Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 5:38:18 PM EDT
I notice a lot of duty belts and riggers belts are lined with velcro on the inside, why is this?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
So they can attach to an inner (pants) belt.

ETA: In the case of police "duty" belts, they velcro to an inner pants belt, with the pile side of the velcro, so that your "duty" belt stays put. Some of us also use belt keepers to further secure the duty belt to the pants belt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ETA: In the case of police "duty" belts, they velcro to an inner pants belt, with the pile side of the velcro, so that your "duty" belt stays put. Some of us also use belt keepers to further secure the duty belt to the pants belt.

belt keepers are where its at!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree! If you have a small waist and a bunch of shit on your belt, there ain't enough velcro left!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Various pouches and holsters have velcro on them to attach to your belt to keep things from sliding around also.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree! If you have a small waist and a bunch of shit on your belt, there ain't enough velcro left!

Funny, I never ran out of room on my rig......
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Original text deleted, because it was a de facto ad, and because the poster works for the mfr/vendor. raf

From CoC:

"Specific To Sales
1.) Companies or individuals cannot advertise or sell products and or services in the forums (including siglines and titles) without prior approval from the site owners. (Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis.)

2.) Companies or individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. (This includes links to auctions.)

3.) Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously."
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
to keep things from sliding around

This.  With Velcro lined duty belts, you still need to use keepers or the back of the duty belt will slide up and over the inner belt when you sit down in a chair or vehicle.  The weight of a holstered pistol can also cause the duty belt to sag away from the inner belt during normal activity such as walking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Check to all this.

I did a little more poking around and get the idea behind stuff not sliding around while attached.

But the other purpose someone mentioned, attaching to a "inner belt."

Am I right to say that this inner belt has your typical hold up my pants functionality plus it keeps the belt in position. BUT keepers do a better job at that?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
You've got one belt that goes through the belt loops on your pants to hold the pants up, just like normal.  That belt has the loop.  Your duty belt will then attach to that and buckle with either a big plastic side release clip or a regular buckle.  This way, the duty belt doesn't move all over the place, because it's held in place by the velcro.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
to keep things from sliding around

This.  With Velcro lined duty belts, you still need to use keepers or the back of the duty belt will slide up and over the inner belt when you sit down in a chair or vehicle.  The weight of a holstered pistol can also cause the duty belt to sag away from the inner belt during normal activity such as walking.

Putting a piece of sticky velcro on the inside of the paddle of the holster takes care of this problem.  Inner and outer belt systems have run the paces of the years.  I wore one for 13 years and only needed to buy an inner belt once as a replacement.  The trick, in my case, was putting the stuff on my belt the way I liked it and never moved it other than to clean it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:53:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Never use the velcro alone and expect it to stay. Belt keepers are like having a party.  The more the merrier.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Never use the velcro alone and expect it to stay. Belt keepers are like having a party.  The more the merrier.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I ditched the velcro trouser belt altogether, I noticed how much it wore on other items like the loops on my pants, loops attaching pouches to the duty belt, and how fuzzy my truck seat got from riding home from work wearing that velcro belt.  Now I stick with a smooth leather trouser belt and belt keepers; no unneccessary wear.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Till you gotta take a dump.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could see that being a problem. Thanks guys for all y'alls answers.

Second question, i want this belt and was wondering if anyone had it and could comment.

Specifically, does the male buckle fit through most belt loops so I dont have re-do that end everytime i change pants?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Good choice
http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesYeager#p/u/19/Evt8Lg-ukqE

You have to take the "male" side off when you thread the belt.  Once its on you can keep it adjusted and just unbuckle like normal.  It only takes a few more seconds to put on.
The VTAC belt is nice also.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't even need to remove the duty belt for that. All you have to do is unbuckle the duty belt, then the pants belt. The keepers hold them together. You gotta use your knees to keep your pants from hitting the floor, but you don't have to worry about removing that belt (with all of the attendant keepers) in a hurry when you're running Code Brown.

***EDIT***

Should have read the ENTIRE thread, including links. The belt that the OP wants would make the process even easier. With that, you wouldn't need to worry about the loose end of the belt. I think I might have to get myself one of those...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top