Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 9:53:00 PM EDT
I have an Eagle PC I want to set up and need help. I'm clueless on what to get.  All I have are M4 mag pouches.  What else should I get besides pistol pouches?  And should I get double or single pistol pouches?

Links to the items you guys are talking about would help.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
What will you be using it for, classes, work, shtf ? Will it be stand alone or do you run belt of some sort also?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I like to keep a couple tourniquets on my kit.  If it is a SHTF type set up you may want to try that and an ifak.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It'll be for SHTF mainly.  I don't plan on running a belt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Smoke.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
You need to get some plate backers, the pouches are a matter of personnel choice.

I personally use the TAG enhanced ammo pouches for my speed loads and pistol mags, the Highspeed Gear Universal for my sustainment ammo, the TAG elevator for my frags and smoke grenades, an issue IFAK with a couple of BFG tourniquet holders and a TAG radio pouch,
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I would say for shtf 2 double M4 poucheshere, triple pistol mag pouchhere, ifak, hydration/storagehere, knife, and maybe a utility pouch for easy access to misc. stuff.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an Eagle PC I want to set up and need help. I'm clueless on what to get. All I have are M4 mag pouches. What else should I get besides pistol pouches? And should I get double or single pistol pouches?

you have no clue as to what to carry?  Looks like you have placed the proverbial cart before the oxen here in your choices

derive the requirements before pressing further on pouch accessory choices
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an Eagle PC I want to set up and need help. I'm clueless on what to get. All I have are M4 mag pouches. What else should I get besides pistol pouches? And should I get double or single pistol pouches?

you have no clue as to what to carry?  Looks like you have placed the proverbial cart before the oxen here in your choices

derive the requirements before pressing further on pouch accessory choices

Let me clarify, I know what I need to have on me. What I want to know is which pouches should I use and I'm trying to get ideas on what everyone is using.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Well looking at the pic threads, it looks like people are going with about 4 AR mags and maybe 2-3 pistol mags due to weight. I want to add an IFAK and some type of hydration system.  As for my pistol, I think I'm going to go with a drop leg holster so that I'm not taking up real estate on the vest and adding more weight. My problem is that, there are many companies out there and some have better designs than others and are just as reliable.  I was thinking of keeping everything Eagle Ind products but as the other guys have posted, there's so much other good items out there.

On a side note, I purchased my PC from someone here.  It has a Triple M4 (double) mag pouch in the front and two single (double) M4 pouches on the cummerbund. That's a total of 10 mags I can now carry. Do I really want 10 AR mags? I still have to add the pistol and other pouches.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well looking at the pic threads, it looks like people are going with about 4 AR mags and maybe 2-3 pistol mags due to weight. I want to add an IFAK and some type of hydration system.  As for my pistol, I think I'm going to go with a drop leg holster so that I'm not taking up real estate on the vest and adding more weight. My problem is that, there are many companies out there and some have better designs than others and are just as reliable.  I was thinking of keeping everything Eagle Ind products but as the other guys have posted, there's so much other good items out there.

On a side note, I purchased my PC from someone here.  It has a Triple M4 mag pouch in the front and two single M4 pouches on the cummerbund. Do I really want 5 AR mags? I still have to add the pistols and other pouches.

This is what I am going with for hydration. http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=ST-12009 get your own bladder set up and you are G2G.
I am rolling 6 mags in a eagle triple double pouch, on the the CIRAS, and two on belt for the rifle. Way I look at is the pouches are there but if I want to roll only 3 on rig I can. I have 1 double pistol mag pouch on the CIRAS and 1 on the belt mag/surefire g2.
1 "Mini" IFAK, Israeli bandage, combat roll of duct tape, QC Combat Gauze, attached to the front of my carrier with tactical rubber bands I have a CAT tk.
My full size IFAK is located at the 5 o'clock position and its full of goodies (that I am trained to use).

Think about a strap cutter, leatherman, illumination, tape, compass, ect........

I'll definitely need your help setting up and IFAK kit.  Football season is starting too so it may be a great time to head your way.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Here.  There are other threads out there but I thought this had some good info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top