Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:28:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCR556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:
I Have a dump pouch. The idea being mag retention. No guarantee I will have a ready resupply of mags I wish to retain all of mine. Being of small waist this pouch takes up real estate. Not leaving any for an IFAK. So just running a TQ on the belt is the compromise at this point. Does anyone have an Idea if my reasoning is sound or not. Any input welcome.
View Quote

If you lack the girth then you can always stack to maximize the utility of your belt. If you have mag pouches with molle on the front, you could attach a dump pouch on the front. If you haven't already, you could use stacked mag pouches instead. This could free up enough room for both an IFAK and a dump pouch. You could look at Blue Force Gear's dump pouch for one that is really compact.

There should be a way for you to have your cake and eat it to.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By hessikin:
https://i.imgur.com/zlO1aSb.jpg

Blue Alpha Gear 1.75" Double Belt
Esstac Pouches
LBT Blowout
Blackpoint Holster w/ UBL & QLS (upgrading to ALS soon though)
Safariland Strap
View Quote

Are you using maclie clips or esstac belt loops for your mag pouches?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I Have a dump pouch. The idea being mag retention. No guarantee I will have a ready resupply of mags I wish to retain all of mine. Being of small waist this pouch takes up real estate. Not leaving any for an IFAK. So just running a TQ on the belt is the compromise at this point. Does anyone have an Idea if my reasoning is sound or not. Any input welcome.
View Quote

I was/am in a similar position with my stretched physical build (6'4", 190#, 32/33x34 britches). I elected to forgo the rifle mags on my belt all together in favor of the DP and IFAK. My thought process being that the belt is to accompany my PC, Chest rig, or get me to one of those things and the rifle associated with it. As an additional benefit, should the need arise, I can drop a few loaded Rifle mags into the dump pouch to get me by. Gotta remember the versatility of the "dump pouch", it's not JUST for dumping empties into.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bigjunk1:

Here is the video you asked for.
Keep in mind this wasn't very well planned out. I convinced my reluctant wife to go out in the snow to video me quickly. I took one practice shot and then had her film me, so this was my one and only attempt today. I hit the target and my time from pushing the paddle release on the holster to firing the round was .46 seconds. This is a fairly average time for me for cocking on the draw, so I'm not making excuses. I can certainly do it quicker and more precisely though.
I won't argue if you want to pay my membership fee but I don't expect it, the specifics of the video were never discussed!!!! I wanted to make the video anyway to possibly help others understand how it's done. Sometimes it's easier to do something once you see someone else do it.
Edit= I was 24' from the target during the video.

So here is the video for you guys who didn't think it was possible. This should pretty well put to rest that drawing and cocking a pistol in one motion is too slow and the added time will cost your life. When the weather is nicer I'll make a better video and go into detail explaining what I'm doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR62ny8u1iQ
View Quote

arm....only a flesh wound....somehow I am not surprised that you support the serpa group think....the outfit and gun handling says it all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not that big at 5'9" 170lbs with a 34" waist
And I can get
2 pistol mag
1 rifle mag
holster
1 CSM dump pouch
An IFAK

The IFAK is simple with a TQ, A Israeli Bandage and some H&H gauze and rubber gloves
It takes up minimal space.
I want a Carbine reload on my belt if I dump or do not have my PC.
No big ass knife
No jumbo IFAK with needles and other things I'm not going to use.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Laid out the belt..I'm going to try and use that little bit of real estate I have left for a basic IFAK. Going to look around for a compact one that can be quickly opened with either hand.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Laid out the belt..I'm going to try and use that little bit of real estate I have left for a basic IFAK. Going to look around for a compact one that can be quickly opened with either hand.
View Quote

BFG TK Now is about as slick as it gets on a belt.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/micro-trauma-kit
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:

BFG TK Now is about as slick as it gets on a belt.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/micro-trauma-kit
View Quote

What I have narrowed it down to.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

If he just has more cake, the belt real estate won't be a problem anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Originally Posted By SCR556:

There should be a way for you to have your cake and eat it to.

If he just has more cake, the belt real estate won't be a problem anymore.

Pasta gentleman Pasta...My Sicilian wife has been trying to add real estate for years with partial success.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 3:33:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doubleclaw] [#11]
This thread keeps delivering. Concerning the carry of a fixed blade, I don’t like to have it on my outer belt, so I flip the sheath and carry a Spyderco Street Bowie IWB on my inner belt and wear the outer belt with the gear over it.

My old setup was basically the same, but with HTC hard kydex pouches which I didn’t like due to the extra real estate they took up, as well as being heavy  and uncomfortable as hell to wear for extended periods. I wore a Colt Steel Drop Forged Push Dagger behind my pistol mags, anchored to the outer belt.

My current rig is an HTC inner/outer belt combo set up with BFG belt mounted Ten Speed pouches for lighter weight and increased comfort. I usually just carry two pistol mags, IFAK, dump pouch and leave the rifle mags in my pack these days, but I keep the rifle pouches on the belt for when I need them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:
This thread keeps delivering. Concerning the carry of a fixed blade, I don’t like to have it on my outer belt, so I flip the sheath and carry a Spyderco Street Bowie IWB on my inner belt and wear the outer belt with the gear over it.

https://i.imgur.com/7C8AiHk.jpg

My old setup was basically the same, but with HTC hard kydex pouches which I didn’t like due to the extra real estate they took up, as well as being heavy  and uncomfortable as hell to wear for extended periods. I wore a Colt Steel Drop Forged Push Dagger behind my pistol mags, anchored to the outer belt.

https://i.imgur.com/OPtslDs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rNyo8SX.jpg

My current rig is an HTC inner/outer belt combo set up with BFG belt mounted Ten Speed pouches for lighter weight and increased comfort. I usually just carry two pistol mags, IFAK, dump pouch and leave the rifle mags in my pack these days, but I keep the rifle pouches on the belt for when I need them.
View Quote

I like your taste, Sir
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

https://i.imgur.com/7C8AiHk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OPtslDs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rNyo8SX.jpg

View Quote

Its nice to see a well loved Beretta.  The 92 series is way under rated.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Right now still threading gear through my belt.  Need to upgrade to an inner/outer belt.  I’m looking hard at the AWS Light Assault Belt.  Until then:

-Elite Survival Systems belt
-All Kydex work is homemade, including the tension adjustable TQ carrier
-Tearaway IFAK is another homebrew creation. It involves more Kydex. Thread detailing construction:

Homemade tearaway IFAK pouch
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Update on my lightweight project - ordered the Tyr Tactical Gunfighter Belt Kit today. Ordered it with the Belt-E (without extraction loop). I picked this one because I love Tyr's gear, they're local and I want to support them. I know I could have gotten something for less money. Plus they give a pretty slick .mil discount.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/gunfighter-belts/limited-time-offer-gunfighter-belt-kit/

Originally Posted By treasurediver:
Right now still threading gear through my belt.  Need to upgrade to an inner/outer belt.  I’m looking hard at the AWS Light Assault Belt.  Until then:

View Quote

Respect on the DIY kit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:

Update on my lightweight project - ordered the Tyr Tactical Gunfighter Belt Kit today. Ordered it with the Belt-E (without extraction loop). I picked this one because I love Tyr's gear, they're local and I want to support them. I know I could have gotten something for less money. Plus they give a pretty slick .mil discount.

http://www.tyrtactical.com/images/sized/_ui/images/products/gfbkitmain-200x200.png

http://www.tyrtactical.com/images/uploads/gfb112_body_thumb.png

http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/details/gunfighter-belts/limited-time-offer-gunfighter-belt-kit/

Respect on the DIY kit.
View Quote

Thats what I use. Great belt. Not very stiff but very well made.

Terrible customer service. Wait time kept getting pushed back and back. They very seldom responded to my emails and they were slow to respond when they did.

I would never order from them again unless i was positive it was instock.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
@03RN

Damn, sorry to read that. I've never had that issue, but then again I can just drop in their headquarters since they are local.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JR12Valve] [#19]
Last revision for now. Added another pistol mag carrier, and a Soileater BMTH

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GSDAK47:

Are you using maclie clips or esstac belt loops for your mag pouches?
View Quote

The ESSTAC Hard Loops. They work great. Make sure you take the kydex insert out of the pouch before attaching the hard loops otherwise it's a massive pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Recent updates:
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Recent update.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 1:05:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fp45liberator] [#24]
NCPatrolAR - how did you mount those molle pouches on your Eagle Duty belt?  

Thanks

Attachment Attached File

Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
My primary teaching and toilet paper ambushing belt.

Eagle duty belt

3 eagle FB pouches for M9 mags

Eagle m4 pouch with esstac insert (mounted on old HSGI half RAMP)

DBT demo pouch (with soft armor insert)

TR Holsters custom holster from railed Beretta on QLS Mount

Attachment Attached File

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/53285/3D3A7BD4-1021-4FE7-9DE4-D093A15D1848_jpe-1345732.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Posted this in another thread but figured I'd post it in the big picture thread as well.

Top rig is a pretty traditional 1st line.  

Bottom rig is more of a hot weather 1st/2nd line combo.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sparky-kb:
Posted this in another thread but figured I'd post it in the big picture thread as well.

https://i.imgur.com/XcBSP7f.jpg
View Quote

Details on your second set up? I way dig it, except the lack of carrying a handgun. Unless I missed that bit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:37:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#27]
Originally Posted By wentz912:

Details on your second set up? I way dig it, except the lack of carrying a handgun. Unless I missed that bit.
View Quote

No handgun.  At least not a dedicated way to carry one.  A pistol could be stuffed into one of the mag pouches if necessary and secured with the flap.  In the future I may switch to two double mag pouches per side with a dedicated IFAK behind them on the left and holster behind them on the right.  

I put it together as a rifleman's hot weather "patrol" rig.  It's basically a modernized spin on the old ALICE LBE.  Doesn't really meet the 1st line criteria most in this thread use but it's still a belt rig

The idea was for it to be a way to carry the rifleman's essentials without a lot of stuff on a vest.  Could be used alone or with a slick plate carrier.  Mainly just did it for fun since I don't do any patrolling anymore .

Wore it around in the woods today to test it out and I'm pretty impressed.  Not nearly as heavy feeling as you might think.  Way more comfortable than the LC-2 stuff I had in OSUT.

The list of components is as follows:

Belt- BAE Eclipse padded assault belt
H Harness- Mayflower/Velocity Systems
Mag Pouches- BAE Eclipse 6 mag (x2)
Canteen carriers- Eagle Industries Canteen/GP (x2)
Buttpack- Mayflower/Velocity Systems

All of the stuff is Ranger Green.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Here is my first go at a war belt. I want to get a better belt, looking for a multicam 1.75 fairly stiff belt with a cobra buckle. Dont care about a inner/outter but I am not against it either. anything out there for less than $100?
Pic thread.

Link Posted: 4/24/2020 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
Here is my first go at a war belt. I want to get a better belt, looking for a multicam 1.75 fairly stiff belt with a cobra buckle. Dont care about a inner/outter but I am not against it either. anything out there for less than $100?
Pic thread.

https://i.imgur.com/gly0lXl.jpg
View Quote

https://www.skdtac.com/Esstac-Shooter-s-Belt-1-75-p/ess.537.htm

Out of stock with MC right now but looks like it checks your boxes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Thats kinda neat, what buttpack is that?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:30:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#31]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By daemon734:

Thanks.  The buttpack is from Mayflower/Velocity Systems.  Used their H harness as well.  They sell a complete "jungle" rig but it's crazy expensive.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#32]

No handgun.  At least not a dedicated way to carry one.  A pistol could be stuffed into one of the mag pouches if necessary and secured with the flap.  In the future I may switch to two double mag pouches per side with a dedicated IFAK behind them on the left and holster behind them on the right.  

I put it together as a rifleman's hot weather "patrol" rig.  It's basically a modernized spin on the old ALICE LBE.  Doesn't really meet the 1st line criteria most in this thread use but it's still a belt rig

The idea was for it to be a way to carry the rifleman's essentials without a lot of stuff on a vest.  Could be used alone or with a slick plate carrier.  Mainly just did it for fun since I don't do any patrolling anymore .

Wore it around in the woods today to test it out and I'm pretty impressed.  Not nearly as heavy feeling as you might think.  Way more comfortable than the LC-2 stuff I had in OSUT.

The list of components is as follows:

Belt- BAE Eclipse padded assault belt
H Harness- Mayflower/Velocity Systems
Mag Pouches- BAE Eclipse 6 mag (x2)
Canteen carriers- Eagle Industries Canteen/GP (x2)
Buttpack- Mayflower/Velocity Systems

All of the stuff is Ranger Green.

View Quote

Do, or could you, adjust it so that you could wear a pants belt mounted holster with a decent drop/offset like the safariland UBL and still clear the mag pouches on your shooting side?
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Do, or could you, adjust it so that you could wear a pants belt mounted holster with a decent drop/offset like the safariland UBL and still clear the mag pouches on your shooting side?
View Quote

I don't think so.  It would hang way too low.  To add a pistol to that belt would require ditching the 6 mag pouch on the strong side, adding a holster, and then one or two double mag pouches on whatever space was left.

Like I said earlier, it was built to fill a specific role. The idea was to use that rig with a medium ALICE pack and a slick minimalist PC (or not) for longer ranged movements in the heat.  Pistol got ditched for more mag capacity.

Since I don't actually do patrols anymore it was basically a mind exercise/fun build. That being said, I like all of my stuff to be practical and useful so I'm sure I'll tinker around with it for awhile to get it exactly where I want it.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#34]

I don't think so.  It would hang way too low.  To add a pistol to that belt would require ditching the 6 mag pouch on the strong side, adding a holster, and then one or two double mag pouches on whatever space was left.

Like I said earlier, it was built to fill a specific role. The idea was to use that rig with a medium ALICE pack and a slick minimalist PC (or not) for longer ranged movements in the heat.  Pistol got ditched for more mag capacity.

Since I don't actually do patrols anymore it was basically a mind exercise/fun build. That being said, I like all of my stuff to be practical and useful so I'm sure I'll tinker around with it for awhile to get it exactly where I want it.

View All Quotes

I like that a lot
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

always good to see someone thinking for themselves and setting up kit to meet their actual needs not what others say is needed. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Love the rig! it's got that cool factor

I also like your reasoning, not only would you have to ditch 6 mags(depending on if you add some back) but you also need to make room for pistol mags.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 3:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#37]
Glad you all like it, just thought I'd throw something different out there.  

This thread was starting to look like a Glock picture thread

Mission/use drives the gear.  If I was out for an extended period of time in open/rugged terrain I'd rather have extra primary mags, water, and a bit of food and snivel over a pistol.  

Also wanted to add my reasoning behind the mag pouches I chose.  I wanted something with a full flap that didn't rely on Velcro.  Velcro is loud and gets gunked up from time to time.  I also don't like those little tiny fastex clips that are commonly used.  They aren't that fast and can be a pain with gloves and cold hands.  

I hadn't seen the "speed toggle" option before so I was intrigued.  It's quick to open but takes some getting used to when refastening.  There is a Velcro patch inside but it comes covered. You can use the Velcro in conjunction with the toggle or by itself if so inclined.  The key thing to know about the toggle is to make sure the tab is to one side or the other so it's just shock cord around the toggle.  If the tab is directly to the 6 o'clock it can pop open with a minor touch due to the width of the tab, proximity to the toggle, and tension applied.  With the tab to the side it takes a purposeful but quick tug down since the shock cord loops tight under the toggle without the tab in the way.

Not all rigs need to be set up for speed on a 25 meter range/home defense/urban operations.  I've got one like that (pictured on top) and wouldn't want to use it with a ruck out in the field doing long movements. Maybe that's a deficiency in my setup and I can change it up to work in both situations, maybe not.  Might be what I look at as my next project.  Either way, it's just fun to think about something different from time to time .

I'll probably tweak it some more as I use it and figure out what needs changed.  Seems like a good starting point at least.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I dig this rig. Also, Ranger green is best green.

We need a 2nd line gear pic thread!
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Gurthy:

View Quote

Thanks.  I wasn't sure if it belonged here since it wasn't a traditional 1st line.  It is a belt rig though!

The essentials to fight another day can be wildly different based on location and what weapons are being carried.

With water, food, med gear, and ammo I see it more as a back country first line
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By hessikin:

The ESSTAC Hard Loops. They work great. Make sure you take the kydex insert out of the pouch before attaching the hard loops otherwise it's a massive pain in the ass.
View Quote
I had no problems with mine. slid both ends in at the same time and then flipped the bottom loop around the hook.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By I9II_Maverick:

but you also need to make room for pistol mags.
View Quote

Might not be a requirement even if a pistol is present.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:23:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TUAEITS] [#42]
Nice to see i'm not the only one using that sort of rig still!

https://imgur.com/a/KcrYPef

Pretty dirty from work and it's an old pic but LBE is the way for jungle shit and longer recce work. A lot of people get fixed on having a pistol but a lot of the times for stuff like that it's not as much of a priority. Huge benefits to keeping your chest free for ventilation. Working on solutions right now for being used as a grenadier and or belt-fed role.
Seconded on the Velocity systems stuff it's über gucci but you pay for it. I got their jungle kit minus the belt cause I had a BeltMinus V2 from my previous iteration of LBE.

Edit- Not used to posting pictures heres so if someone can give me some advice i'd be interested. But there's the link.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#44]
whats everyone running for a dump pouch? I'm looking for something that can roll up somewhat compact, doesnt have to be tiny. will attach to a 1.75" belt and has a somewhat stiff mouth to hold it open.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a maxpedition pouch. Seems to work.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Some garbage I threw together. It’s still getting some tweaks.

Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
whats everyone running for a dump pouch? I'm looking for something that can roll up somewhat compact, doesnt have to be tiny. will attach to a 1.75" belt and has a somewhat stiff mouth to hold it open.
View Quote

When I used a pure dump pouch, the CSM was the best I ever found.   Since then I’ve moved over to using a breachers pouch since it allows me to close the pouch via Velcro or zipper if needed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TUAEITS:
Nice to see i'm not the only one using that sort of rig still!

https://imgur.com/a/KcrYPef

Pretty dirty from work and it's an old pic but LBE is the way for jungle shit and longer recce work. A lot of people get fixed on having a pistol but a lot of the times for stuff like that it's not as much of a priority. Huge benefits to keeping your chest free for ventilation. Working on solutions right now for being used as a grenadier and or belt-fed role.
Seconded on the Velocity systems stuff it's über gucci but you pay for it. I got their jungle kit minus the belt cause I had a BeltMinus V2 from my previous iteration of LBE.

Edit- Not used to posting pictures heres so if someone can give me some advice i'd be interested. But there's the link.
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks.  I wasn't sure if it belonged here since it wasn't a traditional 1st line.  It is a belt rig though!

The essentials to fight another day can be wildly different based on location and what weapons are being carried.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gurthy:

Totally inexperienced here so bare with me..It seems with one in the gun you are carrying 390 rounds of ammo. Plus two canteens. Plus IFAK. And whatever is in the buttpack. What does that rig weigh fully loaded? And what would you recommend carrying in the buttpack?  The rig looks very functional for a long term foray into the woods. Probably coupled with a pack? And if so what pack?  Seriously curious and would like someone more experienced to give me some insight
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:54:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#50]

Totally inexperienced here so bare with me..It seems with one in the gun you are carrying 390 rounds of ammo. Plus two canteens. Plus IFAK. And whatever is in the buttpack. What does that rig weigh fully loaded? And what would you recommend carrying in the buttpack?  The rig looks very functional for a long term foray into the woods. Probably coupled with a pack? And if so what pack?  Seriously curious and would like someone more experienced to give me some insight
View Quote

I don't know the weight fully loaded yet.  I just got it put together last week or so and haven't gotten it completely set up and loaded out yet.  I'll try to remember to weigh it once I do.

The butt pack was the last piece to show up and I haven't had time to mess around with seeing what I can fit into it.  I'm planning to move my medical stuff to the MOLLE on the sides of it though instead of stuffing it into a mag pouch.  

What I pack in it will depend on time of year and what I'm doing I suppose.  Socks, a field stripped MRE, small weapons maintenance kit, iodine tabs, and poncho with some 550 are where I'm going to start.  I've got a small waterproof bag to keep some of the stuff dry in there.  I'll see how/if all that fits and adjust from there.

The ruck I use is a medium ALICE with the MOLLE ruck shoulder pads and sleep system carrier.  It's not Gucci but it works and can support a lot of weight.  It's also short so the kidney pad sits above the belt but the top doesn't block my head too bad while laying prone.  It also allows for ventilation since the pads kick the frame away from my back.

Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top