Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 7/14/2009 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok so where is yours?

I can't remember all the prices but have rough estimates. It's still not 100% complete.

Ice molle belt. $20
Eagle duty belt. $40
6004. used $70
BFG traumi kit now with supplies. $100
TT magna pouch. $30
Eagle 2x4 fb. $60
Can't remember how much my socks cost

I cut the pistol pouches off the 2x4 because it was too bulky for my needs. If I ever learn how to sew I will repair the pistol pouches so they can be used seperately.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 1:12:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: topgunpilot20] [#2]

ATS War Belt - $40
Gould & Goodrich duty belt - Free (had is lying around)
Diamondback Tactical quad pistol mag pouch - $31
2 Diamondback Tactical short AR mag shingles - $16 each
Safariland 6377 ALS holster using the Universal Belt Loop - $25
Maxpedition RollyPoly - $25
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Space for pics, soon
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By clharr:
Ok so where is yours?

I can't remember all the prices but have rough estimates. It's still not 100% complete.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg314/clharr/DSCN0416.jpg

Ice molle belt. $20
Eagle duty belt. $40
6004. used $70
TT magna pouch. $30
Eagle 2x4 fb. $60

I cut the pistol pouches off the 2x4 because it was too bulky for my needs. If I ever learn how to sew I will repair the pistol pouches so they can be used seperately.

I have a crappy blackhawk setup and want to ditch it for one like you guys listed. Problem is I have no idea where to start. Hence the might War Belt picture thread
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Just as others,that visit this forum I bought the surplus ICE belt from Wardens Supply (i bought it when it was only $20.00), I have never used a MOLLE belt ,just a regular duty belt.
I wanted to try the MOLLE belt concept,So I put together this rig.using the ICE M4 quickdraw duoble pouch a TT vertical utility pouch two HSGI pistol mag pouches "modified" by me and a safariland holster canibal...I mean modified . After running some simple drills like  running ,climbing a fence ,going prone ,reloads and having my mother in law call my wife and asking her If I was "OK"( I was doing all this around my house ) I decided that I definitely liked the concept sooo. I ordered another ICE belt in MC  from Blackstone Tactical and a TT horizontal accessory pouch for a small IFAK. I will update this post with pics once I get it.

This is the current configuration:

IMO If you are thinking about getting one ,go ahead and get one, as long as you understand the purpose of the first line belt and keep it as light as possible you will be very happy with it.

Link Posted: 7/15/2009 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Eagle Belt Pad
Jones Tactical Cobra Belt
Tactical Kydex Pouches
CSM Dump Ouch
G-Code SOC for a 1911 w/light mounted in a UDHP:

Link Posted: 7/15/2009 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag and a placeholder for pics...
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok so where is yours?

Ice molle belt. $20
Eagle duty belt. $40
6004. used $70
TT magna pouch. $30
Eagle 2x4 fb. $60

used? man that thing didnt have a scratch on it.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By starduks:
Ok so where is yours?

Ice molle belt. $20
Eagle duty belt. $40
6004. used $70
TT magna pouch. $30
Eagle 2x4 fb. $60

used? man that thing didnt have a scratch on it.  

It does now.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
moar
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 12:52:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chiz45] [#11]

ATS war belt with ATS inner belt size Large ($60)
2x Eagle FB Glock pouches ($25 ea)
2x Eagle FB M4 pouches ($25 ea)
Spec Ops Flashlight pouch ($5)
Recce Gear Dumper ($40)
ATS Small Med ($50; add $40 for contents)
Safariland 6280 (6004 leg set up inbound; bought used for $65 total)
Maxpedition 4x6 ($18)

I wear size 32-33 jeans. I initially went with a medium, but that meant the channels started at approx 2 and 10 o'clock.  I went with a size larger so I could run the pistol mag pouches and the Maxped pouch near the front.  The ends of warbelt almost touch.  I've gone prone with this rig and it's fine.

If i were to do it again, i'd swap out the 4x6x1.5" for a 3x5x1.  The 4x6 stands off the body more than i'd like, but it's solved by not loading it full.

2012 version:
allows for wearing Camelbaks and makes sitting in vehicles easier.
ATS M4/9mm triple, Ice Tactical belt IFAK w/Sof-T TQ, QC, and Israeli bandage.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 2:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShakenNotStirred] [#12]
My primary (work rig) is almost finished . . .

PPM Duty Belt
ATS War Belt
TT Strobe/Compass Pouch w/ lensatic compass (tritium version)
FAST mag carrier w/ PMAG
Eagle FB MOLLE double pistol (M9) mag pouch
Maxpedition Mega Rolly-Poly dump pouch
TT E&E pouch
Gem-Tech lanyard
Safariland 6285 holster for M9 (w/ personal 92G onboard)
TT Multitool Pouch w/ Gerber Multipliers

My secondary (civvie rig) still has some work needed . . .

BLACKHAWK! Enhanced Military Duty Belt
ATS War Belt
FAST mag carrier w/ PMAG
Eagle FB MOLLE double pistol (M9) mag pouch
TAG Universal Pistol Magazine pouch
Safariland 6285 holster for SIG P226
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Stirred,

Is it easier to grab the mag out of the reversed pouch like that?

Ive never experimented...
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/topgunpilot20/Guns/belt_rig_01_web.jpg

ATS War Belt - $40

Cross dominant?
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShakenNotStirred] [#15]
Originally Posted By chromeluv:

It is not absolutely easier.  I am sure that someone versed in biomechanics could strongly argue that pulling up from a pouch is faster/easier, but I run my FAST-Mag that way for several reasons:

1) When operating anyway other than Hollywood or "slick" (i.e., with a just a belt and nothing else), I have found that a mag sticking up from the belt interferes with either my chest rig or my OTV, or both.

2) Even if the vertical mag isn't interfering with my gear, it's digging into my ribs when I move.

3) With the FAST-Mag inverted, the top (err, bottom) of the mag carrier is flush with the top edge of my War Belt, eliminating all clearance issues.

4) With the FAST-Mag located on my belt where it is, it is only noticeable if I pay attention to it.  It slightly rubs my upper leg when I stride, but that's it.

5) While the draw is slower, the mag is properly oriented for direct insertion in to the M4, with no twisting or turning.

Basically, I kept playing with my gear at the range until I found what worked for me.  YMMV.  I originally had the FAST-Mag a few channels back on the War Belt, where it was directly lateral from my hip and could not even rub my leg when I strode.  However, IOT get my pistol mags to clear my BFG TKN! pouch on my 2nd Line, I had to switch the FAST to the more foreward position and the mags a little further back (which puts them in a CCW/IDPA-like location, which is cool with me, since they are my secondary reloads; my main pistol reloads are on my chest).

ETA:  If you'll notice, I don't have any of the extended floorplate mags on my 1st Line either.  I am very serious about keeping the top profile of the War Belt at sleek as possible, to reduce any possible interference with my kit.  I carry the Mec-Gar 20-rd AFC mags in the gun and on the chest.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Remman:
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/topgunpilot20/Guns/belt_rig_01_web.jpg

ATS War Belt - $40

Cross dominant?

Yep.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 10:37:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sic_ness] [#17]
Originally Posted By chiz45:

That is almost exactly the setup I'm aiming for.

btw, ShakenNotStirred, what size ATS warbelt are you running in your photos?
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 1:30:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sic_ness:

btw, ShakenNotStirred, what size ATS warbelt are you running in your photos?

I believe that these are XL War Belts, and as you can see, it puts the end of the War Belt right up under the buckles for me.  I wear L/R ACU pants and was wearing 38" jeans and slacks, but I have been trimming down lately.  Once my HHG arrives, I'll have to verify that my XL War Belt still fits (though I am pretty sure that it will still ride on top of my hips properly as it did before).

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I hate to hijack the thread, but i'm curious how these belts are working out while wearing a ruck or other pack with a waist belt.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#22]
he's running 4 hsgi pistol pouches (or two doubles), and esstac single 7.62 wedge, EGL dumper, HSGI Bleeder pouch, safariland holster, ATS warbelt, and i <think> the suspenders may be dbt?
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By calicojack:
he's running 4 hsgi pistol pouches (or two doubles), and esstac single 7.62 wedge, EGL dumper, HSGI Bleeder pouch, safariland holster, ATS warbelt, and i <think> the suspenders may be dbt?

You got it. You know if anyone else knew my gear that well I'd be a little creeped out. LOL
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 2:03:46 AM EDT
[#24]
i see a strap cutter on there too...and if it is i think its the gerber one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
i see a strap cutter on there too...and if it is i think its the gerber one.

Correct. It's the one that came with the ASEK LMF II
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ShakenNotStirred:
Originally Posted By chromeluv:

It is not absolutely easier.  I am sure that someone versed in biomechanics could strongly argue that pulling up from a pouch is faster/easier, but I run my FAST-Mag that way for several reasons:

1) When operating anyway other than Hollywood or "slick" (i.e., with a just a belt and nothing else), I have found that a mag sticking up from the belt interferes with either my chest rig or my OTV, or both.

2) Even if the vertical mag isn't interfering with my gear, it's digging into my ribs when I move.

3) With the FAST-Mag inverted, the top (err, bottom) of the mag carrier is flush with the top edge of my War Belt, eliminating all clearance issues.

4) With the FAST-Mag located on my belt where it is, it is only noticeable if I pay attention to it.  It slightly rubs my upper leg when I stride, but that's it.

5) While the draw is slower, the mag is properly oriented for direct insertion in to the M4, with no twisting or turning.

Basically, I kept playing with my gear at the range until I found what worked for me.  YMMV.  I originally had the FAST-Mag a few channels back on the War Belt, where it was directly lateral from my hip and could not even rub my leg when I strode.  However, IOT get my pistol mags to clear my BFG TKN! pouch on my 2nd Line, I had to switch the FAST to the more foreward position and the mags a little further back (which puts them in a CCW/IDPA-like location, which is cool with me, since they are my secondary reloads; my main pistol reloads are on my chest).

ETA:  If you'll notice, I don't have any of the extended floorplate mags on my 1st Line either.  I am very serious about keeping the top profile of the War Belt at sleek as possible, to reduce any possible interference with my kit.  I carry the Mec-Gar 20-rd AFC mags in the gun and on the chest.

Hey man, thanks for the detailed response...makes sense
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 6:35:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: calicojack] [#27]

ats sleeve
osoe h-suspenders
osoe cobra belt
osoe rallyman rifle pouch
emdom dump pouch
emdom 6o4 pistol pouch
safariland 6004 (soon to be replaced with nylon)
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#28]

I need new pics, I have moved stuff and changed rifle pouches.  I am now running TT 3 AR mag pouches.  They hold 2 ak mags or 3 ar.  I keep 2 AR.  I also have changed and upgraded to a different med pouch, way better.  I can still sit in a car wearing all this with no issues and depending on the car, still draw as well.  The knives dont always stay on as I dont need them as much.
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#29]
you forced me to update my pics

This is my light 9mm rig.  Since I run my g19 with a light 24/7 I dont use this rig and just decided to dump the current holster and go with a g21w trl hoslter to make a match.

this is my go to rig that is used all the time med pouch is battle lab and I really like it.

no light since I carry a flash light in my back pocket everywhere and have a light on the rifle, pistol and a spare light on each chest rig....

this is a friends.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#30]
what website is good for ATS
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 8:24:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: calicojack] [#31]
Originally Posted By stretch415:

Blackstone tactical
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Blackstone tactical

any reason why they are $25 more than other websites Ive seen? Im looking for a site that carries them and others like tacital tailor and others so I can get the belt/inner belt/and pouches all in one place
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Blackstone tactical

any reason why they are $25 more than other websites Ive seen?

They probably pay retail and have to jack up the price to make money, instead of being a dealer and getting dealer pricing.
I bought mine from ATS, and had it in about a week.
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 9:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: calicojack] [#35]

Blackstone tactical

any reason why they are $25 more than other websites Ive seen? Im looking for a site that carries them and others like tacital tailor and others so I can get the belt/inner belt/and pouches all in one place

on what product? the ats warbelt is the same price on his site, as it is on ATS's site. AND he'll ship it for free. AND he has great customer service. I used to shop with optactical (who also has the ats products) but chicky chic didnt word things accurarately a couple of times, so now i deal with charles at blackstone, steve at triad, and the guys over at TRG.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#36]
i can vouch for charles at blackstone; he is slowly making his way to the top of my list.
-Joe
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

I go right to the source ATS Tactical Gear

Supply Captain is an ATS dealer, has below MSRP pricing, and offers a .MIL discount.  He is my source of choice for ATS gear.
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Blackstone tactical

OP Tactical is a great one-stop shopping place for tactical gear with great prices. They often have things in stock (particularly multicam stuff) that even manufacturers don't have in stock. Their customer service is great, too. They carry ATS, TT, Eagle, HSGI, all the major brands there.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Here's a few quick pics of my battle belt. I have it set up mainly for knocking around out in the boonies, but I think it would work pretty well in a SHTF role as well. Both pouches can serve double duty to support an AR or my shotgun which was a main goal. I still need an IFAK when funds allow, and I decide which one to run. So far I've just run around the house with it, but seems good so far.

ICE Battle Belt in multicam.
ICE Patrol Belt in coyote.
G-Code Operational series holster (with drop adapter) for a Glock 34 in foliage green. I'm running my 17L 'cause I like it, and I added a little shock cord retention.
SpecOps X2 Utility/Mag pouch in coyote (thanks again variable1)
Maxpedition M-1 waistpack. It'll hold 2 G17 mags in the front w/ the shock cord fairly secure, and I can stash 12ga or whatever in the main zipper pouch.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:

Blackstone tactical

OP Tactical is a great one-stop shopping place for tactical gear with great prices. They often have things in stock (particularly multicam stuff) that even manufacturers don't have in stock. Their customer service is great, too. They carry ATS, TT, Eagle, HSGI, all the major brands there.

Thanks for the link. I wanted a different brand inner belt but didnt want to place a order at 2 seperate places.
Link Posted: 7/24/2009 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Tag for the day I'm back stateside.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#42]
what do you all recommend for holsters? Id prefer not to get a model specific one in case my sidearm changes but I currently have a service model(4") XD9 w/surefire x300
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#43]
what do you all recommend for holsters? Id prefer not to get a model specific one in case my sidearm changes but I currently have a service model(4") XD9 w/surefire x300

Do you want a drop leg, low ride / offset, or standard belt config? Too many to configs and models to choose from.

FWIW I also have a 4" XD and use a Bladetech offset on ATS war belt. Bladetech will make just about any holster you want for any firearm, with or without light. For me a standard belt holster rides too high, and I dislike drop leg / thigh holsters, as even the most steady tend to flop around a bit when you run. YMMV quite a bit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 10:23:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harv24] [#44]
Some of you are wearing some pretty humongous GP/IFAK pouches on your belts.... Are you expecting the need to conduct surgery at the range....?

Know wonder  folks needs suspenders...
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:

Do you want a drop leg, low ride / offset, or standard belt config? Too many to configs and models to choose from.

FWIW I also have a 4" XD and use a Bladetech offset on ATS war belt. Bladetech will make just about any holster you want for any firearm, with or without light. For me a standard belt holster rides too high, and I dislike drop leg / thigh holsters, as even the most steady tend to flop around a bit when you run. YMMV quite a bit.

@ fisterkev, if you go with a truly non-specific holster, you will be greatly sacrificing ease of reholstering and the application of your retention device with one hand.  Basically, you'll have a holster good for hunting, but not for tactical work.  You need a holster dedicated to your gun to assure retention and the ability to reholster one-handed.  If you change guns, sell your holster with the gun.

@ stretch415, would you mind posting up pix of your Bladetech holster?  I run a Safariland 6285, which is has a 1.5" drop from the belt, and I've added two t-spacers to move the holster body further out from my hip, and it works very well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Question, is there a way to attach a Serpa holster to a MOLLE type battle belt?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By godzillamax:
Question, is there a way to attach a Serpa holster to a MOLLE type battle belt?

godzillamax, I would recommend that you sell your Serpa and get a Safariland or Bladetech holster.

Read this thread, where Paul Gomez presents first-hand information on the failures and weaknesses of the Serpa.  The thread provides links to other first-hand accounts of the problems with Serpas.

BLUF, they are dangerous.  They don't always fail, but they have enough negatives to be considered, that they just aren't worth the money you pay for them.  It greatly aggravates me that the Army is issuing these to Soldiers.  I refuse to use one, and will pay for my own SFL holsters.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
No one folks needs suspenders...

Usually for a belt load Suspenders arent neccessary unless you are fatter then your hips, my belt rests snug and comfortable on my hips, now if you have a beer gut and are so fat that the belt wont stay up with out suspenders perhaps one should lose some weight.....
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Hawkeye:

You wouldnt happen to have a good source for the T spacers would you....?

Your Google-Fu is weak, Hawkeye!!  

http://www.copquest.com/23-2450.htm
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top