Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:24:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Phildo] [#1]
Scored a spiritus lv119 overt front, covert rear, and elastic cummerbund off the EE last week... and surprisingly enough the hesco 3810s showed up the next day.  This is fate.  Had nothing to put on it but my old patch.  That’ll change soon.  Can’t believe how comfortable this PC and the plates are.  This plate carrier was made for these plates I feel.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mnew007:

@Zirak - where in the heck did you find a roll of coyote? I looked pretty hard and only found a few places selling it a yard at a time..... I caved and bought a legit 25yd roll from amazon, but in black.
View Quote

@mnew007

I got some from Milspec Monkey last year sometime.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LFC2112:

Are we talking about shoulder pads? If so, the HSGI ones are seriously comfortable and have a really grippy material on the underside. I can post pictures, LMK
View Quote

Inside the carrier pads for comfort/ sweat control.

Can't remember what they call them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Newbie question, when shouldering your rifle do you place the rifle butt on the strap/pad of the carrier or put on your exposed shoulder?

I tried both and the butt would slip off the strap/pad easily during recoil
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:22:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StraightMiataMan] [#6]
Originally Posted By evnash:
Newbie question, when shouldering your rifle do you place the rifle butt on the strap/pad of the carrier or put on your exposed shoulder?

I tried both and the butt would slip off the strap/pad easily during recoil
View Quote

...Yes? It's generally a bit of both, this is part of why you'll see some stocks with either really grippy rubber, supper aggressive texture, or both. My ACE SOCOM stock has really tacky grippy rubber while my MVB ARC X-Ti is super aggressive, both help them to grip on whatever clothing I have including my carrier straps though the rubber is definitely more comfortable against the shoulder. Shortening the stock a notch or few from where you shoot without a carrier is also a big help in getting fitment right, this is part of why fixed stocks have generally fallen by the wayside. It also depends a bit on your carrier - I'm using a slickster which has really low-profile straps, if you've got thick beefy padded straps it'll make it a bit harder to shoulder.

Grabbed a few examples off google:

Here you can see that the stock's ran all the way in and placed wholly on the plate carrier:

This is closer to how I usually end up, with part of the stock on and part of the stock off the carrier:

And then here's another with it majority off the carrier:

There's not really a "wrong" way so long as you're consistently mounting behind the sights and putting shots on target, a lot of it comes down to body type and carrier design. Broad shouldered with a slick carrier can probably mount completely off the carrier, trim builds in an IOTV are going to be solely on the carrier.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

Inside the carrier pads for comfort/ sweat control.

Can't remember what they call them.
View Quote

Pontoons?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Nothing super fancy, but I'm really loving this setup.

Attachment Attached File

Plate Carrier
Shellback Tactical banshee elite 2.0
lvl IIIa soft side armor
lvl IV 4401 front/rear plates
Tactical Taylor 5.56 3 mag pouch
Shellback Tactical flap sac 2.0
TAG utility pouch
BFG med pouch
BFG single point sling (integrated into PC)
(Ordered) BDS QR tube kit

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:26:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wobblin-Goblin] [#9]

Love the Jed Eckert patch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Really appreciate everyone in this thread. I've got plans now for my 3 setups. Here's my first one I am going to complete:

Crye JPC 2.0 Large in MCB
Spiritus MK4 Micro MCB
5.56 insert, also going to get the subgun insert

Still need:
Hesco U210, SAPI Large
MOS Tactical Winglets, MCB (radio and/or mags)
MOS Tactical 3 Band JPC™ First Spear® Tube Skeletonized Cummerbund (waiting until I get my plates so I can make sure I get the right length
Spiritus Halfflaps in MCB

Optional, still debating:
WTF Ideas rear hydration panel (small or large, not sure but they make it MCB)
Crye rear pack and panel in MCB (likely given OPTactical is going to be getting them)
Some dangler for IFAK (I likely will have IFAK on for sure just trying to decide best location and mechanism)

I have not even begun to explore/research first line belt stuff. My other 2 carriers are a Mayflower APC in Coyote which will likely be a Level 4 plate plus a heavier loadout since I already have the Velocity 4x 5.56 placard. Third is a medium Armatus in MCB that will have U210s in it as well for the wife and or me.

Thoughts? Other than the fact that I went MCB. I already admitted I was a mall ninja...

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JHorne:
Really appreciate everyone in this thread. I've got plans now for my 3 setups. Here's my first one I am going to complete:

Crye JPC 2.0 Large in MCB
Spiritus MK4 Micro MCB
5.56 insert, also going to get the subgun insert

Still need:
Hesco U210, SAPI Large
MOS Tactical Winglets, MCB (radio and/or mags)
MOS Tactical 3 Band JPC™ First Spear® Tube Skeletonized Cummerbund (waiting until I get my plates so I can make sure I get the right length
Spiritus Halfflaps in MCB

Optional, still debating:
WTF Ideas rear hydration panel (small or large, not sure but they make it MCB)
Crye rear pack and panel in MCB (likely given OPTactical is going to be getting them)
Some dangler for IFAK (I likely will have IFAK on for sure just trying to decide best location and mechanism)

I have not even begun to explore/research first line belt stuff. My other 2 carriers are a Mayflower APC in Coyote which will likely be a Level 4 plate plus a heavier loadout since I already have the Velocity 4x 5.56 placard. Third is a medium Armatus in MCB that will have U210s in it as well for the wife and or me.

Thoughts? Other than the fact that I went MCB. I already admitted I was a mall ninja...

https://i.imgur.com/6ndyXkf.jpg
View Quote

You're probably better off buying a different sub-gun placard than just buying inserts. Stuffs a pain to swap out.

Try a dangler out before you buy it. Those are a love/hate thing. If you dont have access to one get your hands on a large(r) fanny sack and wear it with the carrier.

If you aren't carrying radios the winglets aren't really a needed accessory.

I personally hate the crye back panels. If you're getting them for collectable purpose I get it.

If you're looking at the whiskey two four you may want to look at the haley flatpack as well.

As always it's preference and ymmv.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:

You're probably better off buying a different sub-gun placard than just buying inserts. Stuffs a pain to swap out.

Try a dangler out before you buy it. Those are a love/hate thing. If you dont have access to one get your hands on a large(r) fanny sack and wear it with the carrier.

I personally hate the crye back panels. If you're getting them for collectable purpose I get it.

If you're looking at the whiskey two four you may want to look at the haley flatpack as well.

View Quote

Thanks. I actually have a second MK4 in MCB (ordered two when they came in last week) so I could just swap the entire placard when needed. However that then means I need to buy either another full flap or 2 halfs as well.

Thanks for the recommendation on the dangler. I don't have a problem buying something and using it and then swapping it out if I don't like it. I know you have to pay to play.

I will try to run a radio so that is why I know I'd like at least 1 winglet, and again, I don't have a problem trying it and then if I hate it, change it.

I am most likely going to not run anything on the back other than hydration. I'd get a flatpack but they don't make them in MCB anymore and I hear the flatpack 1 is unobtanium. I've never held or messed with the Crye back stuff but again, my thought is if I can get them at a decent price and I try them but don't like them, I can sell them with minimal loss.

Greatly appreciate the feedback.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:05:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks. I actually have a second MK4 in MCB (ordered two when they came in last week) so I could just swap the entire placard when needed. However that then means I need to buy either another full flap or 2 halfs as well.

Thanks for the recommendation on the dangler. I don't have a problem buying something and using it and then swapping it out if I don't like it. I know you have to pay to play.

I will try to run a radio so that is why I know I'd like at least 1 winglet, and again, I don't have a problem trying it and then if I hate it, change it.

I am most likely going to not run anything on the back other than hydration. I'd get a flatpack but they don't make them in MCB anymore and I hear the flatpack 1 is unobtanium. I've never held or messed with the Crye back stuff but again, my thought is if I can get them at a decent price and I try them but don't like them, I can sell them with minimal loss.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Fp comes in mcb

A lot of us have abandoned winglets for radios unless you're a team/squad/insert word leader of some type. Most people aren't adjusting channels or frequencies so we mount them further back.

Before you buy a half/full flap consider what you'll be carrying. A lot of sub gun setups people run sub mags(rear), pistol x2 in front, multitool x1 front, handheld light x1 front. Subguns are typically cqb weapons so admin items up front doesn't really make a lot of sense for the loadout. If you have special requirements, of course those come first.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By vjf915:

Pontoons?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#15]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/Screenshot_20210223-202847_Chrome_jpg-1837955.JPG

Fp comes in mcb

A lot of us have abandoned winglets for radios unless you're a team/squad/insert word leader of some type. Most people aren't adjusting channels or frequencies so we mount them further back.

Before you buy a half/full flap consider what you'll be carrying. A lot of sub gun setups people run sub mags(rear), pistol x2 in front, multitool x1 front, handheld light x1 front. Subguns are typically cqb weapons so admin items up front doesn't really make a lot of sense for the loadout. If you have special requirements, of course those come first.
View Quote

Dude, I could have SWORN that the Flatpack didn't have MCB the other day when I checked!

Even worse, OP Tactical got in their MCB rear pack and pouch panel today. Bought both. And they restocked the AVS detachable front panel... $750 later I am surely going to have some options! Being a MCB whore is going to ruin me financially...

Good advice on the subgun. Again, I am a mall ninja so my setup will really have limited applicability other than training and then SHTF scenarios. It's funny you mention the flaps for the front of the Spiritus because I was just thinking this exact scenario, use 1/2 for a multitool and light, and make the other 1/2 maybe a zipper for some loose items like a few extra batteries. The pistol mag option is great too.

I ordered a good bit from AXL today to try out, including a full zipper add on for the Spiritus and the 1/2. Also ordered the admin pouch zipper.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Phildo:
Scored a spiritus lv119 overt front, covert rear, and elastic cummerbund off the EE last week... and surprisingly enough the hesco 3810s showed up the next day.  This is fate.  Had nothing to put on it but my old patch.  That’ll change soon.  Can’t believe how comfortable this PC and the plates are.  This plate carrier was made for these plates I feel.

https://i.imgur.com/k464SPT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uQBNs3u.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fZlBcJT.jpg
View Quote

That's a nice set up with the 3810s.

Waiting on my Beez Baofeng pouch to arrive...

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#17]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

https://i.imgur.com/TiY0Q88.jpg
View Quote

Nice setup, buddy! Speaking of the Beez Combat Systems Radio Pouch Baofeng UV-5R GRIDLOK, I just got mine today. It comes with tan shock cord and tan ITW GTSP Cordlock. I happened to have coyote versions of both and swapped them out for a more uniform look with the rest of my plate carrier.

Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to route all the wires and keep them out of the way--while still making it easy to don/doff my plate carrier. Work in progress pic. In hindsight, maybe the Peltor PTT that Disco32 retrofits to the Kenwood 2-pin was the better route because you would eliminate that bulky NATO 6-pin connection point. It certainly isn't helping to keep things tidy.

BTW, at least now I have like $900 in comms so that I can listen to the national weather channel through my headset connected to my $35 Chinese radio that reads FENG GANG when I turn it on! So much financial wisdom emanating from this guy.

+ Peltor ComTac V single comms (not shown)
+ Peltor FL5601-02 PTT
+ Disco32 M55116 to Kenwood 2 pin (with amplifier add-on)

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Nice setup, buddy! Speaking of the Beez Combat Systems Radio Pouch Baofeng UV-5R GRIDLOK, I just got mine today. It comes with tan shock cord and tan ITW GTSP Cordlock. I happened to have coyote versions of both and swapped them out for a more uniform look with the rest of my plate carrier.

Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to route all the wires and keep them out of the way--while still making it easy to don/doff my plate carrier. Work in progress pic. In hindsight, maybe the Peltor PTT that Disco32 retrofits to the Kenwood 2-pin was the better route because you would eliminate that bulky NATO 6-pin connection point. It certainly isn't helping to keep things tidy.

BTW, at least now I have like $900 in comms so that I can listen to the national weather channel through my headset connected to my $35 Chinese radio that reads FENG GANG when I turn it on! So much financial wisdom emanating from this guy.

+ Peltor FL5601-02 PTT

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50977484203_765cac648b_c.jpg
View Quote

I know nothing about comms but what's the appeal of those Peltor PTTs? Sometime back when, when I had an MBITR on my vest there were more than a few days I felt like the U94 PTT was too big, felt like it caught on every hatch, doorway, buttstock, etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By northcoastwizard:

I know nothing about comms but what's the appeal of those Peltor PTTs? Sometime back when, when I had an MBITR on my vest there were more than a few days I felt like the U94 PTT was too big, felt like it caught on every hatch, doorway, buttstock, etc.
View Quote

Nothing. They are just what comes with the headsets. Compared to a U94, and particularly TEA PTTs, they are gigantic and annoying.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#20]

+ Peltor FL5601-02 PTT

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50977484203_765cac648b_c.jpg
View Quote

Wire through the unused side molle. Ptt retainers on the vest itself can help vertical routing issues.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Andrewc_c:
https://i.imgur.com/qQABkAd.jpg

- Spiritus Systems LV-119 Overt front and back
- Elastic cummerbund. (Purchased the velcro molle cummerbund as well but preferred the elasticity of the other one so far. Maybe my opinion will change when it's hot out)
- Medium ESAPI plates from Uncle Sam

On the way:
- Haley Strategic DC3RM (I feel like I got super luck finding this instock. I was just browsing around late Friday night and happened to see multicam available)

Still need to find:
- Shoulder covers
View Quote

Updated:

My micro rig finally arrived after being lost in the mail for two weeks. I feel pretty happy and content with the current setup.

Picked up some tubes from spiritus systems, still undecided. I like how snug I can get the carrier with the elastic cummerbund.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Updated:

My micro rig finally arrived after being lost in the mail for two weeks. I feel pretty happy and content with the current setup.

Picked up some tubes from spiritus systems, still undecided. I like how snug I can get the carrier with the elastic cummerbund.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78485/95968D54-D9D8-42E7-A704-A6EE870CC3CD_jpe-1841888.JPG
View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/qQABkAd.jpg

- Spiritus Systems LV-119 Overt front and back
- Elastic cummerbund. (Purchased the velcro molle cummerbund as well but preferred the elasticity of the other one so far. Maybe my opinion will change when it's hot out)
- Medium ESAPI plates from Uncle Sam

On the way:
- Haley Strategic DC3RM (I feel like I got super luck finding this instock. I was just browsing around late Friday night and happened to see multicam available)

Still need to find:
- Shoulder covers

Updated:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78485/95968D54-D9D8-42E7-A704-A6EE870CC3CD_jpe-1841888.JPG

Looks great!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone have a Velocity Systems Scarab in size small?  I am curious how big the plate bags are. All the pictures I can find of Scarabs have 8 columns of MOLLE webbing on the front which would indicate they are much wider than a small SAPI plate. I can't tell if all the pictures I can find are of medium or large carriers, or if Velocity makes all the Scarabs that large.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Updated:

View Quote

Lower profile, less load go with the elastic.

Higher weight, go with tubes. They distribute weight better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

https://i.imgur.com/TiY0Q88.jpg
View Quote

I find that with my bleeder kit in this position, that my rifle sling gets caught very easily especially when transferring to and from pistol. Any suggestion?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I place my radio on weak side cummerbund directly next to the front weak side magazine. My IFAK/Bleeder (two columns of MOLLE) goes as far back as the cummerbund will allow on the weak side.

Strong side cummerbund is completely slick with the exception of a 7.62 BFG Ten Speed mag pouch that lays flat unless I have my smartphone in it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:29:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#27]
Originally Posted By INshooter:

I find that with my bleeder kit in this position, that my rifle sling gets caught very easily especially when transferring to and from pistol. Any suggestion?
View Quote

I only sling around my neck for typical use, and swim into it only when I need to lock it down. It only takes .5 seconds to throw an arm in, and by only slinging around the neck, I find I have much more flexibility to manipulate the rifle, switch from strong to weak side shooting, etc.

ETA: There are definite drawbacks to this as well that should be considered depending on the type of shooting or work you do. Obviously, one risk is that your rifle will be less secure than with the sling in a "seatbelt" position across your back. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
I place my radio on weak side cummerbund directly next to the front weak side magazine. My IFAK/Bleeder (two columns of MOLLE) goes as far back as the cummerbund will allow on the weak side.

Strong side cummerbund is completely slick with the exception of a 7.62 BFG Ten Speed mag pouch that lays flat unless I have my smartphone in it.
View Quote

I did just move my bleeder pouch to the mirror position on the strong side in anticipation of placing my radio on my weak side. I ordered that Beez off of your pics and recommendation.

It's just my personal preference, but I like to keep my med up front in the "triangle" where I can reach it with either hand if need be.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Some old some new, sold this plate carrier today, bounced the shoulder pads and placard over to an FCPC so I'll post an update again when I get a chance.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:
Some old some new, sold this plate carrier today, bounced the shoulder pads and placard over to an FCPC so I'll post an update again when I get a chance.

https://i.imgur.com/cbluNz4l.jpg
View Quote

Need more info on the rare carpet camo
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#31]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#32]

What belt is that?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:08:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

What belt is that?
View Quote

Firstspear Assaulters Gun Belt (AGB), Size L, inside a Wilder Tactical Minimalist Belt Pad, Size L. It is a fantastic setup and stays in place.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Firstspear Assaulters Gun Belt (AGB), Size L, inside a Wilder Tactical Minimalist Belt Pad, Size L. It is a fantastic setup and stays in place.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

What belt is that?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#35]
What’s with the upside down mag on your belt?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:20:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By tatsngats:
What's with the upside down mag on your belt?
View Quote
Not my setup, but I know a lot of guys run their quick reload mag that way.  It probably works for him, doesn't snag on stuff, etc.  Some guys run their quick reload mag parallel with the belt, always more then one way to skin a cat.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:56:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#37]
Originally Posted By tatsngats:
What’s with the upside down mag on your belt?
View Quote

From the ITW Nexus Advanced website description of the FastMag: "...can be mounted in the up or down direction (operator’s preference)."

In this configuration, the magazine doesn't dig into my obliques or annoyingly scrape against my bicep during normal motions. It's like it's not even there! Even when squatting down, it just naturally follows the contours of my hip and stays out of the way like it should. It also requires less motions to acquire the magazine and insert into my rifle's magwell. Pull straight down and then up into the gun. No rotating the hand to correctly orient the mag. Others have mentioned concern over the magazine falling out, but with the tension band, it's not going to dislodge on its own. Trust me: I've tried jumping up and down to try and get it to wiggle free and it's not coming out without a firm pull of the hand. GTG!
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

This rug was made for multicam.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#39]

From the ITW Nexus Advanced website description of the FastMag: "...can be mounted in the up or down direction (operator’s preference)."

In this configuration, the magazine doesn't dig into my obliques or annoyingly scrape against my bicep during normal motions. It's like it's not even there! Even when squatting down, it just naturally follows the contours of my hip and stays out of the way like it should. It also requires less motions to acquire the magazine and insert into my rifle's magwell. Pull straight down and then up into the gun. No rotating the hand to correctly orient the mag. Others have mentioned concern over the magazine falling out, but with the tension band, it's not going to dislodge on its own. Trust me: I've tried jumping up and down to try and get it to wiggle free and it's not coming out without a firm pull of the hand. GTG!
View Quote

Copy. I’ve never had any of those issues so just wondering. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Agreed. In for rug specs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Something for the AK guys... Grey Ghost Gear minimalist PC and 3x M4 shingle. Actually has enough room to work with 74 mags. Not enough for 47 mags though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#42]
You guys ever see this "TShirt" Before??  
Cmon Now. Who owns one of these??
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone have experience with Beez Combat Systems Aptum carrier? I am thinking of this for my next carrier and was hoping for some first hand opinions.

Link Posted: 3/8/2021 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By manywits:
Anyone have experience with Beez Combat Systems Aptum carrier? I am thinking of this for my next carrier and was hoping for some first hand opinions.

View Quote

Wife's PC is an aptum. She doesn't have a lot of time in it, but finds it comfortable despite her extra padding. Has held up well so far. Comparable to Ferro imo.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:16:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite grew up.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#47]

The best part is the spare pistol mags, while carrying what I assume is a SAO revolver.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#48]
In an effort to minimize snag hazards, I've currently got my comms cables secured to the Structural Cummerbund via shock cord and Velcro OneWrap. The challenge was keeping the bulky NATO 6-pin male + female connection secured and out of the way. I don't love this from an aesthetics standpoint, but in testing it out and brushing my support arm past it forwards and backwards, there are no sharp edges or anything to scrape up my arm. Open to an other ideas. As it is, I need to leave the support side cummerbund hooked into the front plate bag, so that makes it awkward to don/doff. Starting to wonder whether it's worth it to keep comms on here...

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#49]
As it is, I need to leave the support side cummerbund hooked into the front plate bag, so that makes it awkward to don/doff.
View Quote

Wait - how else do y'all do it? That's how I've always seen it done and how I do it myself.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#50]
In an effort to minimize snag hazards, I've currently got my comms cables secured to the Structural Cummerbund via shock cord and Velcro OneWrap. The challenge was keeping the bulky NATO 6-pin male + female connection secured and out of the way. I don't love this from an aesthetics standpoint, but in testing it out and brushing my support arm past it forwards and backwards, there are no sharp edges or anything to scrape up my arm. Open to an other ideas. As it is, I need to leave the support side cummerbund hooked into the front plate bag, so that makes it awkward to don/doff. Starting to wonder whether it's worth it to keep comms on here...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51020050407_95b2cfecd7_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51019951736_5de7e08d6f_b.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Dunno if the arrows make sense: to reduce snagging I'd route the cabling inside the plate bag, bundle the excess with onewrap. Push 2-4 inch tails out of the plate bag side and bottom, so you can QD them and take the vest off normally.
Might work just as well if you route the excess through the cummerbund I guess.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top