Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2010 9:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2010 1:46:09 PM EDT by 15x]
I ordered from them a couple of days ago. I know they manufacture each piece as it is ordered, so I expected a few days before it was was shipped. What I didn't expect was emails from them each step of the the way. The first email confirmed my order, explained how the order was handled, and gave me a rough time frame it would take to ship the order. The second email informed me that the order had been sent to production, and the third email stated that the order is at the cutting table. I am interested to see how this process goes from start to finish. So far, I have received great customer service and communication. I ordered a drop leg holster, admin pouch, and riggers belt. I will post pics of the gear when it arrives.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:12:58 AM EDT
I might have to make a video documenting the process of making a pouch..
From order to Shipment..

CXS
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:38:48 AM EDT
please do...sir
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 10:40:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2010 10:41:34 AM EDT by marksman121]
Originally Posted By Custom-X_Sponjah:
I might have to make a video documenting the process of making a pouch..
From order to Shipment..

CXS

That would be pretty neat. Like that show "How its Made".

eta- Arn't BDS are the guys who have a rep for taking months to ship something? Then using rags as shoulder padding?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2010 5:37:05 PM EDT by Nocturnal]
Just an FYI - BDS does not build to order on everything they make. Your order could already be in inventory and all they have to do is pick and pack - and the e-mails could just be a smoke screen. But, if you are a happy customer, that is all that matters.

Disclaimer: I have ordered from them in the past and liked what I received. I think the drop leg holster is well thought out and is easy to use with multiple weapons.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:10:44 PM EDT
The order I placed with them a few months back I received no notification like that. I got a confirmation e-mail saying they received my request and that it was in their system. I wasn't in too big of a hurry for the gear, so I didn't pay the extra money for rush manufacture, so it took almost a month. I e-mailed them 30 days after the order was received to find out what was up. My stuff had just been finished and was supposed ship in a day or two. I did get a tracking e-mail, but something like the OP got would have been nicer, especially for a much longer wait like I had. At least something saying "Hey, we're making your crap now." would have been nice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:44:32 PM EDT
BDS Tactical Gear

Hello Jody,

We are happy to inform you that order ***** has completed the 1st phase of production and is beginning the 2nd phase. During this phase the item(s) ordered will be sent to the webbing department where all webbing, hook and loop required to fulfill your order will be cut.

BDS Tactical takes pride in making all gear on demand and within the United States of America.

If you have further inquiries about your order, please email us anytime at sales@bdstacticalgear.com. Thank you for ordering from us and have a nice day.

Thank You,
BDS Tactical Gear
http://www.bdstacticalgear.com
e-mail: sales@bdstacticalgear.com
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:31:43 PM EDT
I ordered from them about a year ago and got something different than I ordered and pictured on the website.
I called (talked with the same pleasant lady each time)and they offered to fix it 2 weeks wait or a full refund(including the shipping both ways)I went with the refund as I didnt want to wait 2 weeks and ordered from HSGI.
but it looked to be well built and a quality product just not what I wanted,I would give them another chance
Top Top