User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
I'm a 48-50 chest and 38 waist.

Medium or 10"x12" are the answer. Carrier is based on plate size so medium plates, medium carrier, etc.

Medium JPC w/ shooters cut LTC 28780 front/medium Hesco 3810 rear for reference.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
Originally Posted By CageFighter:
Agilite K19 or Crye JPC 2.0 ??

Also, what size plates are u big boys running in ur carrier?  I was originally considering an 11x14 plate, but may consider SAPI Large (10x12) to avoid restriction of movement, etc.  JPC L or XL?
Im 6'm 230, athletic build, 48" chest, 36' waist.
I'm a 48-50 chest and 38 waist.

Medium or 10"x12" are the answer. Carrier is based on plate size so medium plates, medium carrier, etc.

Medium JPC w/ shooters cut LTC 28780 front/medium Hesco 3810 rear for reference.  

wow...u guys really pissed in my cheerios w sizing.  wtf was I thinking?   thanks for the insight!
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 4:09:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tuukka:
SKD Tactical PIG Brigandine, with a Czech Lvl III plate in the rear and a Hesco L210 in the front.

Modded with a $10 buckle kit to not mess around with the velcro.

https://i.imgur.com/3QOGhqF.jpg
View Quote

What buckle kit did you use?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice Gondor Flag.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
My two Multicam Black setups, still in process.

LEFT
Crye JPC 2.0, Large
Hesco U210s (still haven't arrived, been on order roughly 120 days now)
AXL Admin Zipper, Black
Crye Zip on Rear Pouch, MCB
Crye Zip on Rear Pack, MCB
Ferro Concepts Mini Dangler, MCB
Spiritus Micro Fight MK4, MCB
Spiritus 5.56 insert
AXL Micro Fight Standard Full Zip Insert, Black

Not pictured but extra for it:
Crye AVS Detachable Flap M4, MCB
AXL Microfight Hi Top Full Zip Insert, MCB
Spiritus Full Flap, MCB
Spiritus Half Flap, MCB (x2)

Still going to add an aftermarket cummberbund with FS tubes, likely the A&A Tactical SEACU-Cummerbund, but I want to wait until I get my plates in to make sure I am confident on the sizing. I also want to add a small provision for a fixed blade knife.

RIGHT
LBX Armatus II, MCB, Medium
Hesco M210s, also been on order for roughly 120 days
LBX Dual Utility Back Panel, MCB

This is designed to be a no-frills vest that could work for the wife if needed. It may also live in my truck.

Once both sets of plates come in and I get everything figured out on the JPC, then I'll get started on a Multicam setup. may go with the Mayflower APC. Had one in Coyote and really liked it, but didn't spend much time wearing it.

Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sniper3142] [#5]
I just picked up an Agilite K19.  It is extremely comfortable and very flexible.

I attached a Haley Strategic D3CRX Micro to it using their Vertical QASM Adapter Kit and 2 pairs of their GTSR 1” Split-Bar Male Latches.

Link Posted: 6/28/2021 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I will second the notion that the K19 is comfortable. The only drawback to it is the QR shoulder straps affecting shouldering a rifle. It's not a major gripe, though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 3:41:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CageFighter] [#7]
anyone running the Warrior Assault LPC Low Profile Carrier V1 Solid Sides or V2??  looks like they're under $250 for the weekend.  how does it compare to the Crye JPC 2.0?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 2:29:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve got the WAS v2 laser cut. So far I like it a lot. Its much better that my previous two carriers and the quality is definitely there.

I don’t have a JPC to compare to but when I was looking at both, I feel like I got more for my money with the WAS.

Tubes cummerbund release, ready to go placard clips, velcro field front, velcro back (to adjust cummerbund), etc.

Yes the JPC has a zipper panel in the rear but I’m not in a cool team to even begin to utilize that feature. At most I’ll add a hydration pack.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Forgot to come back and update on my purchase. Snagged a K19 on sale a little while back. Hesco L210s fit perfectly in it with no issues at all. Only added a HSGI taco shingle to the front of it. 3 rifle and 3 pistol mags. Super comfy and well balanced. Next is IFAK and comms. Trying to keep it reasonable on the weight though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys, I’m new to this plate carrier things

I’m 5”10, 160lbs. Chest is about 37”

I just got a medium JPC 2.0. I tried it on, it feels like my shoulder are not wide enough for the strap. Also, after I adjusted shoulder strap to proper size (make it shorter) the excessive hanging in the back of the strap makes it uncomfortable. Any pro tips? Should I change to small size.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By kukworld:
Guys, I’m new to this plate carrier things

I’m 5”10, 160lbs. Chest is about 37”

I just got a medium JPC 2.0. I tried it on, it feels like my shoulder are not wide enough for the strap. Also, after I adjusted shoulder strap to proper size (make it shorter) the excessive hanging in the back of the strap makes it uncomfortable. Any pro tips? Should I change to small size.

Thanks
View Quote

With a 37" chest there is a pretty good chance you are a size small. Look up the thread that shows how to measure for plates and determine what size plates you need first.

The JPC has a fairly wide gap between shoulders which is one of the reasons it is so popular. If that doesn't work well for you other carriers have narrower shoulder gaps, the Mayflower APC and Velocity Systems Scarab are both decent options with narrower shoulders.

If there is a bunch of excess strap you can cut it off, just be sure to melt the ends of the remaining strap with a lighter so they don't fray.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

With a 37" chest there is a pretty good chance you are a size small. Look up the thread that shows how to measure for plates and determine what size plates you need first.

The JPC has a fairly wide gap between shoulders which is one of the reasons it is so popular. If that doesn't work well for you other carriers have narrower shoulder gaps, the Mayflower APC and Velocity Systems Scarab are both decent options with narrower shoulders.

If there is a bunch of excess strap you can cut it off, just be sure to melt the ends of the remaining strap with a lighter so they don't fray.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.

Why is the winder shoulder gap is preferred? It’s because of the body build or easier to manipulate weapons.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kukworld:

Thanks for the info.

Why is the winder shoulder gap is preferred? It’s because of the body build or easier to manipulate weapons.
View Quote

It can be more comfortable if you have a large neck or are wearing a collared uniform top. It also makes it easier to put on and take off.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 5:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DD1801] [#14]
I've been trying to read through this forum and the archives, getting my learn on.  

So I'm new to hard plates and carriers, and looking to outfit both myself and my wife.  I'm a bit smaller framed (about 5-8, 150 lbs).  Center nipple to center nipple is about 9". 12.25" from the area under the collar bone to the belly button. Chest size is about 38".  I was going to get mine first then see if it fits my wife, and if so get her a similar setup.  She's a little bit smaller than myself.  (We actually do have soft armor, the 3A setup from Spartan with their concealment carrier).

At first I was thinking Lvl 4, but after looking at the prices for the lighter & thinner ones, I think the 3+ / Special Threat will be fine.  I'm not taking this into a war zone overseas, just something for home defense / larping wannabe, or run into civil unrest (sure hope not). Defintely want to make sure it'll work against M855, and 7.62/.308.  

For Lvl 3+ considering the Hesco 3810, M210, 3611 and RMA 1092.  For Lvl 4 the 4601, 4400, 4800, and 4800LV, and the RMA 1192 and 1155.  I really just want to make sure it's multi curve and fairly light (that is more important for my wife than myself).  I'd like to keep mine under 6-7 lbs if possible.  That's what is appealing about the Lvl 3+ stuff, it's all at 5 lbs or less per plate.  BIG Edit - Just found the Hesco D220!  Available in Shooters Cut 10x12 and Med SAPI from HCCtactical.  Hmmmm.

Looking at what is in stock I'm probably going to end up with Medium SAPI front and rear.  I know some of you recommend the 10x12 shooter cut in front, but I don't even see an option for some of those models, unless it's just because they are out of stock.

For a carrier I like the esstac daeodon - M (formerly known as the ASS).  Looks like they have two cummerbund styles.  the QD belt cummerbund and the ROC cummerbund with 3 row pals.  Is the ROC the same as the "tubes" that everyone is talking about?  Kind of hard to tell on their website.  I think the QD belt is the one that looks more like a "seatbelt".  Any pros and cons to those choices?  

Thanks gents.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds good to me.
Anything medium size will fit you and your wife. Me and mine are similarly sized.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JustinOK34:
I've been trying to read through this forum and the archives, getting my learn on.  

So I'm new to hard plates and carriers, and looking to outfit both myself and my wife.  I'm a bit smaller framed (about 5-8, 150 lbs).  Center nipple to center nipple is about 9". 12.25" from the area under the collar bone to the belly button. Chest size is about 38".  I was going to get mine first then see if it fits my wife, and if so get her a similar setup.  She's a little bit smaller than myself.  (We actually do have soft armor, the 3A setup from Spartan with their concealment carrier).

At first I was thinking Lvl 4, but after looking at the prices for the lighter & thinner ones, I think the 3+ / Special Threat will be fine.  I'm not taking this into a war zone overseas, just something for home defense / larping wannabe, or run into civil unrest (sure hope not). Defintely want to make sure it'll work against M855, and 7.62/.308.  

For Lvl 3+ considering the Hesco 3810, M210, 3611 and RMA 1092.  For Lvl 4 the 4601, 4400, 4800, and 4800LV, and the RMA 1192 and 1155.  I really just want to make sure it's multi curve and fairly light (that is more important for my wife than myself).  I'd like to keep mine under 6-7 lbs if possible.  That's what is appealing about the Lvl 3+ stuff, it's all at 5 lbs or less per plate.  BIG Edit - Just found the Hesco D220!  Available in Shooters Cut 10x12 and Med SAPI from HCCtactical.  Hmmmm.

Looking at what is in stock I'm probably going to end up with Medium SAPI front and rear.  I know some of you recommend the 10x12 shooter cut in front, but I don't even see an option for some of those models, unless it's just because they are out of stock.

For a carrier I like the esstac daeodon - M (formerly known as the ASS).  Looks like they have two cummerbund styles.  the QD belt cummerbund and the ROC cummerbund with 3 row pals.  Is the ROC the same as the "tubes" that everyone is talking about?  Kind of hard to tell on their website.  I think the QD belt is the one that looks more like a "seatbelt".  Any pros and cons to those choices?  

Thanks gents.
View Quote

The folks I know running the RMA III+ love them. I’ve got a set of there standard LvlIV and am happy with them. That said have considered a set of III+ for my next set for the weight savings.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Thanks gents.
View Quote

I like the 3810 over the D220, same protection, 1.2lbs lighter for $75-$100 more. Esstac has both Hesco plates in stock at good price’s.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 12:01:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#18]

Thanks gents.
View Quote

I'm running Hesco 3810's in my primary PC. Love them. Best protection to weight. I have L4 in my backup PC JIC.

The main threats in urban areas are handgun rounds, M193, M855, and & 7.62x39 which the 3810's cover.

Edit: TRex Arms has M SAPI MC 3810's in stock.
https://www.trex-arms.com/store/hesco-3810-level-iii-plate-set/
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

I have a 46" chest and a Medium SAPI fits perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Thanks gents.
View Quote

You'll be much happier with small SAPI plates.

I'm 5'6", 150 lbs, with a 37" chest and wear smalls comfortably. Mediums aren't overly large but they are bigger than needed and get in the way of trying to get a good rifle mount in your shoulder as well as a good two-handed grip on a handgun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:50:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#21]
anyone know of a PTT retainer similar to the ferro one that would work with velcro? my LEPC is fairly spartan on the front, and doesnt have much left to attach anything to other than the top loop field. I've even thought of buying the ferro one and sewing velcro on, but then I might as well just make my own at that point.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Swimmers Cut JPC 2.0 with L210's. Added the SKD MK1's and First Spear plate backers at the recommendation of board members. Very comforfortable and minimalist like I wanted it. Also added the MC IR flag.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#24]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

@jonathon - or anyone

What is the small strap at the top of the 300 for? There is also a fold down velcro panel at the bottom of the velcro field. Any ideas?

View Quote

@Lancelot
For keeping a GRG secured (and securing a hydration tube at the same time)?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By benw8887:
Got my 12 y/o son an LBX 0300. eBay $62 shipped. Just need some plates for him now.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228520/2051E7F1-0138-4A5F-A14E-98AC259633CA_jpe-1941212.JPG
Edit: these are from 2014, in a pattern of camo that I’m guessing didn’t sell well. Great deal for the price. That camo will blend well in my AO.
View Quote

I have the same one, paid $80 on EE for it.  It’s been nice so far, just has a wimpy cummerbund that doesn’t support much weight.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Shaw Concepts RAID Pouch V2 showed up today. Pricy, but feature rich.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the feedback gents.  Decided on the M210.  Should be ordering hopefully soon.  

Soon.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By dislexiclawyer:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dislexiclawyer:
Originally Posted By Tuukka:
SKD Tactical PIG Brigandine, with a Czech Lvl III plate in the rear and a Hesco L210 in the front.

Modded with a $10 buckle kit to not mess around with the velcro.

https://i.imgur.com/3QOGhqF.jpg

@Tuukka
Inquiring poor minds want to know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Agilite just announced an upgraded version of their K19 PC.

They modified the front flap by adding Velcro for easier attachment of Chest Rigs.

K19 New Version! Has Israel Changed Plate Carriers For Good?

I'm happy with the K19 I picked up a few months ago and have already added the parts needed to attach my Haley Strategic D3CR Micro.  But it is nice to have a "factory" or OEM option.

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
Agilite just announced an upgraded version of their K19 PC.

They modified the front flap by adding Velcro for easier attachment of Chest Rigs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvWRuee3C8

I'm happy with the K19 I picked up a few months ago and have already added the parts needed to attach my Haley Strategic D3CR Micro.  But it is nice to have a "factory" or OEM option.
View Quote

I got the email from Agilite today about the new K19. Gotta say it's impressive how comfortable mine is. Curious how this new one will shake out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I believe the only change is on the front panel.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for the feedback gents.  Decided on the M210.  Should be ordering hopefully soon.  

Soon.  
View Quote
prepare for a length wait.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 2:09:51 AM EDT
[#37]
@ObsoleteMan who makes the windbreaker? Looks good.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
@ObsoleteMan who makes the windbreaker? Looks good.
View Quote

@135Patriots
See this link re: my recent Desert Night Camo thread. Its an AdventureTech reversible goretex jacket and they are getting pricey on eBay, especially the larger sizes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:38:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#39]
Just pulled the trigger on the new placard-friendly Agilite K19, AMAP III and the laptop sleeve and EDC placard for the AMAP.  Sadly, all in Multicam, since they don't seem to make the new K19 in Coyote yet (options are Ranger Green, MC, and Black).  

10% off and free shipping over $300, and they say it'll ship on 8/5.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Shaw Concepts RAID Pouch V2 showed up today. Pricy, but feature rich.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210721_203756813_jpg-2023145.JPG
View Quote

Shock cord on a dangler pouch seems like a giant snag hazard.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Grey Ghost Gear minimalist carrier Ranger Green
Old 1st Gen Blue Force Gear 10 Speed mag pouch
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 12:55:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PirateEC:
https://i.postimg.cc/L5fXB2kP/9-E3-CD22-C-6-E3-A-4-E24-B805-B97-FFC60-EC4-E.jpg

View Quote

Gotta love nice and simple.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PirateEC:
https://i.postimg.cc/L5fXB2kP/9-E3-CD22-C-6-E3-A-4-E24-B805-B97-FFC60-EC4-E.jpg

View Quote

That's a nice setup.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Crye Precision JPC 2.0, MultiCam Arid, Size L
AXL Advanced Admin Zipper for the Crye JPC, Coyote
RMA Armament 1094s, Multi-Curve, Level III+, Size L
Spiritus Systems Micro Fight Chassis Mk4, MultiCam Arid
Spiritus Systems Rifle Mag Insert (3 X 5.56)
AXL Advanced Micro Fight Standard Full Zipper Insert, Coyote
Spiritus Systems Indian Head Patch

Link Posted: 7/24/2021 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Ferro Concepts FCPCv5
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 9:58:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I pulled the trigger on a JPC 1.0, just want something a little lighter than my Banshee. This sucker is almost 10 years old but has held up outstandingly well. This is probably the last pic I'll ever take of it before I transfer to the JPC.

Untitled by Will5B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Hello fellow Banshee 1.0 owner Not many of us around.
View Quote

I looked up my invoice from SKD for the Banshee, I bought it in 2012 and paid like $120 or so

Even being ten years old, I think I’ll be able to make a small profit off of it
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By S-1:
Swimmers Cut JPC 2.0 with L210's. Added the SKD MK1's and First Spear plate backers at the recommendation of board members. Very comforfortable and minimalist like I wanted it. Also added the MC IR flag.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24782/20210721_011819_jpg-2022275.JPG
View Quote

How are you liking your KAC NT4 SUPPRESSOR? I have one in Taupe and love the tone of it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:44:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: armoredman] [#50]
I think I will remove the extra two mag panel on the right side of my carrier - at my age and current physical condition, I have to think that I might not be able to survive longer than the three mags in the kangaroo pouch. Three 30 rounders and a IFK should be good enough for now.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top