User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazyWhiteGuy] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gman556:

Thanks.
That is very discouraging.

I also forgot to add that one time  I went to draw from a soc light bearing holster and did not press the thumb break down 100% (my fault/ was new to the platform) causing it not to flip forward, yanking the pistol up against the hood, and I ended up tearing the RTI three screw attachment right out of the holster.

When inspecting it I noticed that the screws screwed directly into the plastic without any kind of metal inserts.

I ended up fixing it with screws that were a bit longer and it seemed like it was a lot more solid than the original screws that attached it.

Like I said though  I'm having a hard time maintaining any confidence in the platform anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Augee:
I really like the G-Code connection, but I started breaking them at an alarming rate while doing some fairly low intensity stuff.  

Have started the movement back towards the Safariland locking systems.  

~Augee

What happened?

I broke my thumb release for the hood on my SOC-C holster from just a light fall. I wasn't even wearing it.

It just fell out of my closet from a shelf about 5ft up.

They fixed it and had it back to me within a week, but it has made me not as confident about using it.

I have heard this before here somewhere about the g-code connectors breaking pretty easy.

I ordered a double 1911 mag pouch from them a few years ago and I was not at all impressed with it. Very flimsy.

Over the course of about a year's worth of punishing engagements as the "Fighting S-Three," I broke:

- The paddle completely off a of paddle holster
- A belt loop off a belt RTI adapter
- The cowling of a light bearing SOC holster
- About four of the screws that are supposed to retain the RTI wheel on the belt slide platform (obviously not all at the same time), and I believe that my current RTI wheel is still attached with only four screws

G-Code was always good about taking care of me when things needed fixing, they sent me a replacement belt loop platform and replacement screws to an APO, and were willing to send a replacement cowling, but it was too close to leaving to bother having them send it out, and I haven't bothered getting it replaced since since I've managed to hold it together with 100MPH tape.  

My final assessment was that really the material they use for their modular components (the main body of the SOC is plenty robust) is both too thin and too brittle.  

It was a shame to come to that conclusion because I both really liked the modularity of the components (e.g., the SOC holster), as well as the RTI interface.  Unfortunately, most of my failures came from the RTI adapter platform (though, notably, not from the RTI device itself), so using RTI adapters on non-G-Code holsters isn't really a good solution for me, either.  

ETA - Photographs:

Cracked light cowling:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/E5C70020-A3B9-4767-9B1B-0718F61409B1_zpsf7exglek.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/C3F20FC3-3C5D-4B58-B2D2-1BC0B1E48D5D_zpsbqnqg79v.jpg

Cracked belt slide adapter, you can also see that two of the five screw sets have fallen out and gone MIA:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/D18E5FDA-F746-4FD0-BCB6-C3DF1E85683B_zps2rgfn6rh.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/958A2852-5C15-4192-8170-B8DC0D727C49_zpsmyg9edmv.jpg

~Augee

Thanks.

I also forgot to add that one time  I went to draw from a soc light bearing holster and did not press the thumb break down 100% (my fault/ was new to the platform) causing it not to flip forward, yanking the pistol up against the hood, and I ended up tearing the RTI three screw attachment right out of the holster.

When inspecting it I noticed that the screws screwed directly into the plastic without any kind of metal inserts.

I ended up fixing it with screws that were a bit longer and it seemed like it was a lot more solid than the original screws that attached it.

Like I said though  I'm having a hard time maintaining any confidence in the platform anymore.

As an opposing "YMMV" voice I've spent 2 years in afg using g code holsters and attachments and slammed them in uparmor doors, gotten them full of moondust, and bent them strange ways climbing walls or lowering myself off of them.

Haven't cracked or broken one yet.

My problems with them are more the inconsistent screws (different sizes for different items and not listed anywhere what is what) so replacing 1 screw can cost between 10 and 20 bucks with shipping, and the fact that they discontinued the sig228 holster, even though it's still what all four services issue to various Intel/embassy/LE assignments.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:

As an opposing "YMMV" voice I've spent 2 years in afg using g code holsters and attachments and slammed them in uparmor doors, gotten them full of moondust, and bent them strange ways climbing walls or lowering myself off of them.

My problems with them are more the inconsistent screws (different sizes for different items and not listed anywhere what is what) so replacing 1 screw can cost between 10 and 20 bucks with shipping, and the fact that they discontinued the sig228 holster, even though it's still what all four services issue to various Intel/embassy/LE assignments.
View All Quotes
I really like the G-Code connection, but I started breaking them at an alarming rate while doing some fairly low intensity stuff.  

Have started the movement back towards the Safariland locking systems.  

~Augee

What happened?

I broke my thumb release for the hood on my SOC-C holster from just a light fall. I wasn't even wearing it.

It just fell out of my closet from a shelf about 5ft up.

They fixed it and had it back to me within a week, but it has made me not as confident about using it.

I have heard this before here somewhere about the g-code connectors breaking pretty easy.

I ordered a double 1911 mag pouch from them a few years ago and I was not at all impressed with it. Very flimsy.

Over the course of about a year's worth of punishing engagements as the "Fighting S-Three," I broke:

- About four of the screws that are supposed to retain the RTI wheel on the belt slide platform (obviously not all at the same time), and I believe that my current RTI wheel is still attached with only four screws

G-Code was always good about taking care of me when things needed fixing, they sent me a replacement belt loop platform and replacement screws to an APO, and were willing to send a replacement cowling, but it was too close to leaving to bother having them send it out, and I haven't bothered getting it replaced since since I've managed to hold it together with 100MPH tape.  

My final assessment was that really the material they use for their modular components (the main body of the SOC is plenty robust) is both too thin and too brittle.  

It was a shame to come to that conclusion because I both really liked the modularity of the components (e.g., the SOC holster), as well as the RTI interface.  Unfortunately, most of my failures came from the RTI adapter platform (though, notably, not from the RTI device itself), so using RTI adapters on non-G-Code holsters isn't really a good solution for me, either.  

ETA - Photographs:

Cracked light cowling:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/E5C70020-A3B9-4767-9B1B-0718F61409B1_zpsf7exglek.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/C3F20FC3-3C5D-4B58-B2D2-1BC0B1E48D5D_zpsbqnqg79v.jpg

Cracked belt slide adapter, you can also see that two of the five screw sets have fallen out and gone MIA:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/D18E5FDA-F746-4FD0-BCB6-C3DF1E85683B_zps2rgfn6rh.jpg

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff502/augeekim/958A2852-5C15-4192-8170-B8DC0D727C49_zpsmyg9edmv.jpg

~Augee

Thanks.

Thanks for the real world review.

Definitely more encouraging than What I have read about here and my own experience.

I'm also not feeling very ambitious about switching everything over to Safariland or another platform.

Of course I am just a civilian and I don't really think I'll be seeing the kind of use out of my gear that you and Augee experience. So I probably don't have too much to worry about as far as that goes anyway.

They did fix my thumb drive hood mechanism on my holster even after I admitted it was me that dropped it. They had it back to me in six days which I really did think was pretty cool.

I am pretty much set up with all my gear using g code attachments and RTI wheels.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:55:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mountaineer82] [#3]

I've got the G-Code P-228 holster and I've spent quite a bit of time drawing it and it's still very tight
In the holster. I've got one for my HK and it fits a lot better. Did it take along time to break in your  holster?  

I hope to eventually replace my magazine pouches with the g-code ones, I also like the assulters shingle
LBT sales.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've trained hard with my G-Code gear, banging around on barricades and doors and rolling on the ground with them, and haven't had an issue yet. The RTI mounts have always seemed a bit flimsy to me, but have stood up to everything I've thrown at them so far.

I did have a custom kukri sheath made, but I decided using RTI on that would be pushing my luck
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
in the 2007-2008 time frame, my unit drank the g code kool aid and issued out their holsters with the RTI wheel.  This way guys could wear them on a drop leg or wherever else they wanted to.  After a couple of deployments the teams were coming back with 75% of the holsters and wheels broken.  Screws kept falling out, pieces falling off and those RTI wheels breaking.

We junked all of them and went to Safariland (they didn't have the fork thingy at the time though) and the problem was solved.  Never saw another broken holster.

After that...I've never given G-code a serious look and alway use Safariland for duty type holsters.  I caveat this by saying that I do have an INCOG but one of the screws fell out of that thing too.

Just my observations....YMMV
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:46:30 AM EDT
[#6]
OWB and IWB.  

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Detn8r-Red2] [#7]
IFAK added

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Detn8r-Red2:
IFAK added

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/IMG-0011-97979.JPG
View Quote

Sitting down must be uncomfy
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Originally Posted By Detn8r-Red2:
IFAK added

http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/389898/IMG-0011-97979.JPG

I usually throw the belt on when I get out of my truck for just that reason. I'm looking for something a bit thinner for the belt, but I had two or three of these kicking around.  My primary use so far for the belt is hunting, so I'm not doing much sitting with it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I know this is off topic, but what wrist watch is that?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#12]

ETA - Photographs:

Cracked light cowling:

~Augee
View Quote

what wrist watch is that?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SEK7562] [#13]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#14]
After seeing pictures of rigs for years and even mine is set up like yalls, how do yall sit in a vehicle with the ifak in the rear?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Get a sotech viper flat ifak
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody try the Wilde Custom Padded Belt System? Taking a serious look at that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
After seeing pictures of rigs for years and even mine is set up like yalls, how do yall sit in a vehicle with the ifak in the rear?
View Quote

The SOtech and LBT ones don't get much thicker than a plate carrier.

It's not going to be very comfortable anyway. Set your stuff up for your most likely use, and try out less likely uses. That's the best you can do.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Been gone from ARF for a bit but lurk when I can.
   Slapped this together using an Eagle Inds. belt/suspender w/ First Spear and TYRtactical multicam pounches. Yeah, yeah serpa....the single pouch next to sidearm holds a Benchmade folder. The utility pouch holds a small torch, 4oz. bottle of CLP ,bore snake, glass wipes and ear pro. Works for me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I just received my G-code operators belt in the mail.  I would avoid it at all costs.  I figured that ordering a medium (32''-36'' waist) would set me up for success because I am a size 34'' waist.  The outerbelt and innerbelt are sized for a size 30'' waist.   I have the adjustments all the way out and the inner belt wont even get close to latching.  They say that your belt size is different than your pants size because you need to go on the outside of all of your clothing and whatnot, and they advise to use a tape measure to find what your actual belt size would be.  Well I did that, and came out to a size 34.5 - 35.   They are still short about 6'' on their total measurement.  The hook Velcro on the inside of the outerbelt is poorly thought out as well. If you are near the middle to upper end of the sizing limits on the belt the hook Velcro will only extent to about even with your hip, which leaves a significant portion (about a 1/4 of the total belt surface area) without any sort of attachment.  Now add a holster to that side of the body and your even further extent the area with no attachment surfaces.    I normally wouldn't bitch and moan about a product, but I tried to call and email them for 3 weeks to cancel this order but they didn't answer/respond/care about anything.   G-code may make some good products, but I would avoid this on in particular.

Rant over.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 4:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DallasLooterShooter] [#20]
Originally Posted By mban2:
I just received my G-code operators belt in the mail.  I would avoid it at all costs.  I figured that ordering a medium (32''-36'' waist) would set me up for success because I am a size 34'' waist.  The outerbelt and innerbelt are sized for a size 30'' waist.   I have the adjustments all the way out and the inner belt wont even get close to latching.  They say that your belt size is different than your pants size because you need to go on the outside of all of your clothing and whatnot, and they advise to use a tape measure to find what your actual belt size would be.  Well I did that, and came out to a size 34.5 - 35.   They are still short about 6'' on their total measurement.  The hook Velcro on the inside of the outerbelt is poorly thought out as well. If you are near the middle to upper end of the sizing limits on the belt the hook Velcro will only extent to about even with your hip, which leaves a significant portion (about a 1/4 of the total belt surface area) without any sort of attachment.  Now add a holster to that side of the body and your even further extent the area with no attachment surfaces.    I normally wouldn't bitch and moan about a product, but I tried to call and email them for 3 weeks to cancel this order but they didn't answer/respond/care about anything.   G-code may make some good products, but I would avoid this on in particular.

Rant over.
View Quote

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.  

G-code seems to be on quite a few people's shit lists lately.  I've read a few posts lately from members having issues (breakage) with g-code holsters, mounting platforms, and belt clips.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Super budget belt, threw it together to try it out, will probably upgrade to an ats or maybe the aws LAB

14 dollar ACU LBT patrol belt
Old condor pistol pouch and holster ~20 dollars
2 ITW fast mags for 19 each so 40 dollars
Condor rollup pouch -11 dollars
USGI molle Canteen Pouch- 4 dollars
Random surplus pouch- 5 dollars

So..right under 100.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Been to the range with my set up a couple times so far and it's been awesome. My biggest complaint is that it always seems to pull my pants down... and if I wear a belt then it just gets in the way. Maybe it's a personal problem.

One thing to note however with my G-Code RTI holster. As I was cleaning up I noticed a little screw-like thing with a flat-head tip on the ground next to my table. I looked at my holster and the top screw of the RTI wheel had backed out and the flat-head tipped screw (I don't know what it's called) behind it had fallen out. Might be a good idea to put some blue loctite on these maybe? I went home and put the screw back in and tightened all of the other screws.

PSA: check your RTI wheel's screws often and make sure they're snug.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:49:45 AM EDT
[#23]
You guys using the molle or the belt Fastmags on your molle belts?, also blueforce gear has fastmags in both styles for 20 bucks
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:
You guys using the molle or the belt Fastmags on your molle belts?, also blueforce gear has fastmags in both styles for 20 bucks
View Quote

I'm using the Molle ones on mine, but with my Brokos I could use either or.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Still ghetto, more usable though. All pistol stuff on the belt, all rifle stuff moved to the pc.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By para_frame:
Still ghetto, more usable though. All pistol stuff on the belt, all rifle stuff moved to the pc.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111675/20161218-091447-110625.JPG
View Quote

sometimes the Ghetto stuff works 10X better than the $300 rig.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I like the old gi pistol belt. I have a m12 holster with thumb break. I have two pistol mags and two fal pouches and a multi tool pouch.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#28]
This will be my first post on the forum after lurking for while. Just finished up my belt today. Primary use is range duty/shooting out in the boonies duty. Secondary use is HD, very unlikely.

I would really appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism. It's my first build.

Gear List:
    HSGI Sure-Grip Padded Belt with inner belt
       HSGI Pistol Tacos x 2
       HSGI AR Taco
       Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch
       HSGI Bleeder/Blowout Kit
       Blue Force Gear Tourniquet NOW! Strap
       Safariland Model 6354DO ALS
       Safariland Low Ride Belt Loop

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mban2:

Rant over.
View Quote

Not good to hear.  I have one coming, hoping it will be here soon.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By oGKevin:
This will be my first post on the forum after lurking for while. Just finished up my belt today. Primary use is range duty/shooting out in the boonies duty. Secondary use is HD, very unlikely.

I would really appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism. It's my first build.

Gear List:
    HSGI Sure-Grip Padded Belt with inner belt    HSGI Pistol Tacos x 2    HSGI AR Taco    Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch    HSGI Bleeder/Blowout Kit    Blue Force Gear Tourniquet NOW! Strap    Safariland Model 6354DO ALS    Safariland Low Ride Belt Loop

http://i.imgur.com/84Pu4AN.jpg
View Quote

Very nice, my belt is setup similar to yours, but I use a Crye MRB.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Gear List:
    HSGI Sure-Grip Padded Belt with inner belt    HSGI Pistol Tacos x 2    HSGI AR Taco    Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch    HSGI Bleeder/Blowout Kit    Blue Force Gear Tourniquet NOW! Strap    Safariland Model 6354DO ALS    Safariland Low Ride Belt Loop

View Quote

It looks pretty good for it's intended purpose to me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TATBME:

Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

It looks pretty good for it's intended purpose to me.

I was looking at the MRB but was able to get all of this from an LGS and I like supporting local businesses.

Appreciate the feedback! Eventually I'll be pairing it with a Banshee PC
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Mine.

med kit is pissing me off while in a truck.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By louisianarebel:
http://i.imgur.com/IDbjCqd.jpg?1
Mine.

View Quote

Try running your bleeder pouch horizontal in the small of your back and reposition your dump pouch. It worked for me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Gear List:

View Quote

Nice rig! Add an FDE Glock23 and some FDE SOCOM 17rd mags and you are set.   
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I think I was one of the final customers who put the final nail in the coffin- received a Sig P228 holster from them circa 2014 and experienced issues with the bail not locking into closed position. I called and explained and they didn't believe me, so I sent them a picture and was promptly refunded.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ih829s.jpg

I've had the spring responsible for the bail actuating get gritty after getting some moon dust in it, but nothing that water couldn't fix. That said, I agree that the screws for their RTI wheels (especially the duty mount) like to fall out randomly. I've loctited mine since the first incident and haven't had a problem since.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Question for you guys that run your belts fairly often.   I'm slowly putting mine together and ran into a question.  

background to this question, I shoot a 2 gun match at least once a month, rifle and pistol, with more emphasis on rifle.  Usually requiring a mag change and maybe a transition to pistol.  

this thread has been a great inspiration for me as far as setting this up, but as i'm standing in my living room getting some stuff placed around the belt and practicing reloads from the belt something occurred to me.  everyone I've seen runs pistol mags closer to centerline followed by rifle mags.  if your rifle is to be your primary why does no one put primary ammo front?  (LEO duty belts where your pistol is primary I understand, they typically don't have rifle mags on duty belts anyway) I found it slightly awkward reaching back over my pistol mags to reach my rifle mags.  I know at least part of that is it's a new setup and I gotta get the muscle memory down but was curios if there was another reason I was not aware of.  

thanks for listening and I'll be back to post pics when i get things where I like them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Steeles:
Question for you guys that run your belts fairly often.   I'm slowly putting mine together and ran into a question.  

background to this question, I shoot a 2 gun match at least once a month, rifle and pistol, with more emphasis on rifle.  Usually requiring a mag change and maybe a transition to pistol.  

this thread has been a great inspiration for me as far as setting this up, but as i'm standing in my living room getting some stuff placed around the belt and practicing reloads from the belt something occurred to me.  everyone I've seen runs pistol mags closer to centerline followed by rifle mags.  if your rifle is to be your primary why does no one put primary ammo front?  (LEO duty belts where your pistol is primary I understand, they typically don't have rifle mags on duty belts anyway) I found it slightly awkward reaching back over my pistol mags to reach my rifle mags.  I know at least part of that is it's a new setup and I gotta get the muscle memory down but was curios if there was another reason I was not aware of.  

thanks for listening and I'll be back to post pics when i get things where I like them.
View Quote

I suppose you can do rifle up front if you wanted.

This is a little hard to explain. For me, when I am reaching without looking, I kinda drop my hand down first and slide across until I hit the mags. With the pistol mags up first, my hand will never skip past them because it will run into the rifle mag behind it. If I hit the rifle mag, i drop right down and there is the pistol mag. With the rifle mags first, my hand could go right over the pistol mags and then I would have to look down and search for it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Hsgi belt with tacos
Pig plate carrier with pig hydration carrier and level IV plates.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By mikf44:

Not good to hear.  I have one coming, hoping it will be here soon.
View Quote

Has yours come in? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

Has yours come in? Thoughts?
View Quote

Not yet.  I'll be sure to report back when it comes in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Mine.

View Quote

Just my .02s, move your pistol mags to on top of your rifle mags. Move that set up to where the pistol mags are.

What's next to the mags?
Can the knife go to a chest rig? Does it need to be a fixed? A quality folder in your pocket could work.
Instead of dump, can you Tac reload by sticking the empty mags in the pouches upside down?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By LS6TT:

Just my .02s, move your pistol mags to on top of your rifle mags. Move that set up to where the pistol mags are.

What's next to the mags?
Can the knife go to a chest rig? Does it need to be a fixed? A quality folder in your pocket could work.
Instead of dump, can you Tac reload by sticking the empty mags in the pouches upside down?
View All Quotes
Mine.

What's next to the mags?

I disagree. I find that the extra width to be a pain in the ass. I much prefer a single layer.
It's not that big of a deal on the chest but my hips are pretty wide and an extra layer right there gets hung up on everything. Cars, jungles, door jambs, etc
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 6:12:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mikf44:

Not yet.  I'll be sure to report back when it comes in.
View Quote

I got the G-code belt in the mail.  I have only tried it on and it seems to fit well.  I wear a 32 in pants and ordered the medium.  The outer belt is about right in the middle of adjustments.  Since there is a fair amount of adjustment in the belt there is an area that will not have Velcro meeting up with the inner belt especially if you have the adjustment all the way out.

I will probably be using it in a shooting match at the end of the month.  I don't see why it wont work for what I need.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I disagree. I find that the extra width to be a pain in the ass. I much prefer a single layer.
It's not that big of a deal on the chest but my hips are pretty wide and an extra layer right there gets hung up on everything. Cars, jungles, door jambs, etc
View Quote

I Was only commenting based on his set up and the lack of space on his rig and need to shift around to sit comfortably.

I double layer on my belt left side but I'm always the driver or driver rear and I slide out of vehicles versus turn and burn.

Definitely a each person may vary situation
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:42:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: louisianarebel] [#47]

What's next to the mags?
View Quote

I wear jeans and cant get to my pockets with belt. Don't normally have chest rig on as much as I do the belt.
Also was trying to keep it more streamlined for in the woods so I put the pistol mags where they wouldn't stick out any farther.
Behind ar mags its, batteries, flashlight, leatherman.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#48]

I Was only commenting based on his set up and the lack of space on his rig and need to shift around to sit comfortably.

I double layer on my belt left side but I'm always the driver or driver rear and I slide out of vehicles versus turn and burn.

View All Quotes

Gotchya.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Mine.

View Quote

Have you tried the flash light and multitool infront of your gun? Then try the medpouch behind your mags.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Have you tried the flash light and multitool infront of your gun? Then try the medpouch behind your mags.
View Quote

All you people and your good ideas. I'll try that too.
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top