Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:05:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#1]
I want to thank everyone in this particular forum who's helped edjemucate me on the intricacies of body armor, it's made it possible for me to set up rigs for myself, my son and put back a spare rig for friends/family/backup.

I'm an old fart who has to be careful about how much weight I'm carrying, not as spry as I used to be in my misspent youth.
Part of my daily exercise is long walks w/a 20lb exercise vest & 2x3lb hand weights.

For me, my personal rig is now a Condor Sentry LCS w/Botach III+ plates (yeah, I know, go be rich somewhere else...), IFAK & two Lancers w/75gr OTM.
Handgun w/reloads is on belt, QD mount on PC is only when inside a vehicle to allow quick handgun access. After egressing handgun & holster go back on the belt.
Total weight as shown w/the Lancers is 14lbs 12oz. If I substitute Botach IV plates total weight goes to 17lbs 2oz.

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If it works for you then it is good.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a lot to take in I'm digging the banshee and crye jpc for me and my son's new 210's I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm going to look in this thread tomorrow for ideas.

I do see shellback has some cheaper options available like a patriot and I forgot the other one but looks like it's in stock. Should I hold off for something top notch or are the other shellback options gtg. I like the banshee and the Patriot is kind of no frills and the other one I seen is pretty affordable and has pouches on the cumberbond. I only want a few mags (possibly on the side but easy to access)and a med kit for these two setups.

I plan on getting into gear more but I'm lost right now and the market is pretty hectic so I may not get exactly what I want just want something solid.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tomac:
I want to thank everyone in this particular forum who's helped edjemucate me on the intricacies of body armor, it's made it possible for me to set up rigs for myself, my son and put back a spare rig for friends/family/backup.

I'm an old fart who has to be careful about how much weight I'm carrying, not as spry as I used to be in my misspent youth.
Part of my daily exercise is long walks w/a 20lb exercise vest & 2x3lb hand weights.

For me, my personal rig is now a Condor Sentry LCS w/Botach III+ plates (yeah, I know, go be rich somewhere else...), IFAK & two Lancers w/75gr OTM.
Handgun w/reloads is on belt, QD mount on PC is only when inside a vehicle to allow quick handgun access. After egressing handgun & holster go back on the belt.
Total weight as shown w/the Lancers is 14lbs 12oz. If I substitute Botach IV plates total weight goes to 17lbs 2oz.

Tomac

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1593/P9250001_JPG-1607617.JPG
View Quote

Does that weight include 3L of water?
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jkitchen:
This is a lot to take in I'm digging the banshee and crye jpc for me and my son's new 210's I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm going to look in this thread tomorrow for ideas.

I do see shellback has some cheaper options available like a patriot and I forgot the other one but looks like it's in stock. Should I hold off for something top notch or are the other shellback options gtg. I like the banshee and the Patriot is kind of no frills and the other one I seen is pretty affordable and has pouches on the cumberbond. I only want a few mags (possibly on the side but easy to access)and a med kit for these two setups.

I plan on getting into gear more but I'm lost right now and the market is pretty hectic so I may not get exactly what I want just want something solid.
View Quote

You definitely can’t go wrong with the JPC for the L210s. If you’re looking for suggestions and want to save some cash, take a look at the LBX 0300 too. I got one in kind of a funky color on eBay brand new for a steal. You can get more normal colors off LBX’s website. They are basically a non-berry sister company of LBT. (Made in Peru with US made materials.)  My carrier is below in Caiman

https://www.flickr.com/gp/189661952@N03/gGpWR4
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Tomac

No-o-o... What makes you say that? Plates are 9lbs 2oz, PC w/pouches, QD holster mount & IFAK is 3lbs 6oz, 2xLancers w/60rds 75gr OTM are 2lbs 4oz for a total of 14lbs 12oz.
3L of water would add another 6.6lbs to that total.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:56:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#8]

No-o-o... What makes you say that? Plates are 9lbs 2oz, PC w/pouches, QD holster mount & IFAK is 3lbs 6oz, 2xLancers w/60rds 75gr OTM are 2lbs 4oz for a total of 14lbs 12oz.
3L of water would add another 6.6lbs to that total.

Tomac
View Quote

Water is really important. I don't say that to insult you.

You might need the plates, you'll definitely need the water.

Edit: it's really funny when you have electronic ear pro and you can hear the water move around
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 2:30:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Grindel3710:

You definitely can’t go wrong with the JPC for the L210s. If you’re looking for suggestions and want to save some cash, take a look at the LBX 0300 too. I got one in kind of a funky color on eBay brand new for a steal. You can get more normal colors off LBX’s website. They are basically a non-berry sister company of LBT. (Made in Peru with US made materials.)  My carrier is below in Caiman

https://www.flickr.com/gp/189661952@N03/gGpWR4
View Quote

I ordered a couple artamus PC's not what I initially thought about getting but we'll give these a try. I eventually will set up a really nice rig down the road and migrate this to a truck carrier so I'm hooked it's a good starter set up. My son doesn't really care about this stuff as long as it works and he has something decent.

My ar500 plates and carriers might get used for range time until unless I upgrade then I might have to test it. I'm really only in this for fun anyway so why not.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 3:31:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Water is really important. I don't say that to insult you.

You might need the plates, you'll definitely need the water.

Edit: it's really funny when you have electronic ear pro and you can hear the water move around
View Quote

Agreed about the importance of water. I have a hydration pouch w/Camelbak I can attach if desired or I can carry a couple of bottles in a pouch on the pistol belt.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:47:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#11]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

So, I don't follow.

What's the use-case of 6 lbs of water? I mean I get that you need water to survive, but why does it have to be on your PC?

My PC setups are set up to the be ultralight, slim, no-extra-stuff so I can get my work done and have a cold glass of water. I've never seen the logic of attaching water to them CONUS.

View Quote

Is it feasible to layer a stand alone backpack with bladder/camelback with your PC straps and still effectively/comfortably shoulder a rifle? It seems that's the only reason to require water on the PC so you don't have too many straps.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#13]

So, I don't follow.

What's the use-case of 6 lbs of water? I mean I get that you need water to survive, but why does it have to be on your PC?

My PC setups are set up to the be ultralight, slim, no-extra-stuff so I can get my work done and have a cold glass of water. I've never seen the logic of attaching water to them CONUS.

Pic thread:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/221816/IMG_20180508_144122_094-1609355.jpg

View Quote

Guess it depends on your use. I'm usually just outside shooting or competing and it's really nice to have your water right there instead of having to carry it around all day.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dafro:

Is it feasible to layer a stand alone backpack with bladder/camelback with your PC straps and still effectively/comfortably shoulder a rifle? It seems that's the only reason to require water on the PC so you don't have too many straps.
View Quote

It can be done. You get used to a hundred straps
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Guess it depends on your use. I'm usually just outside shooting or competing and it's really nice to have your water right there instead of having to carry it around all day.
View Quote

And if you are on the move, you will need a lot...so it's not an either or situation.  You should have it wherever you can bear the weight.  Or pay the cost.  99.99% of the time, it will be more important than the ammo on the carrier.

I've been doing some 15 mile hikes in the woods with friends this summer.  Pretty hilly, but we are dressed for the hike, not combat.  Light shorts, wicking shirts, and carrying almost nothing but water and energy snacks...and in the heat of the summer, we carry a LOT of water.  My setup is right around a gallon...and it is usually gone by the end of the 5 hour hike.  And I pre-hydrate before I go out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

And if you are on the move, you will need a lot...so it's not an either or situation.  You should have it wherever you can bear the weight.  Or pay the cost.  99.99% of the time, it will be more important than the ammo on the carrier.

I've been doing some 15 mile hikes in the woods with friends this summer.  Pretty hilly, but we are dressed for the hike, not combat.  Light shorts, wicking shirts, and carrying almost nothing but water and energy snacks...and in the heat of the summer, we carry a LOT of water.  My setup is right around a gallon...and it is usually gone by the end of the 5 hour hike.  And I pre-hydrate before I go out.
View All Quotes

I did a rucking event this summer and went through like 7L it was insane.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 12:38:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#18]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Yea of course, if you're hiking, rucking, etc.

Most people don't do that in their PC, though. That's why I asked about use-cases. Yes, for recreational stuff - bring water.

Even if there was a need for a long range patrol setup in the US, I'd rather have a slick-back PC with my water in my ruck.

Sorry I think I came off rude. I didn't intend it to be that way.
View Quote

Not at all.  Cheers.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Most people don't do that in their PC, though. That's why I asked about use-cases. Yes, for recreational stuff - bring water.

Even if there was a need for a long range patrol setup in the US, I'd rather have a slick-back PC with my water in my ruck.

View All Quotes

A reliance on being able to access *needs* at a later time in a different place is setting yourself up for failure.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:00:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#21]
So for the most part, this has been my PC setup (plus my carry gun) I've kept in the truck along with a light jacket that I can hide the gear under. Hoplite laser cut carrier and medium lvl4 sapi plates. The small sling bag carries a TQ on the strap, and blowout kit inside, as well as a multi tool and 3 spare mags for my PCC.

Attachment Attached File

For out of town trips I swap the PCC for the 300blk pistol with three spare 20rd mags in the sling bag.

Attachment Attached File

I haven't had a "fighting" setup for maybe 8yrs, so I dug through the bins of stuff I've collected over the years and put this together. It's a lot of black. I think it's time to build an actual kit in tan or gray. And I want side plates.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 4:53:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#22]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 5:07:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCUrk] [#23]
So my carrier came in... It is and will remain a work in progress.
HRT RAC
Maximus front placard.
2 band molle cummerbund
2 HSGI touriquet holders
2 Multi use Warrior poet hangers (Inside cummerbund) for radio and future use.

Gerber Raptor shears.
Multi tool
4 sets of gloves
2 14g Catheters
2 chest seals
2 rolls cobain tape
2 Multi trauma dressings
Sharpie
SMART TRIAGE tags
Power bar

Lvl iii soft plates (Work supplied)

I am no door kicker. Work mandated we have vests so I took the opportunity to invest. Only caveat was it had to be black.
(Sorry for potato phone quality...)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#24]

See, I think broad statements like this will really confuse people who are new to the thread and new to PCs and their uses.

That was the point I was getting at. SWAT cops don't need water on their back. Neither does someone who is using a PC for home defense.

PCs are super configurable and can be changed in minutes, so the idea that everyone needs to have it a certain way is incorrect. Of course, this is all just my experience and YMMV.

It would be very unusual for any civilian use-case to be without resupply. The obvious exceptions are bugging out, riots, rucking, hiking etc.

Though I think you're alluding to that with the "different place" thing, which I get - and agree with.

I would caveat it with this. If the expectation is that you cannot resupply, a bag of water isn't going to get you by, which is why I'd advocate a separate kit in a ruck. A 3-day assault pack (or whatever it's called) loadout is only about 25lbs and gives you a lot more options for sustainment.

Pic thread:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/221816/Photo_-_Google_Photos-1262272.png
View All Quotes

A reliance on being able to access *needs* at a later time in a different place is setting yourself up for failure.

See, I think broad statements like this will really confuse people who are new to the thread and new to PCs and their uses.

That was the point I was getting at. SWAT cops don't need water on their back. Neither does someone who is using a PC for home defense.

PCs are super configurable and can be changed in minutes, so the idea that everyone needs to have it a certain way is incorrect. Of course, this is all just my experience and YMMV.

It would be very unusual for any civilian use-case to be without resupply. The obvious exceptions are bugging out, riots, rucking, hiking etc.

Though I think you're alluding to that with the "different place" thing, which I get - and agree with.

I would caveat it with this. If the expectation is that you cannot resupply, a bag of water isn't going to get you by, which is why I'd advocate a separate kit in a ruck. A 3-day assault pack (or whatever it's called) loadout is only about 25lbs and gives you a lot more options for sustainment.

Pic thread:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/221816/Photo_-_Google_Photos-1262272.png

In the past few months I have several times spent all night guarding and on patrol in my town with the only access to needs being on me, unless I wanted to interrupt the mission.

In my 64years of life experience, including military, thousands of miles backpacking and hunting multiple days at a time, sea kayaking for weeks at a time paddling from uninhabited island to island, multiple days  at a time ski touring, ski mountaineering, mountaineering, mountain search and rescue, river running, etc, I learned some valuable lessons.

Home defense in your PC? Ever been awakened in the middle of the night by a strange noise in your house?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#26]

In the past few months I have several times spent all night guarding and on patrol in my town with the only access to needs being on me, unless I wanted to interrupt the mission.

In my 64years of life experience, including military, thousands of miles backpacking and hunting multiple days at a time, sea kayaking for weeks at a time paddling from uninhabited island to island, multiple days  at a time ski touring, ski mountaineering, mountaineering, mountain search and rescue, river running, etc, I learned some valuable lessons.

Home defense in your PC? Ever been awakened in the middle of the night by a strange noise in your house?
View Quote

No joking, no ribbing just curious.... you're in Montana. Pretty awesome safe state with excellent government and fine citizens.

Why were you guarding your town?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Martlet:

Depending on my lifting schedule I move a little, bit right now, bare chested measured at the nipple, I'm 6'0 45" chest.
View Quote

Almost the same size as me.  I'm an inch smaller in the chest.  I have Hesco Large swimmers multi curve (front) and Hesco Medium multi curve in back, all in a Daeodon ASS.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Got my Arid setup done for now. I'm going to switch over to a tubes setup for the cummy though

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#29]

No joking, no ribbing just curious.... you're in Montana. Pretty awesome safe state with excellent government and fine citizens.

View All Quotes

There was a big BLM rally and some radical types showed up. So did we, as a visible and armed force. The bad guys stuck around for about a month and we met them every time when they went on the prowl, even in the wee hours. They left town when they finally came to realize the futility of their efforts.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Nutro:
Got my Arid setup done for now. I'm going to switch over to a tubes setup for the cummy though

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/Arid_jpg-1610040.JPG
View Quote

If you swap those shoulder pads you won't have the velcro seam rubbing against your neck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Very awesome Cola bro helped me find a Cobra buckle setup for my Daeodon.

I love it. HUGE difference in the ease of taking it on and off.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20200901_133649-1572746.jpg
View Quote

Whats on the back?  Think I see a zipper.  How's it attached?

BTW My set up is almost the same.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Source WLPS 3L bladder in an Esstac hydration carrier attached with WTF straps.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20200901_151726-1572847.jpg

View Quote

Never mind, just answered.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#33]
How does everyone handle water? Do you use a camelback like bag over your PC or something attached to the PC?

I've picked up the Ferro water/banger back panel and spiritus assault panel for my two PC's, they just kinda seem like a waste of money for just a normal dude who has it for training and SHTF.
View Quote

I've got a Camelback Mil issue rigged to mine.

Gonna go with something like below soon.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:43:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#34]

There was a big BLM rally and some radical types showed up. So did we, as a visible and armed force. The bad guys stuck around for about a month and we met them every time when they went on the prowl, even in the wee hours. They left town when they finally came to realize the futility of their efforts.
View All Quotes

Fair enough.

I'm shocked this movement exists in a country where we have the freedoms we have.

Instead of focusing effort on failed politicians and policies, the narrative has shifted to made up things like "institutional racism" which not only only absolve politicians of their failure, but also turns the issue into a magic boogie man that can't be fixed.

The government and politicians are responsible for law and policy. If those laws and policies are not just, you can elect others to fix that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

View All Quotes
Very awesome Cola bro helped me find a Cobra buckle setup for my Daeodon.

I love it. HUGE difference in the ease of taking it on and off.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20200901_133649-1572746.jpg

Esstac hydration pouch. I use a Source bladder. Source is great. You can fill with bottles with an adapter without taking it off. Also it doesn't "tear drop " and remains relatively flat.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#36]

This is the way
View Quote

Makes three at least.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Looking for some advice from those more knowledgeable on carrier setups.  I am using a Ferro Slickster and only want to add a mag shingle and possibly a molle front flap to cover the elastic cumberbund. Looking for info on the FC turnover triple shingle, the FC KTS Kwik triple, or the Esstac Daedon. Any info on how they attach, functional differences, and pros and cons would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Springer1911Fan:
Looking for some advice from those more knowledgeable on carrier setups.  I am using a Ferro Slickster and only want to add a mag shingle and possibly a molle front flap to cover the elastic cumberbund. Looking for info on the FC turnover triple shingle, the FC KTS Kwik triple, or the Esstac Daedon. Any info on how they attach, functional differences, and pros and cons would be much appreciated.
View Quote

The spiritus low pro placard is what I've been using. Attached by swiftclips. The Ferro options use velcro in the case of the turnovers.  G hooks for their shingles. G hooks come loose when not under load, just fyi. Esstac is a good option.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#39]

What bag is the duffel and where did you get it?

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Tomac

View Quote

I really like your thinking on the part above - thanks for sharing because now I am thinking how do I alter my setup to make this work?  I have to finish some other prep work first, but this is high on my list now as it addresses a very real scenario in all of our potential futures.

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Thor:
So for the most part, this has been my PC setup (plus my carry gun) I've kept in the truck along with a light jacket that I can hide the gear under. Hoplite laser cut carrier and medium lvl4 sapi plates. The small sling bag carries a TQ on the strap, and blowout kit inside, as well as a multi tool and 3 spare mags for my PCC.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/KIMG1081_JPG-1609630.JPG

For out of town trips I swap the PCC for the 300blk pistol with three spare 20rd mags in the sling bag.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/KIMG1079_JPG-1609631.JPG

I haven't had a "fighting" setup for maybe 8yrs, so I dug through the bins of stuff I've collected over the years and put this together. It's a lot of black. I think it's time to build an actual kit in tan or gray. And I want side plates.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/KIMG1085_JPG-1609638.JPG
View Quote

I like your style. So much awesomeness there. I need that Flux brace for my P320
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By KingOfTheBumps:

What bag is the duffel and where did you get it?

View Quote

Custom made from headon tactical
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Springer1911Fan:
View Quote

Stoner01 covered most of it.  The Esstac shingle attaches with ITW Nexus clips and has Velcro on the back.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

The spiritus low pro placard is what I've been using. Attached by swiftclips. The Ferro options use velcro in the case of the turnovers.  G hooks for their shingles. G hooks come loose when not under load, just fyi. Esstac is a good option.
View Quote

Stoner01 covered most of it.  The Esstac shingle attaches with ITW Nexus clips and has Velcro on the back.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the insight, think I’m gonna give the Esstac a try.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 2:36:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dafro] [#45]
Originally Posted By DRJH1999:

I like your style. So much awesomeness there. I need that Flux brace for my P320
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DRJH1999:
Originally Posted By Thor:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/KIMG1081_JPG-1609630.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/KIMG1079_JPG-1609631.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66797/KIMG1085_JPG-1609638.JPG

Just came across the flux... want so bad.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 4:47:59 AM EDT
[#46]

Just came across the flux... want so bad.
View Quote

I have one on a glock 17 and it's my favorite travel gun by far. There's a big thread on those and for the sig stuff, too. I don't own any glocks besides this one but the brace is literally that good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I ordered a esstac triple ar mag front flap. Wheres the best place to get female buckles?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
I ordered a esstac triple ar mag front flap. Wheres the best place to get female buckles?
View Quote

It's kinda hard to tell who has what in stock, but if you search for itw qasm buckles, you should find some. I don't my shop has any in stock.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
View Quote

Milspec Monkey has a decent selection of hardware.

Link
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By KingOfTheBumps:

I really like your thinking on the part above - thanks for sharing because now I am thinking how do I alter my setup to make this work?  I have to finish some other prep work first, but this is high on my list now as it addresses a very real scenario in all of our potential futures.

View Quote

I have similar thinking (and I know I've got a lot of stuff on my plate carrier).  I have a QD belt holster (that would go on my regular belt - I don't have a battle belt) if a situation allows time to prepare for whatever reason I'm putting on gear.  Otherwise, it stays on the carrier so I only have to grab two things (plate carrier and rifle).  A true bugout situation would also have my backpack come into play (supplies beyond just feeding a weapon or taking care of wounds).
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top