Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 161
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Remington_Andrews:

Alright, so all of you are correct, just gotta piece it all together. The way it worked for me was I enlisted into the Indiana Guard right out of high school. Went 11B, did Basic, Infantry School, the whole nine yards. Came back to Indiana after training and spent some time as an enlisted soldier in the 76th. After a few months I enrolled in college and contracted in the ROTC program to become an officer after college. So I no longer drill with the 76th, hence the "old unit". Now I spend my time drilling with other cadets, learning specifics of being an officer. As for the ROTC ranks, all they do is symbolize your role in your ROTC battalion. so Team leaders get cadet SGT ranks, PLs get cadet lieutenant ranks, so on and so on. My actual pay grade is an E5 as a contracted cadet.
So for National Guard events, as a cadet I wear the cadet dot rank, and for ROTC events, as a squad leader in our battalion, I wear the Cadet SSG rank. Hope that helps clear up some things!
View Quote
Not in the ROTC SMP Simultaneous Membership Program?    Go to Guard drills and get E-5 pay.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
2017 version of the old GD Tactical Wheelbarrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
While taking the dog for a walk a few weeks ago I found a really nice jogging stroller in someone's trash pile. Went back for it and now I have a 3 gun cart
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By phurba:

While taking the dog for a walk a few weeks ago I found a really nice jogging stroller in someone's trash pile. Went back for it and now I have a 3 gun cart
View Quote
One man's trash is another man's treasure!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]

TBH II and PASGT
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats actually exactly what I do.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
NIceeeeee!
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
So this is my step into tactical gear. I'm not going to be wearing this stuff in a professional setting so I bought some cheap condor stuff off Amazon to see how I would like things without spending hundreds of dollars.

The pc is actually not bad  I originally had 3 ar mags and 3 pistol mags on it but found it was to bulky so I just went with 3 ar mags.  I might keep this one for a while before replacing. Inside I have Cati lvl 3 ar500 plates

As for the belt it's a possibility for sure but this is where I've spent most of my time configuring. I actually cut the belt to have a the inner belt come out in order to mount a holster to it without buying more stuff.

I'm probably going to get a hsgi slotted padded belt with tacos  

Rifle is a Savage msr 15 recon

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Night can get pretty dark.

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
How secure are those mags? Looks like they'd go flying if you did anything other than walk.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

How secure are those mags? Looks like they'd go flying if you did anything other than walk.
View Quote
Not OP but the spiritus rigs use inserts that are like BFG ten speeds with velcro. You can turn the entire rig upside down and shake it and they won't come out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:08:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Bear] [#14]
Just got in the Tactical Tailor Rogue PC. 1.18 lbs.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:18:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

View Quote
Very secure.

If King Kong held me upside down and shook me, they aren't coming out.

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DAVE_M:

Very secure.

If King Kong held me upside down and shook me, they aren't coming out.

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-1qyz4kj0hw/images/stencil/900x900/products/117/871/Rifle_Mag_Inserts_With_Mags__62890.1491008146.jpg?c=2
View Quote
Cool, thanks!

Thanks @Forlorn-Hope too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Half-Bear:
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/Half-Bear/2nd/IMG_0017_zpsucnuuiqt.jpg
View Quote
Check your math
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Check your math
View All Quotes
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/Half-Bear/2nd/IMG_0017_zpsucnuuiqt.jpg
Check your math
??
18.87 oz is 1.179 lbs rounded to 1.18
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#19]
??
View All Quotes
Check your math
??
I missread the numbers. Sorry man. That was me trying to be a smart ass
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Pic thread

New taco came in. I like mixing coyote with woodland
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Ferro Concepts slickster
Unity Tactical Clutch Belt
Galil ace in 5.56

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Wish it got darker sooner than 9:30 here already! I got things to shoot dang it.

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:
Ferro Concepts slickster
Unity Tactical Clutch Belt
Galil ace in 5.56

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv38/Saroxis/Full.jpg
View Quote
How is that clutch belt? It has my attention lately.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:17:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Forlorn-Hope] [#24]

Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

How is that clutch belt? It has my attention lately.
View Quote
Disclosure I am a dumb civilian who just shoots alot.

I bought The Unity Tactical Clutch belt as a concealment rig and it's been awesome in that role so far.  Once you velcro your flavor of kydex into the belt everything is rock solid even when running. The 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock cells have velcro on the bottom to open or close them to accept pistols with suppressors or longer items. The clutch belt will also hold and retain items that are not velcroed in just by the nature of its elasticity, It holds my phone, keys, gloves, and other items snug against my body no problem.

Wearing it overtly down on your hips like a traditional war belt is a viable option as well and I have no complaints using it in this capacity. The belt stays in place and is user configurable so it can be pretty versatile when you are not worried about concealing it. I have used it to carry water bottles, monoculars, cameras, radios, etc.

Only complaint so far is when wearing rifle plates sometimes when I move or bend the rear most AR mag will deflect off of my rear plate and cause the magazine to print really badly. This is probably my fault though as I wear the belt up high like a belly band as it conceals better than low on the hips.

I would also recommend playing around with the height you mount/velcro your kydex into the clutch belt cells as you can come at it from 2 different points of view.

Option 1 you can mount the kydex as deep in the belt as possible and get the best concealment out of it but may get some cloth overhang once the magazine or item is removed from the cell, the overhang makes it difficult to reseat magazines one handed.

Option 2 is mount the kydex flush with the top of the cloth cell and one handed insertion becomes easy and fast but it increases the overall profile of the belt and makes the magazines harder to conceal as they ride higher.

I ended up mounting the kydex as deep in the belt as possible and if I want to retain a half empty mag after tac reload I just stick the magazine in a pants pocket or between the belt and my body and it stays put.

Overall I think the clutch belt is a really neat piece of kit and is very versatile. I as a civilian cannot really speak to the clutch belts application in a LEO or MIL capacity but I can say it conceals well, holds all kinds of gear in place comfortably, and reloading from concealment is simple and quick. I cannot speak to its longevity or durability as I have only had it about a month but it seems to be built well and the seams and stitch work are excellent between cells.

If you have any questions let me know and I will try to address them as best I can.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Could you post pics of you wearing it? ( and just it )

maybe swap the load out around, with/without cover garment etc
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:

View Quote
I don't have any pics of me wearing it but I may be able to get some when I get home if I can find some help.

John Lovell has a short video using the belt, hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Random gear

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#29]
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv38/Saroxis/unity.jpg

Disclosure I am a dumb civilian who just shoots alot.

I bought The Unity Tactical Clutch belt as a concealment rig and it's been awesome in that role so far.  Once you velcro your flavor of kydex into the belt everything is rock solid even when running. The 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock cells have velcro on the bottom to open or close them to accept pistols with suppressors or longer items. The clutch belt will also hold and retain items that are not velcroed in just by the nature of its elasticity, It holds my phone, keys, gloves, and other items snug against my body no problem.

Wearing it overtly down on your hips like a traditional war belt is a viable option as well and I have no complaints using it in this capacity. The belt stays in place and is user configurable so it can be pretty versatile when you are not worried about concealing it. I have used it to carry water bottles, monoculars, cameras, radios, etc.

Only complaint so far is when wearing rifle plates sometimes when I move or bend the rear most AR mag will deflect off of my rear plate and cause the magazine to print really badly. This is probably my fault though as I wear the belt up high like a belly band as it conceals better than low on the hips.

I would also recommend playing around with the height you mount/velcro your kydex into the clutch belt cells as you can come at it from 2 different points of view.

Option 1 you can mount the kydex as deep in the belt as possible and get the best concealment out of it but may get some cloth overhang once the magazine or item is removed from the cell, the overhang makes it difficult to reseat magazines one handed.

Option 2 is mount the kydex flush with the top of the cloth cell and one handed insertion becomes easy and fast but it increases the overall profile of the belt and makes the magazines harder to conceal as they ride higher.

I ended up mounting the kydex as deep in the belt as possible and if I want to retain a half empty mag after tac reload I just stick the magazine in a pants pocket or between the belt and my body and it stays put.

Overall I think the clutch belt is a really neat piece of kit and is very versatile. I as a civilian cannot really speak to the clutch belts application in a LEO or MIL capacity but I can say it conceals well, holds all kinds of gear in place comfortably, and reloading from concealment is simple and quick. I cannot speak to its longevity or durability as I have only had it about a month but it seems to be built well and the seams and stitch work are excellent between cells.

If you have any questions let me know and I will try to address them as best I can.
View Quote
Well I am quasi LEO but civilian use is how I expect to use it most.  So your breakdown helps a lot.  Will look forward to your pics.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:08:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't have any pics of me wearing it but I may be able to get some when I get home if I can find some help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSunVjjB0rQ
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSunVjjB0rQ
Pretty cool rig for concealment, not gonna lie.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ACPjunkie] [#31]

Some structured shooting for a change, had to get the gucci photo for Instagram

PIG PC, eagle mag pouches.
BFG belt, pistol pouches and IFAK. HSGI tacos and mesh dump pouch, Safariland drop holster as high as I can get it. Borrowed the CPG high cut brain bucket to play with my new nods, not sure what I'll end up with as far as permanent solution on headgear goes. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#32]
As a regular guy with a great dad bod, this is still more battle rattle than I'll probably ever actually need

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#33]

http://i.imgur.com/DFEGHl1.jpg

Some structured shooting for a change, had to get the gucci photo for Instagram

PIG PC, eagle mag pouches.
BFG belt, pistol pouches and IFAK. HSGI tacos and mesh dump pouch, Safariland drop holster as high as I can get it. Borrowed the CPG high cut brain bucket to play with my new nods, not sure what I'll end up with as far as permanent solution on headgear goes. 
View Quote
Your friend looks like he's aiming at you knee. I know angles may just make it look like it. One of my favorite pics of me and my dog make it look like that too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Your friend looks like he's aiming at you knee. I know angles may just make it look like it. One of my favorite pics of me and my dog make it look like that too.
View Quote
its pointed behind me, 
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATXSniper] [#35]
Custom carrier made by Beez Combat Systems to hold my Level III-A Second Chance panels and Small Esapi Plates when needed. Added the Modified GenIV placard from OP Tactical.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#36]
HSGI Chest Platform with extended pistol tacos.
1 (2) by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Blue Force Gear rack-minus with BFG flapped double-M4 pouches. Scalable from 3x mags up to 6x mags. Fold the flap in, pull the scrunchy, and you've got an immediate access pouch.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Phildo:
https://i.imgur.com/tr5m61d.jpg
View Quote

Who makes that?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Who makes that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Phildo:
https://i.imgur.com/tr5m61d.jpg

Who makes that?
Looks like a Haley D3 variant.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep! It's a Haley Strategic D3CRX in woodland camo (limited edition for Independence Day might still be some available). I like it!
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#42]
LBX Tactical Titan Pack with a Dark Angel Medical D.A.R.K. Gen 3 Kit.

Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#44]

Gear list:
Inner belt- T. Rex Arms
Outer belt- HSGI Padded Slimgrip Slotted
Mag pouches- Esstac KYWI
Dump pouch- TT
IFAK- Coyote Tac Solutions Stomp
Holster- T. Rex Arms Ragnarok and leg strap on a safariland mid-ride UBL
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:24:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrJonesandMe] [#46]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Go Dark by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By dmjerrywest44:
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4302/35865758922_9ff3c1ec34_k.jpgGo Dark by J M, on Flickr
View Quote
Dat light saber yo
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Velocity Scarab with Mayflower Gev IV chest rig/panel, as well as Crye Precision Airframe
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
I'm in love with that camo.
Page / 161
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top