Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

I'd recommend checking High Comm and Esstac.
View Quote
Just checked both for the 3610,

High comm doesn't have them, and Esstac says page not found
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'd recommend checking High Comm and Esstac.

Crap, I had a brainfart on High Com.  Check out Bulletproofme.

You'll have to contact Esstac directly to get info on the 3610.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys I see Crye makes zip on panels/packs for the JPC 2.0

Has anyone tried them?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VIP3R] [#4]

View All Quotes

No, just go to the store page.

The main site page is broken.

https://www.esstac.com/product-page/hesco-3610-lvl-3
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By VIP3R:

View All Quotes

Esstac are good people.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys I see Crye makes zip on panels/packs for the JPC 2.0

Has anyone tried them?
View Quote
I have one on my XL JPC 2.0 and it’s still naked as the rest of my kit is still inbound.

The large/XL take the same panels.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
What size plate should I get?

I'm 6'3 280lbs (planning on losing around 40-50 more lbs). I have 10x12 plates right now, I'm thinking about going with the mediums due to the extra weight savings.

M: 9.5" x 12.5" 4.5lbs
L: 10.25" x 13.25" 5.2lbs

Is the extra coverage worth the extra $10?
Also each plate is $410, is there any better price out there? Do these plates ever go on sale?

At that price it's hard to sallow buying a set for $800+
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:40:57 AM EDT
[#8]

I'm 6'3 280lbs (planning on losing around 40-50 more lbs). I have 10x12 plates right now, I'm thinking about going with the mediums due to the extra weight savings.

Also each plate is $410, is there any better price out there? Do these plates ever go on sale?

View Quote
I would say a large plate for your size. Measure your chest width to see if a medium would give you the coverage you want.  Also remember mobility is key so some people go with smaller plates.  What PC are you getting? And are you dead set on those Hesco plates?  Highcom offers some nice plates and a 20% coupon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Heres Hescos sizing chart:

Link Posted: 8/15/2018 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
I was looking at a much cheaper set of plates, and then I saw this video:

Hesco body armor plate hit by over 20 rifle rounds (slow motion of round impact)

I saved more nickles and got the 3610's.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#11]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFs1t1iRqnU

View Quote
What is a M4 round?
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:

I would say a large plate for your size. Measure your chest width to see if a medium would give you the coverage you want.  Also remember mobility is key so some people go with smaller plates.  What PC are you getting? And are you dead set on those Hesco plates?  Highcom offers some nice plates and a 20% coupon.
View Quote
Well I really don't what to spend more and add more weight (the plates you linked are 6.2lbs each)
Heres Hescos sizing chart:

https://image.ibb.co/jJSzWU/
View Quote
thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFs1t1iRqnU

View Quote
What rounds were those?
It all depends on what those 20 rounds were.

I think I might get the 3610s and a Crye JPC 2.0, I just wish it wasn't so much

I know "Go be poor somewhere else"
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered a  set of 11x14 SAPI from Highcom just becaus at 6-4 it covered the area needed Using my cardboard cutout high tech device.

It’s what will fill up my JPC and I ran around the house last week with 10lbs weights inside the pc to get the feel.

I went with buy once hide it from the CFO

It’s the accessories that are killing my wallet
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I figured it was either M193 or M855

Either way, 20+ hits from an M4 stopped by a ceramic was pretty damned good to me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Either way, 20+ hits from an M4 stopped by a ceramic was pretty damned good to me.
View Quote
Kinda.

All modern ceramics are multi-hit. Not all .223/5.56 is equal. Shitty, underpowered wolf ammo doesn't really prove anything if m193 or m855 burns through it like butter.

In any case, I think the plates are good. The price and weight are on par with other, more expensive offerings, so I don't think you're getting a bad deal.

That said, I want to really, really know what my plate will/won't stop.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Kinda.

All modern ceramics are multi-hit. Not all .223/5.56 is equal. Shitty, underpowered wolf ammo doesn't really prove anything if m193 or m855 burns through it like butter.

In any case, I think the plates are good. The price and weight are on par with other, more expensive offerings, so I don't think you're getting a bad deal.

View All Quotes

Kinda.

Pretty sure Hesco's are a legit NIJ rated company.  It's been a while since I did my research before buying, but they are definitely GTG.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Pretty sure Hesco's are a legit NIJ rated company.  It's been a while since I did my research before buying, but they are definitely GTG.
View Quote
Oh they are, for sure. I'm just not well educated on the special threat stuff. It's not a problem with them, it's a problem with my inability to research it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh they are, for sure. I'm just not well educated on the special threat stuff. It's not a problem with them, it's a problem with my inability to research it.
View All Quotes

My understanding is @Eagle34 knows a lot more about the ratings systems than I do.

IIRC, Level 3 plates will stop M193 but not M855, while 3+ will stop both.  But I have been know to be wrong before.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
I have them added to my Esstac cart.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Best way is to measure yourself.  Nipple to nipple and from the gap between you color bones to just above your belly button (about an inch.)
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#21]

My understanding is @Eagle34 knows a lot more about the ratings systems than I do.

IIRC, Level 3 plates will stop M193 but not M855, while 3+ will stop both.  But I have been know to be wrong before.
View Quote
Not that I know more, just have recently done the research.  You are correct on the III and III+.

NIJ doesn't actually have a testing protocol for III+ but most manufacturers use this to indicate that it will stop level III plus M855.

Also NIJ doesn't have a testing protocol for Special Threat plates.  DEA and FBI have their own testing protocols and seem to be more stringent that NIJ.  If you get a set of plates that meet NIJ level III and DEA testing you have some really nice plates.  Be advised they will cost you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
I just got a quote from Ambitec gov sales for Hesco 3610's, ~$30 cheaper than you are seeing.  Don't know if that's the regular price or not but the lady said if I order in quantities of 10 I could get an even better price.  Might have to be done via purchase order though.  This was just an estimate.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:
Not that I know more, just have recently done the research.  You are correct on the III and III+.

NIJ doesn't actually have a testing protocol for III+ but most manufacturers use this to indicate that it will stop level III plus M855.

Also NIJ doesn't have a testing protocol for Special Threat plates.  DEA and FBI have their own testing protocols and seem to be more stringent that NIJ.  If you get a set of plates that meet NIJ level III and DEA testing you have some really nice plates.  Be advised they will cost you.
View All Quotes

The "+" doesn't mean anything beyond what the manufacturer wants it to mean.

Any ceramic plate will stop M855, including level III plates. The issue is with polyethylene plates. Poly only plates won't stop M855 at high velocities. The Hesco 3600 for example is rated level III, is poly only, and won't stop M855. But a ceramic plate carrying the same level III rating will stop M855.

It's not really an issue of rating as it is materials in regards to M193, M855, and similar projectiles.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

DI,F
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Do the 3610's meet both?
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 9:56:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#26]
View Quote
Well

Thanks for the info guys,

I plan on getting a Crye JPC 2.0, Zip on pack 2.0, and Hesco 3610 plates.....

Well back to ramen for the next couple of months
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Best way is to measure yourself.  Nipple to nipple and from the gap between you color bones to just above your belly button (about an inch.)
View Quote
I just measured and "tried" both sizes (used a ruler to get an idea of the coverage area) and While the large would give me better coverage (3/4 inch over the M plates). I think I'm going to go with the Mediums, I think that little bit of extra coverage isn't worth the extra 0.7lbs (1.4lb per set).
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#28]
What I can seem to find an answer on is that there are a ton of model numbers that are listed from many manufacturers on the NIJ list that are the same, so are the model numbers just a set of requirements that they follow and label it with that model or is there just a few actual makers and they just rebrand them?

I don’t know why I need to know but I do.

Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mlr052869:
What I can seem to find an answer on is that there are a ton of model numbers that are listed from many manufacturers on the NIJ list that are the same, so are the model numbers just a set of requirements that they follow and label it with that model or is there just a few actual makers and they just rebrand them?

I don't know why I need to know but I do.

View Quote
The part in red. There are few actual manufacturers of hard armor plates, particularly ceramic plates, compared to the number of sellers. The plates are manufactured by someone else and sold under private label.

The Paraclete Speed Plate lineup for example are re-branded TenCate plates. Shot Stop plates are also re-branded TenCate plates.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Do the 3610's meet both?
View Quote
Nope

Hesco makes no mention of it.  They may but might not have been submitted for testing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Nope

Hesco makes no mention of it.  They may but might not have been submitted for testing.
View All Quotes

Do the 3610's meet both?
Nope

Oh, well.

Still a great plate.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CAKEPWNER:

The part in red. There are few actual manufacturers of hard armor plates, particularly ceramic plates, compared to the number of sellers. The plates are manufactured by someone else and sold under private label.

The Paraclete Speed Plate lineup for example are re-branded TenCate plates. Shot Stop plates are also re-branded TenCate plates.
View Quote
Hesco's plates are manufactured by reed composite solutions, who they acquired in 2014.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#33]
This entire last page has 0 appropriate posts. What the fuck
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#34]

#notmyshit
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:23:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RustyDaleShackleford:
View Quote
The the thread title does say "Plate carrier thread?"

What do you want us to do?
Make 100+ threads asking basic questions?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:19:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: andrewz71] [#36]
The the thread title does say "Plate carrier thread?"

What do you want us to do?
Make 100+ threads asking basic questions?
View Quote
Actually thread title is:  Plate carrier thread? ** This is NOW a post pics of your Plate Carrier THREAD **

Since this is a pic thread questions and chat should be posted separate from this thread...

Example:

It kind of stinks when you are subscribed to a picture thread and only see people talking...
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the help guys, I just ordered a Crye JPC 2.0 in Multicam from OPTactical.

I ordered a medium, hopefully that will give me the coverage I want
I will post pics once I get it
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 12:50:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NVjunkie] [#38]
Originally Posted By RustyDaleShackleford:
View Quote
This

Hate seeing new post notification and it turns out to be jaw jagging.

I don’t mind a few questions about someone’s gear but there is way too much talk here.

No freeloading
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#39]
One of my test rigs

Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Just starting out.. Still waiting on my plates from highcom.

Estimated ship date is 10/28

Link Posted: 9/1/2018 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By NVjunkie:

This

I don’t mind a few questions about someone’s gear but there is way too much talk here.

No freeloading
https://i.imgur.com/zM5sn5M.jpg
View Quote
What rig is this?
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ICED_COVFEFE:

What rig is this?
View Quote
Shellback Banshee 2.0
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By D_Man:

Shellback Banshee 2.0
View Quote
Yup. I love it. Lots of nice features.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#44]

This

No freeloading
View Quote
Funny thats the same pic FullAutoHound posted on page 78.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By flashbag:
View All Quotes

This

No freeloading
Does it seem...familiar?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Everythingisawesome:
Does it seem...familiar?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Everythingisawesome:

This

No freeloading
Does it seem...familiar?
I have my suspicions
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:58:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWDeity] [#47]
Really happy with this rig. It got a work out this morning.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#48]
my very basic setup. London Bridge Trading 6094, Level III Lightweight UHMWPE plates, couple of HSGI tacos. bought an LBT mag insert, gonna try that instead of the tacos (which seem to interfere with my sling).Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Picked up an Lv-119.
Mè Gusta Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Love the MC black.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top