woman specific carrier or did you figure out what manufacturer/model worked best for her frame? I want to get one for my GF, having said that, she is well endowed with a narrow waistline .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@bigjunk1

Is the one for your wife a woman specific carrier or did you figure out what manufacturer/model worked best for her frame? I want to get one for my GF, having said that, she is well endowed with a narrow waistline .

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:43:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjunk1] [#5]

@bigjunk1

Is the one for your wife a woman specific carrier or did you figure out what manufacturer/model worked best for her frame? I want to get one for my GF, having said that, she is well endowed with a narrow waistline.
View All Quotes

@bigjunk1

Is the one for your wife a woman specific carrier or did you figure out what manufacturer/model worked best for her frame? I want to get one for my GF, having said that, she is well endowed with a narrow waistline.

They're all medium carriers. They all fit me but also fit over my wife and daughter OK. Yea, they have boobs so they don't fit as comfortable on them as me. If they're getting shot at I doubt comfortable fit will be their priority.

Edit=
My wife is 5'4'' and weighs 130. My daughter is 5'1'' and weighs about the same. Both are size D chest. I'm 5'10'' 215 pounds. When wearing the medium carriers, they both need the shoulder straps tightened up so the plates will sit higher in comparison to how they fit on me. Boobs will squish flatter although I'm sure it's not the most comfortable feeling. The plates tend to stick out from their neck farther than they do on a man, otherwise they're too constricting. Getting the plates to sit high enough without overly compressing their chest isn't easy. I'm guessing that a small carrier could work for them if the shoulder straps extended enough? A medium actually fits OK on them because it gives room for their chest. I like the idea of medium plates on them vs. small since it has more protection/coverage. Neither of them are going to be doing much when wearing carriers, so mobility isn't as concerning to me as them being protected. A medium carrier with medium plates obviously fits different on them than it does on me but but it works for both.
Since your girlfriend doesn't have a carrier yet, she could try on some before deciding what fits best. Women aren't going to be the easiest to fit into carriers unless they're built like men. Expect your girlfriend to give you the ''this sucks'' look when she feels the weight of a carrier smashing against her chest. Women have smaller torsos but they still need room for their chest to fit. Women are also not likely to be running and jumping with a carrier on, maybe, but not likely. 20 pounds of gear strapped to a 130 pound female is going to be heavy, no matter how the carrier fits. A smaller plate would allow more mobility but small plates don't seem to cover much.
If our home was being shot at, they would put on vests but I doubt they would be going on long walks or wearing carriers all day unless they absolutely needed them. I see the carriers as a last resort, ''we're being shot at so put these on'' type of situation for them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]

The large abd pads take a lot of space and are of limited utility. Here's how I pack my eagle SOF v2 pouches, I prefer items to have multiple purposes/functions.

-2x CAT gen7 - one inside the IFAK & one externally on carrier.
-shears (inside)
-1x quick clot z-fold
-1-2x 6" trauma dressing (I like adventure med Olaes. 2 is even better)
1-2x hyfin chest seal compact twin pack (for a chest perforation)
-1-2xcrinkle gauze
-1x triangular bandage & safety pins
-small burn gel dressing
-pre-lubed NPA
-medical tape
-eye injury cover (if not using Olaes)

The TK is self explanatory and one should be RIGHT NOW accessible bilaterally.

The Quick clot is single purpose but irreplaceable.

The 6" Olaes bandages work as a trauma pressure bandage, an ace wrap, an abdominal pad, the gauze inside for wound packing, covering a bloody stump, the pressure cup can be an eye-covering,

The hyfin seal twin pack will handle ONE through-and-through chest perforation, having two is even better as they take up very little space.

The crinkle gauze is extra wound packing for the 6" or the chest seals or you can tear some off for a smaller wound without having to crack open your 6" trauma dressing.

The triangular can be used as a sling, head covering for a head injury, or extra direct pressure bandage with the crinkle gauze.

The small burn dressing is good for treating a small but full-thickness burn especially on the face neck or hands which isn't super critical from a CLS standpoint but could become serious if the airway becomes compromised due to swelling and also small but intense burns really fucking suck and are commonplace while doing goon shit.

The NPA should be sized for you and is self explanatory.

There's nothing wrong with having a decomp needle in your kit. You never know when a first responder will have the training to use it properly. If you don't know how to use it DON'T.

Throw an eye shield in there if you aren't using the Olaes, eye injuries are common when doing goon shit
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:41:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Campy6169] [#7]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

@bigjunk1

Is the one for your wife a woman specific carrier or did you figure out what manufacturer/model worked best for her frame? I want to get one for my GF, having said that, she is well endowed with a narrow waistline .

I know there are rulez, but it's just not going to happen. Because of her work she doesn't post pictures online and I'm not putting that at jeopardy. Sorry guys. I love her more......lol Having said that, the approval rating here would be high.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#8]

They're all medium carriers. They all fit me but also fit over my wife and daughter OK. Yea, they have boobs so they don't fit as comfortable on them as me. If they're getting shot at I doubt comfortable fit will be their priority.
View All Quotes

@bigjunk1

They're all medium carriers. They all fit me but also fit over my wife and daughter OK. Yea, they have boobs so they don't fit as comfortable on them as me. If they're getting shot at I doubt comfortable fit will be their priority.

I would agree. I was just curious as I'm seeing more & more manufacturers dedicating carriers too woman, that's all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#9]
My approval of this thread just took a serious nose dive.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
My approval of this thread just took a serious nose dive. 
View Quote

@slappomatt

Why is that? lol
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Crye JPC 2.0
TenCate SRT plates SAPI Med Triple Curve
Spiritus Microfight Mk4 w/ inserts and half flap
GGG Gut Hanger Pouch

Not sure how I feel about the GHP.  Yes I know the S&W mag sleeves are sliding down, I need to glue them in place. Overall its really pretty comfortable. Fully loaded its sits at about 19lbs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By blackghost:

The large abd pads take a lot of space and are of limited utility. Here's how I pack my eagle SOF v2 pouches, I prefer items to have multiple purposes/functions.

-2x CAT gen7 - one inside the IFAK & one externally on carrier.
-shears (inside)
-1x quick clot z-fold
-1-2x 6" trauma dressing (I like adventure med Olaes. 2 is even better)
1-2x hyfin chest seal compact twin pack (for a chest perforation)
-1-2xcrinkle gauze
-1x triangular bandage & safety pins
-small burn gel dressing
-pre-lubed NPA
-medical tape
-eye injury cover (if not using Olaes)

The TK is self explanatory and one should be RIGHT NOW accessible bilaterally. 

The Quick clot is single purpose but irreplaceable.

The 6" Olaes bandages work as a trauma pressure bandage, an ace wrap, an abdominal pad, the gauze inside for wound packing, covering a bloody stump, the pressure cup can be an eye-covering, 

The hyfin seal twin pack will handle ONE through-and-through chest perforation, having two is even better as they take up very little space. 

The crinkle gauze is extra wound packing for the 6" or the chest seals or you can tear some off for a smaller wound without having to crack open your 6" trauma dressing. 

The triangular can be used as a sling, head covering for a head injury, or extra direct pressure bandage with the crinkle gauze. 

The small burn dressing is good for treating a small but full-thickness burn especially on the face neck or hands which isn't super critical from a CLS standpoint but could become serious if the airway becomes compromised due to swelling and also small but intense burns really fucking suck and are commonplace while doing goon shit. 

The NPA should be sized for you and is self explanatory. 

There's nothing wrong with having a decomp needle in your kit. You never know when a first responder will have the training to use it properly. If you don't know how to use it DON'T. 

Throw an eye shield in there if you aren't using the Olaes, eye injuries are common when doing goon shit 
View Quote

Now comes the worst question - where do I find all this tuff? i actually have a set of shears that was gifted to me. My son and I both have "admin" pouches, (I guess that term means random pouch with no clear use), on the PCS that could hold all this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blackghost] [#13]
I bought a lot of this stuff when the Boogaloo memes were heating up and the VA protests, etc.

I used Chinook medical but also Amazon prime.

Oh, just something I thought of: the 6" Israeli, H&H, and Olaes bandages are very good and bigger is better (more pressure) but especially if you have kids, the 4" version of the same may be more suitable for their smaller appendages. They also take up less space and some (Olaes) are available as flat-packed
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By armoredman:

Now comes the worst question - where do I find all this tuff? i actually have a set of shears that was gifted to me. My son and I both have "admin" pouches, (I guess that term means random pouch with no clear use), on the PCS that could hold all this. 
View Quote

North American Rescue is where I've bought my medical supplies.  I'm sure there are other good sources as well.  Avoid ebay and amazon, unfortunately some stuff like tourniquets are faked for airsofters and LARPers.

Don't have any pouches that don't have a clear use, that just means added weight, bulk, and snag hazards.  I use an admin pouch on my work armor because 90% of my job is reading a map, talking on a radio, and writing stuff down.  The admin pouch you have may work great for storing med supplies, and that makes it a med pouch.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#15]
My works armor is 90% keys and radio.
That works - med pouches they are. Trying to stay with that philosophy espoused earlier - "make holes, stop holes, plug holes". As soon as I get an AR mag pouch for his set up and the med kit, he'll be set.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:21:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#16]
Originally Posted By Campy6169:

@slappomatt

Why is that? lol
View Quote
cause yall got hotties at home and wont post pics.

lol

ETA newer pic. got my antenna and the custom name tags linked back in the thread.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

North American Rescue is where I've bought my medical supplies.  I'm sure there are other good sources as well.  Avoid ebay and amazon, unfortunately some stuff like tourniquets are faked for airsofters and LARPers.

Don't have any pouches that don't have a clear use, that just means added weight, bulk, and snag hazards.  I use an admin pouch on my work armor because 90% of my job is reading a map, talking on a radio, and writing stuff down.  The admin pouch you have may work great for storing med supplies, and that makes it a med pouch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

Now comes the worst question - where do I find all this tuff? i actually have a set of shears that was gifted to me. My son and I both have "admin" pouches, (I guess that term means random pouch with no clear use), on the PCS that could hold all this. 

North American Rescue is where I've bought my medical supplies.  I'm sure there are other good sources as well.  Avoid ebay and amazon, unfortunately some stuff like tourniquets are faked for airsofters and LARPers.

Don't have any pouches that don't have a clear use, that just means added weight, bulk, and snag hazards.  I use an admin pouch on my work armor because 90% of my job is reading a map, talking on a radio, and writing stuff down.  The admin pouch you have may work great for storing med supplies, and that makes it a med pouch.

I second North American Rescue for quality med gear. I would also suggest tacmedsolutions. I am still looking for the perfect pouch for my carrier and belt for med supplies.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:05:21 AM EDT
[#18]
cause yall got hotties at home and wont post pics.

lol

ETA newer pic. got my antenna and the custom name tags linked back in the thread. 

https://i.imgur.com/NA2CU1k.jpg
View All Quotes

@slappomatt

Why is that? lol
cause yall got hotties at home and wont post pics.

lol

ETA newer pic. got my antenna and the custom name tags linked back in the thread. 

https://i.imgur.com/NA2CU1k.jpg

Sorry, I'll talk to her and see what she says.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#19]
My works armor is 90% keys and radio. 
That works - med pouches they are. Trying to stay with that philosophy espoused earlier - "make holes, stop holes, plug holes". As soon as I get an AR mag pouch for his set up and the med kit, he'll be set.
View Quote

I got my gauzes , med tap, chest seal , quick clot , med sheers , Israeli bandages and tourniquets on amazon there are fake companies out there but there pretty easy to spot. After that take a vac seal bag fill it with what you need and seal the bag . I make a small cut along the top edge so you can just tear off the top . Its not fancy but it works . Best part is you can take or leave whatever you dont use. The ones on my rig are built to deal with heavy bleeding , the one in my car is more of a basic first aid kit .
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#20]
Originally Posted By brx123:

I got my gauzes , med tap, chest seal , quick clot , med sheers , Israeli bandages and tourniquets on amazon there are fake companies out there but there pretty easy to spot. After that take a vac seal bag fill it with what you need and seal the bag . I make a small cut along the top edge so you can just tear off the top . Its not fancy but it works . Best part is you can take or leave whatever you dont use. The ones on my rig are built to deal with heavy bleeding , the one in my car is more of a basic first aid kit .
View Quote

To add... Add a piece of folded Gorilla Tape over IFAK contents packaging to aid in opening bags/packaging. Go into it thinking about how slippery an Israeli Bandage package would be if your hands were covered in blood.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Thats a damn good idea thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

To add... Add a piece of folded Gorilla Tape over IFAK contents packaging to aid in opening bags/packaging. Go into it thinking about how slippery an Israeli Bandage package would be if your hands were covered in blood.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Q_RANGER__5-5-2020_6_10_39_PM_png-1402836.JPG
View Quote

We always just make little pull tabs with medical tape.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#23]
I like it, very nice, thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Updated pic. Swapped the back for the molle version and added my flatpack on there for h2o.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:53:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blackghost] [#25]
I figured out a clever hack to stow a dangler:

I like my Ferro dangler for gloves, batteries and snacks, but don't always want it flapping around while I'm not using it.

By sandwiching a short length of Velcro one-wrap between the carrier and the dangler you can roll it up while empty and stow it along the bottom edge of the plate.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Pictured: Ferro dangler + Crye JPC
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Took some scissors to my Shellback Banshee and turned it into a slick front to accept placards. Ordered the spiritus systems gear and it just came in.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Hmm...interesting.
View Quote
Definitely gave this piece new life.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#30]
My LV119:
COVERT Front (M)
OVERT Rear (M)
MOLLE Cummerbun (size 1)
MK4 Micro Fight with triple AR insert - double pistol insert - half flap

Now I just need plates....lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Can’t remember if I posted mine. I need to figure out what pouch to put my IFAK in. I have my issues ifak but the dual velcro sides sucks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:12:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:
Can’t remember if I posted mine. I need to figure out what pouch to put my IFAK in. I have my issues ifak but the dual velcro sides sucks. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263816/CBE64C5F-EA4F-4CB9-A4B8-8AF1EB1EECD5_jpe-1413256.JPG
View Quote

Esstac, HSGI, LBT?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I've got two (black and coyote) Velocity Systems LWPC, and I dig it, but I miss having my MOLLE webbing on the back. Any thoughts? Is there a replacement back panel out there?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Esstac, HSGI, LBT?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:
Can’t remember if I posted mine. I need to figure out what pouch to put my IFAK in. I have my issues ifak but the dual velcro sides sucks. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263816/CBE64C5F-EA4F-4CB9-A4B8-8AF1EB1EECD5_jpe-1413256.JPG

Esstac, HSGI, LBT?

Going with HSGI until esstac gets theirs in stock.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Added some clips to make my JPC 1.0 a little more capable.  Kinda nice adding small things to this to make it better.

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#36]
JPC 2.0, Spiritus molle tubes cummerbund, AXL velcro tubes adapters.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Upgraded.

Spiritus LV119 Overt

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#38]
@HammerForged

What Vans are those? They don't look like Defcons but they do.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Is that the regular or flatpack plus?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SundayDriver720:
Is that the regular or flatpack plus?
View Quote

Who?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#41]

This came in the mail yesterday. It’s growing on me, although I prefer my Velocity Scarab.  Waiting on things from Esstac to put on it. Borrowed plates from my Scarab until I get an extra set of plates.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
@HammerForged

What Vans are those? They don't look like Defcons but they do.
View Quote

@Pleaforwar

https://www.vans.com/shop/ultrarange-hi-dl-mte-dark-earth-nomad-camo
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
there all out of mens sizes. :(
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HammerForged] [#44]
there all out of mens sizes. :(
View Quote

That sucks, I got my 13.0s a couple weeks a go.

ETA. You can build yourself some custom SK8 Hi MTEs with brown and woodland camo and ect on the site for about $100. That's what I was going to do until I saw those.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pleaforwar] [#45]
Originally Posted By HammerForged:

@Pleaforwar

https://www.vans.com/shop/ultrarange-hi-dl-mte-dark-earth-nomad-camo
View Quote

@HammerForged

Nice. I have a couple pairs of Defcons but rarely wear them. Also have a pair of M81 woodland slipons. Gotta love military themed Vans.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Can anyone send a like to good shoulder pads that fit a shell back banshee in stock that will arrive before the 8th? The ones I have from skd suck
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:

@HammerForged

Nice. I have a couple pairs of Defcons but rarely wear them. Also have a pair of M81 woodland slipons. Gotta love military themed Vans. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204956/Screen_Shot_2020-05-13_at_8_34_18_PM_png-1414980.JPG
View Quote

Very nice, I hope I can score some new Defcoms someday.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By endofdays:
Can anyone send a like to good shoulder pads that fit a shell back banshee in stock that will arrive before the 8th? The ones I have from skd suck
View Quote

I have used the HSGI pads before, and they're pretty comfortable.  Took them off and now I have them on my slickster.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By endofdays:
View Quote
I had these on my Banshee. Definitely improved the comfort level:
https://tacticalgear.com/shellback-tactical-banshee-ultimate-shoulder-pad-set-of-2-ranger-green?searchterm=Banshee%20pads

I still ended up selling it in favor of a Slickster, which is a better fit for my uses.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top