User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:06:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QuickReactions] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gurthy:
@jonathon
I used the Velcro part of a Tac Tailor dangler (Grey Ghost Gear also uses the same attachment system) and threaded the pouch's MOLLE straps through that. (550 cord loops through the bottom PALS row on the PC also works...that's how I have my dangler attached to my other PC and the reason I had the Velcro part lying around).

I have the both the TQ holder and the Velcro dangler thingamajig sandwiched in the plate.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218803/image_67150849_JPG-1942375.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218803/image_67218945_JPG-1942370.JPG

View Quote

Nice. That right there is called using your noodle.

Edit:
Can’t have page ownage without a pic, so here’s yours truly getting some mileage in with my AVS and MR Komodo Dragon a few days ago during our fallen Defender ruck. Before anyone says anything, I know that the waist belt should be lower. The yoke is already adjusted about as far as it can go, but wearing body armor makes everything more difficult.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know the scoop on the Agilite K19? Are they GTG or shit? Got an email today about these carriers and I've never heard of them.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
Anyone know the scoop on the Agilite K19? Are they GTG or shit? Got an email today about these carriers and I've never heard of them.

https://www.uspatriottactical.com/dw/image/v2/BBQH_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-uspatriot_master_catalog/default/dwec22f32c/images/hi-res/AgiliteGear_8055MTCML_Multicam_4.jpg?sw=1000&sh=1000&sm=fit
View Quote

They're good. Made in Israel
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]

https://www.uspatriottactical.com/dw/image/v2/BBQH_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-uspatriot_master_catalog/default/dwec22f32c/images/hi-res/AgiliteGear_8055MTCML_Multicam_4.jpg?sw=1000&sh=1000&sm=fit
View Quote

Supposed to be high quality, and afaik Israeli SOF uses them heavily.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
They're fine, it's just overpriced.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Used extensively by Israel SOF, and they're constantly slaying bad guys so I'd say they're good
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I was just listening to Mike Ritland (Mike Drop Podcast) and Chris Osman (founder of TAG - Tactical Assault Gear) shooting the shit about gear and Chris said that the highest quality, US made, Berry compliant $450-500 PCs cost about $85 to produce. That's a lot of margin built-in as the finished product changes hands several times on the way to the end user.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

@Cowbell
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

@Cowbell
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

@Cowbell

Agilite K5, love it. Upgraded to first spear tubes from A&A tactical
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Appreciate all the feedback gents. I'm gonna keep my eye on this one.

@PatriotNC

What would you recommend as a better value? I'm seeing it's not much more than a CP JPC 2.0 and similar carriers. I'm open to alternatives.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#12]

@PatriotNC

What would you recommend as a better value? I'm seeing it's not much more than a CP JPC 2.0 and similar carriers. I'm open to alternatives.
View Quote

Ferro or spiritus if you find one in stock. LAPG has an alternative that some seem to like.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#13]

@PatriotNC

View Quote

Depending on what you need, there are a number of options I'd consider first. Like you said, the JPC 2.0 is pretty much the default option these days for a reason. If you're using the kind of load that most people have, it's extremely effective, and it's got tons of industry support. For the price, it's frankly a steal. If you want more of the structural support function, the Crye SPC is another option and decently priced.

With the disclaimer that I'm a nobody, I always tell guys to no-shit, consider what you will actually put on a carrier. Not fantasy land stuff, game plan exactly what you actually need. Most guys expect to put too much shit on their carrier, go bigger than they need to, and pay the price for it. In terms of bulk, weight, and money. Most of us here who have been playing with this stuff for a few years have bins (and/or EE threads) full of good ideas that didn't survive more than a day or two of having to carry it around. Realistically, if you're looking to carry less and could benefit from a more scalable rather than modular carrier, look at the Velocity LEPC and you can save quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By thedave1164:

Tried out several different PC’s, bought a couple, then got my K19

The K19 truly is the most comfortable and adjustable one that I have experienced.

Their QD works better than others, and you can use a lot of different plates, it has retaining straps inside to allow this.

Yes, they are not cheap, but I don’t feel I have overspent compared to the others out there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thedave1164:

Tried out several different PC’s, bought a couple, then got my K19

The K19 truly is the most comfortable and adjustable one that I have experienced.

Their QD works better than others, and you can use a lot of different plates, it has retaining straps inside to allow this.

Yes, they are not cheap, but I don’t feel I have overspent compared to the others out there.

FWIW when I ordered mine, April 2020 ish, it took like 4 months to arrive due to Multicam fabric shortage. Not sure how their situation is now just throwing that out there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#16]
@PatriotNC

Thank you for your reply.

I have two POV's for carriers - one being the training load, which is worn for rucks, courses, FTX's etc. Philosophy is to get as close as possible to what I'd wear OCONUS (I'm in the RC). I already have this setup, which includes a TYR PICO-MVS. My deployment scenarios range from heavily SOP-driven commands to wear what you want (within reason) commands. This is what I found to be the most reasonable option considering my wide range of possible deployment scenarios.

Photo:

Attachment Attached File

My second kit would be the home/truck kit. Priorities would be-

1) Much lighter
2) Quick to don
3) Somewhat comfortable to wear for prolonged periods/while driving
4) Focus on speed over sustainment
5) Carry 3x M4 mags, nothing else
6) Available in RG/OD/Foliage (okay, not a priority, but I want what I want )

The K12 caught my attention because it's cheaper than a JPC with a QD cummerbund, although it looks like there is some disagreement whether the K12 or other QD options are better.

Thanks again for your reply. I'm not pulling the trigger on anything anytime soon and appreciate the feedback.

@stoner01

Thank you as well. I've been considering these too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Those with JPCs, how are you attaching your PTT?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cone256:
Those with JPCs, how are you attaching your PTT?
View Quote

Thick rubber bands to the MOLLE that is parallel to the ground.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#19]
What is everyones thoughts on the "best" plate carrier that will also take placards, and take more weight than the JPC? The MOS SPAV-W looks very nice but also very expensive.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
What is everyones thoughts on the "best" plate carrier that will also take placards, and take more weight than the JPC? The MOS SPAV-W looks very nice but also very expensive.
View Quote

While it's not perfect, the AVS can be modded to effectively take placards. That said, if you're looking for something that isn't painfully expensive, the AVS definitely does not fit the bill.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

SPC.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Velocity Systems Scarab.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

Velocity Systems Scarab.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

Velocity Systems Scarab.

Lv119. Avs. Spc.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

The Crye SPC, or an SPC with an Eagle ERGO harness thing, is 100% the way to go. It should come in about $400 or so?

An AVS with the AXL AVP would also work.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:03:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iceboatguy] [#25]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

Lv119. Avs. Spc.
View Quote

I don't think the LV119 would be any better at handling weight than a JPC. I've found them generally less comfortable with the same 15-20lb I put on my JPCs because of the shoulder strap design. Why do you say it is?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By iceboatguy:

I don't think the LV119 would be any better at handling weight than a JPC. I've found them generally less comfortable with the same 15-20lb I put on my JPCs because of the shoulder strap design. Why do you say it is?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iceboatguy:

Lv119. Avs. Spc.

I've found it 10x more comfortable. I have a different set of shoulder pads though. I have extensive time in both.

The lv119 needs the molle cummerbund (with or without tubes) for heavier loads. The spiritus bund has a better skeletal system than the crye. I hate elastic cummerbunds for anything but ultra light low pro work.

I'm not affiliated with spiritus but the lv119 is the most comfortable carrier I've used. I've had the back panel fully loaded with shit too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 4:37:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#27]
Guys is it normal for L210s to have extra space in a Ferro Slickster?

It’s like they are 2-4” too small.

Edit:

Upon further review it appears I bought the damn large pair which has the 10.5x13 pocket.

I thought large meant for a larger person. This really blows.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 5:12:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrRecon] [#28]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Edit:

Upon further review it appears I bought the damn large pair which has the 10.5x13 pocket.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/B4AFB11D-809E-4F89-8E9B-3B8A317F0508_png-1950565.JPG
View Quote

Carriers are sized to plates, my friend. Ferro/SKD are good people, reach out to them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MrRecon:

Carriers are sized to plates, my friend. Ferro/SKD are good people, reach out to them.
View Quote

I know. This was my 3rd carrier and don’t know why I didn’t catch that. I had a instock email come in from skd and jumped on it. I have emailed them and they will accept the return.

What sucks is finding a multicam or OD green medium in stock.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Edit:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/B4AFB11D-809E-4F89-8E9B-3B8A317F0508_png-1950565.JPG
View Quote

Hesco L210 fit best in a swimmers cut PC. I went with a med jpc 2.0 maritime swimmers cut with L210 and firstspear backers for a small lightweight setup.
Optactical has them in stock and ships quick.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#31]
I like that one.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

Hesco L210 fit best in a swimmers cut PC. I went with a med jpc 2.0 maritime swimmers cut with L210 and firstspear backers for a small lightweight setup.
Optactical has them in stock and ships quick.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/1FC309C3-8E54-4733-9DDA-65AD31B00997_jpe-1951525.JPG
View Quote

That maybe the case. I just like the way the slickster is made. Very simple which is what I want.

Just wish I could find a medium in a color I want in stock.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

After researching PCs, I settled on the K19. This is not just thrown together, it's a well-built piece of gear. It goes on easily and comes off easily. I preferred the open sides for ventilation. The only criticism I have for it is the Quick Release shoulder straps tend to interfere with shouldering a rifle, so you have to adjust to that.

If I was made of money I would try other carriers to find something that might be better, but that's not an indictment of the K19, because overall I am happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By PatriotNC:
With the disclaimer that I'm a nobody, I always tell guys to no-shit, consider what you will actually put on a carrier. Not fantasy land stuff, game plan exactly what you actually need. Most guys expect to put too much shit on their carrier, go bigger than they need to, and pay the price for it. In terms of bulk, weight, and money. Most of us here who have been playing with this stuff for a few years have bins (and/or EE threads) full of good ideas that didn't survive more than a day or two of having to carry it around. Realistically, if you're looking to carry less and could benefit from a more scalable rather than modular carrier, look at the Velocity LEPC and you can save quite a bit.
View Quote

There is so much truth to this paragraph, it's not funny.

After playing around with my PC and trying different things out on it, I have settled on just a double mag pouch attached to the K19. That's it. Anything more is too much. I value mobility, comfort, and simplicity.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 7:43:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#35]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

After researching PCs, I settled on the K19. This is not just thrown together, it's a well-built piece of gear. It goes on easily and comes off easily. I preferred the open sides for ventilation. The only criticism I have for it is the Quick Release shoulder straps tend to interfere with shouldering a rifle, so you have to adjust to that.

If I was made of money I would try other carriers to find something that might be better, but that's not an indictment of the K19, because overall I am happy with it.
View All Quotes

That's the complaint I have about my plate carrier (Shellback Banshee Elite 2.0). Not sure why they don't come up with a less clumsy solution to reduce the thickness of the shoulder straps when shouldering your rifle. That's really my only complaint about mine. It's super comfy as a plate carrier goes, but I HATE that those quick release buckles being in the way.

It makes me want to switch to something more streamlined like a JPC, but then I hear people complaining about their comfort level, and it makes me hesitant. I've thought about enlisting a seamstress and modifying mine to get rid of them. Not really needed if you have tubes on your cummerbund IMO, but I'm not an operator or anything.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Alien:
That's the complaint I have about my plate carrier (Shellback Banshee Elite 2.0). Not sure why they don't come up with a less clumsy solution to reduce the thickness of the shoulder straps when shouldering your rifle. That's really my only complaint about mine. It's super comfy as a plate carrier goes, but I HATE that those quick release buckles being in the way.

It makes me want to switch to something more streamlined like a JPC, but then I hear people complaining about their comfort level, and it makes me hesitant. I've thought about enlisting a seamstress and modifying mine to get rid of them. Not really needed if you have tubes on your cummerbund IMO, but I'm not an operator or anything.
View All Quotes

Lv119 master race checking in :p
But seriously, plate carriers are like shoes-what fits you like a glove doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

Can you post pictures of the rifle shouldered? Slight tweaks to the position/angle may overcome this.

Another option is changing the optic mount height. I can't help make suggestions without seeing your position though
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:33:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#37]

But seriously, plate carriers are like shoes-what fits you like a glove doesn't necessarily work for someone else.

Can you post pictures of the rifle shouldered? Slight tweaks to the position/angle may overcome this.

Another option is changing the optic mount height. I can't help make suggestions without seeing your position though
View All Quotes

I will see if I can get some pictures. I am using an ACR with the stock fully collapsed. I like to use it at 2 positions out when not wearing my PC FWIW. I don't feel like my arms are short (I'm 5'11" @ 220 lbs), but I feel like if I had longer arms this wouldn't be as much of an issue. I understand wearing armor and shouldering a rifle takes some getting used to. Maybe they is an issue too, but it bothers me that those buckles are right where I want to shoulder my rifle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

I went from a Banshee 1.0 to an Esstac ASS.

Esstac is more comfy, but is a little bit of a more minimalistic PC.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#40]

That rug. I need to go to one of those. Only thing I don't have is NVG's.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Now we're gonna need to see a clear picture of that rug...
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#42]
SKD Tactical PIG Brigandine, with a Czech Lvl III plate in the rear and a Hesco L210 in the front.

Modded with a $10 buckle kit to not mess around with the velcro.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Very well made and comfortable to wear.

I recommend

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#44]
What do you think of the Silynx? I have one set up on my carrier but have only shot with it once. Comms seem to be very clear on them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:29:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CageFighter] [#45]
Agilite K19 or Crye JPC 2.0 ??

Also, what size plates are u big boys running in ur carrier?  I was originally considering an 11x14 plate, but may consider SAPI Large (10x12) to avoid restriction of movement, etc.  JPC L or XL?
Im 6'm 230, athletic build, 48" chest, 36' waist.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256] [#46]
Originally Posted By CageFighter:

Also, what size plates are u big boys running in ur carrier?  I was originally considering an 11x14 plate, but may consider 10x12 to avoid restriction of movement, etc.  JPC L or XL?
View Quote

Do not, do not, get the 11x14 plates.  I'm 6'5 and I couldn't shoulder my weapon correctly with my 11x14 plates.  At most get large SAPIs or large shooters cut.  I ended up with a swimmers cut JPC 2.0 with large shooters cut Hesco 3810s.  Don't make the expensive mistake I did, figuring I was a big boy I needed the XL plates especially since I measured and in theory it all added up

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cone256:
Do not, do not, get the 11x14 plates.  I'm 6'5 and I couldn't shoulder my weapon correctly with my 11x14 plates.  At most get large SAPIs or large shooters cut.  I ended up with a swimmers cut JPC 2.0 with large shooters cut Hesco 3810s.  Don't make the expensive mistake I did, figuring I was a big boy I needed the XL plates especially since I measured and in theory it all added up
View Quote

Thanks for the advise!
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Also, what size plates are u big boys running in ur carrier?  I was originally considering an 11x14 plate, but may consider SAPI Large (10x12) to avoid restriction of movement, etc.  JPC L or XL?
View Quote

I’ll echo the not getting the XL plates. I have a 46” chest and wear mediums.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
I'm 46" chest, 38 waist. Large sapi are on the edge of being too big.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
I'm a 48-50 chest and 38 waist.

Medium or 10"x12" are the answer. Carrier is based on plate size so medium plates, medium carrier, etc.

Medium JPC w/ shooters cut LTC 28780 front/medium Hesco 3810 rear for reference.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top