Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 153
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 7:49:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I see a lot of the RDS holsters. My agency ended up removing all of the optic hoods. We kept finding that guys were getting fouled re-holstering after weird shooting positions, clearing tight hallways etc or having to fight/defend the gun hands on. It happened on the range and then in the field a few times for real and the training section axed them. With an enclosed optic it was basically unnecessary anyway.

FYI if any of you have seen similar stuff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Added the ice vent pad to my MHA. Huge difference. Need longer one wrap before I can get the shoulder pads on my Crye LVS carrier. I used my old First Spear cummerbund on the Crye instead of the provided skeletal version.

The EssTac mag pouches are much better than the G-Code I was using.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
I see a lot of the RDS holsters. My agency ended up removing all of the optic hoods. We kept finding that guys were getting fouled re-holstering after weird shooting positions, clearing tight hallways etc or having to fight/defend the gun hands on. It happened on the range and then in the field a few times for real and the training section axed them. With an enclosed optic it was basically unnecessary anyway.

FYI if any of you have seen similar stuff.
View Quote

I could see that with a 6390RDS but on the 6360RDS the optic hood cannot rotate with the SLS down. Never had an issue but I also run the SLS hood guard as well.

I added the Qore pads to the UBLs on my work and war belt. It is a huge improvement in comfort not having the edge of the UBL dig into my thigh when it’s jammed against the console. Definitely worthwhile upgrade even for a UBL.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Think I might finally be happy with my belt setup.

Attachment Attached File

Pistol mags, rifle mag, water, dump pouch, IFAK, TQ, pistol, and booboo kit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Crye LRB
Safariland 6354DO
Bladetech pistol mag pouches
HSGI Taco on a Ridgeline DROP
ATS Dump pouch
LBT med pouch

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently got the BFG CHKL for a great price from Midway, great belt, but they shipped me a size bigger than ordered.
Now it is sold out and honestly i realized I dont need a belt to have 2 helo clips on it.

I realized that the two belt system is probably great for cops or competition, but has limitations when it comes to putting it on quick for shtf, or being able to wear over snivel gear during the winter. I also would like the ability to wear the belt over PT gear for runs / rucks

Now I am eyeballing the HSG Slim Grip Padded belt, any feedback on if it sounds like a good fit or experience with it?

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hidesite:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1891/image0_jpeg-2429241.JPG

Crye LRB
Safariland 6354DO
Bladetech pistol mag pouches
HSGI Taco on a Ridgeline DROP
ATS Dump pouch
LBT med pouch

View Quote

Nice looking belt.
Do you use it with a liner belt as well or is it pretty sturdy on its own?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a Crye MRB inner belt. (If you know what part number you want, you can try to order just the inner. They won't look it up for you though.)
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By virgilc1984:

Now I am eyeballing the HSG Slim Grip Padded belt, any feedback on if it sounds like a good fit or experience with it?

View Quote

I have one.  I like it for what it is.  However, I would but the Duty Grip version.  The down side to the regular SlimGrip is that it only have two rows of molle.  Depending on what pouch you are trying to mount, it may be not be solid. The Duty grip version would all you to mount something to the “inner belt” instead of the molle.  At work, will try to post pics later.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Just about finished with my war belt.  Loving it so far. Only issue I have is my esstac pistol pouch is meant for a 3 row molle but my belt is the ats slim war belt with 2 rows so part of the pouch either hangs to low or rides to high.  Seems flimsy.    Initial pics didn't have the thigh strap.  Recently added it and then played nerf with my son.  Blurred out because not today Mr ATF mahttps://photos.app.goo.gl/zYHzK4UFWmTNPTLU7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BZKh5q8ff4wFiBLm9
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

Your real name is visible when you link those pics bro.
View Quote

Wtf!!!  Lol. Well. I tried
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#15]
On the topic of gear attached to belts, you guys have a convenient way to store mini chem lights on belt or just dump a bunch in a gp pouch ?    
      ( Don't have space for that blue Force gear macro holder).
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:
On the topic of gear attached to belts, you guys have a convenient way to store mini chem lights on belt or just dump a bunch in a gp pouch ?    
View Quote

Spiritus jsta with axl insert
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

In MOLLE columns?
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:08:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I would but it's the mini chem lights. Very small.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Do they have a pull tab/hole?

What is your intended use?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:04:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#20]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Castillo:

I’m guessing he’s talking about these.
Attachment Attached File

Something that may work

If not and they do have a tab or hole. I use these to keep them on my belt/PC/bags.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

If I recall, BFG had a loader for those. The loader fit into a mag pouch.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Awesome.  Gonna get that mini detachable holder.     I don't really have room nor want to try to fit another mag pouch onto my vest or belt.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I need a suppressor holder for my Obsidian.  The Esstac one is awesome for my Resonator K.  I don't like the one I have since it is not form fitting.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DilbertWearsPrada] [#24]
Been a casual lurker for a while, picked up some good tips from these picture threads.

https://imgur.com/H4wDcDc

AWS SMU belt w/ HSGI Micro Grip Panel
T-Rex MARS Pistol Mag Carriers (2)
Thyrm CellVault
Direct Action Dump Pouch
Kolchan Fast Mag Mini Mag Pouch (mounted inside dump pouch)
Blue Force Gear 10-speed Double Mag Pouch with Surefire light & Leatherman (mounted to mag pouch in dump pouch)
NAR CAT Gen7 x2
Shaw Concepts RAID 2
HavocWorks Witch Finger
G-Code Optimal Drop Mount
Safariland 6390RDS w/ Nub Mod
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DilbertWearsPrada:
Been a casual lurker for a while, picked up some good tips from these picture threads.

AWS SMU belt w/ HSGI Micro Grip Panel
T-Rex MARS Pistol Mag Carriers (2)
Thyrm CellVault
Direct Action Dump Pouch
Kolchan Fast Mag Mini Mag Pouch (mounted inside dump pouch)
Blue Force Gear 10-speed Double Mag Pouch with Surefire light & Leatherman (mounted to mag pouch in dump pouch)
NAR CAT Gen7 x2
Shaw Concepts RAID 2
HavocWorks Witch Finger
G-Code Optimal Drop Mount
Safariland 6390RDS w/ Nub Mod
View Quote

I think you inputted the wrong code for imgur. Here it is with a bit of help

Welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By virgilc1984:
I recently got the BFG CHKL for a great price from Midway, great belt, but they shipped me a size bigger than ordered.
Now it is sold out and honestly i realized I dont need a belt to have 2 helo clips on it.

I realized that the two belt system is probably great for cops or competition, but has limitations when it comes to putting it on quick for shtf, or being able to wear over snivel gear during the winter. I also would like the ability to wear the belt over PT gear for runs / rucks

View Quote

I keep my Esstac belt hanging with a wilder tactical “urban assault belt pad” attached to the velcro so I can grab it and go without the inner belt.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:

Welcome to the site.
View Quote

Thank you kindly, (and thanks for the Imgur fix/tip!)
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dcs12345:

I keep my Esstac belt hanging with a wilder tactical “urban assault belt pad” attached to the velcro so I can grab it and go without the inner belt.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-423klbo1ne/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/143/895/UA_Pad_BK1__91005.1630012187.jpg?c=1

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82036/image-2469127.jpg
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Same.
View All Quotes

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-423klbo1ne/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/143/895/UA_Pad_BK1__91005.1630012187.jpg?c=1

Same.
@dcs12345 @Ex_Sanguine_Nation

How's the pad in relation to to not being slippery and stay around the waste while on the move? I use the HSGI LASER Duty-Grip Padded Belt and like it but would not mind a cheaper backup that isn't crap and something that I wouldn't have to sew a belt through either.

Made here in the USA?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 1:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ex_Sanguine_Nation] [#30]

How's the pad in relation to to not being slippery and stay around the waste while on the move? I use the HSGI LASER Duty-Grip Padded Belt and like it but would not mind a cheaper backup that isn't crap and something that I wouldn't have to sew a belt through either.

Made here in the USA?
View All Quotes

Same.

Made here in the USA?

@ArizonaRifleman

I use the Wilder Tactical pad, which is supposedly made in the USA. If you like HSGI, they make the same thing (be careful though, as they make a hook lined AND a loop lined version).

Like the HSGI belt you have, they are just slap-on neoprene liners for when you aren't wearing your inner belt. If your neoprene-lined duty belt doesn't slip around, you'll likely find these stay put just as well. Now, caveat emptor: everyone is different. I am not an ass-less wonder. I have a butt. I also have a thigh strap on my holster so, once the strap is clicked, it can't go up very far, and my ass keeps it from going down. The neoprene just aids with these factors for me, and keeps the hook lining on the belt from scratching me or my clothes up.

Overall I would recommend just because it's like having 2 belts in one, without having to buy 2 of everything. It's especially nice since I might find myself shooting in cold layers that otherwise hang over my pant's beltline.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone have a ferro bison belt. How do you like it. I’m putting together my first belt.  My second question is should I just start with a true north adaptor it’s  $40 more than the safariland mid rise. If it’s worth it I’ll get it from the start.  This is mostly for the range maybe some run and gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By markg1117:
Anyone have a ferro bison belt. How do you like it. I’m putting together my first belt.  My second question is should I just start with a true north adaptor it’s  $40 more than the safariland mid rise. If it’s worth it I’ll get it from the start.  This is mostly for the range maybe some run and gun.
View Quote

I went from being annoyed with the SL mid rise to buying the true north adaptor.

I recommend the TN adaptor

If not ive got a lightly used SL mid rise to sell you
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Dark Angel Medical is having a sale right now if you guys need supplies. 15% off

Also keep in mind it's HSA eligible

TACTICAL TAX FREE
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I was looking at TYR (really good gear) but it looks like their descriptions or the pics were mixed up unless I'm looking at something wrong? Did you run into this?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#35]
New cordura wrapped ALS
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Looks sharp. I have a yard if the old school night camo I have been meaning to wrap some holsters in but haven’t yet.

I have also been on the lookout for a ALS 1911 holster used for cheap on the EE with no luck.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Looks sharp. I have a yard if the old school night camo I have been meaning to wrap some holsters in but haven’t yet.

I have also been on the lookout for a ALS 1911 holster used for cheap on the EE with no luck.
View Quote

Im sent
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#39]
So I’m going to put kiwi mag pouches on my belt. 2 pistol and 1 or 2 ar mag pouches. My question is do you run individual pouches, double - side by side, or even the two mag and one ar mag combined pouch. Individual would be way more modular seems and like the advantage. Anyone have any advice.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#40]
So I’m going to put kiwi mag pouches on my belt. 2 pistol and 1 or 2 ar mag pouches. My question is do you run individual pouches, double - side by side, or even the two mag and one ar mag combined pouch. Individual would be way more modular seems and like the advantage. Anyone have any advice.
View Quote

You want double pistol, with the gap.

You want individual rifle
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I started with the 2x1 combo, on my other belt I went individually. Wife also has a 2x1 but I baught that one off a fellow arfcommmer.
Get the individual ones for better spacing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View All Quotes

This is the setup I was thinking of.  I like the gap for spacing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

It's much more natural. The combo is cool if you're running a 1911 or can only afford one pouch or something.

But you really do want that gap. Makes it much easier to grab
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I feel like I'm living in Page 20 with my ATS belt.

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 5:54:11 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I like this double gap pistol pouch, and I'm happy I went with a separate AR pouch. The magazine position of the vertical midlength pouch turned out to be just right for me. It would also be hard to draw the mag with my armor on if I had the short pouch.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

Received my padded inner belt conversion from wilder tactical. This thing is pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Is that belt from Eagle Industries??

Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

Exactly. The surface area alone is worth using one wrap. My gun game belt has a ton of mag pouches. The plastic belt loops or malice clips made the mag side of my belt sag because there was not enough contact with the velcro.

Guys who run minimal stuff on their belt may not have that problem, but I use One Wrap regardless.
This picture is without my angled mag pouch. That is a ton of space to lose contact with if you are doing something that requires moving.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323787/belt_jpg-2229147.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By tuckfinn35:
Is that belt from Eagle Industries??

View Quote

He ain't gonna reply. He banned
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View Quote

Lol what happened
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View Quote

Lol what happened
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top