Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2010 9:44:46 AM EDT
FSN
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:45:21 AM EDT
Asolo - buy the ones with a Vibram Sole, they last for ever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:03:18 PM EDT
I had the Asolo Flame GTX , Do not use them on concrete or daily use on pavement etc . they wear out fast . Although no break in needed and I love them
just know they are soft soled . I wore mine out in a year . otherwise great boots .
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:16:09 PM EDT
I have these TPS. Great boot, but a bit heavy. I use keens through the summer, but the Asolo's are extremely durable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:11:03 PM EDT
I use these everyday Powermatic 400. Love em.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:04:00 AM EDT
I have had a pair of Asolo's for a few yrs now. I bought them for when I went to Alaska. Mine were made to hike around with some weight on your back. They are built like a tank and when you have a heavy backpack on, you don't think about them at all. They are pretty stiff if you are not packing anything around though. I have used them for hiking for the last 6 yrs and they barely look like they have been used at all. If you buy from a company like REI, you can wear them and if they are not for you, can return them any time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:53:37 PM EDT
I am on my second pare of Asolo's. They are great boots. You really need to ask yourself what kind of loads you are going to be carrying when wearing these boots. I had an older model that they no longer make that was very similar to the boots you are looking at. It was/is a great boot. I would call these light hikers. The light ones were great for daily use and carrying a small pack. But when the packs got larger the lack of support and stiffness really became a problem. After wearing them for about 5 years of hard use i decided it was time to upgrade and got thePower Matic 200 GV Now that is a heavy duty boot. Yes it does weigh a considerable amount more than the boot you are looking at but i feel that it is a much better boot if you are ever going to cary a pack for a few days to a week.

The best advice i can say is go to a reputable hiking store and try on a bunch of styles. Try them on and then put on a pack that will simulate the load you will be carrying with said boots. You will feel the difference immediatly.

Asolo is great either way.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:21:22 PM EDT
I have the Fugitive's. They rock. I have had them for at least a year. I wear them alot. No sign of wear yet on the soles.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:08:03 AM EDT
They run kind of small. Try your normal size in "wide".
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:15:35 PM EDT
I have a pair fugitives & a pair of FSN , wide sizes for me. pretty good boots ,a little pricey but worth it.

try ( sierra trading post ) for the best prices.

Pep.
Top Top