Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 11:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazyWhiteGuy] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ambu:
I've tried using the search feature, but can anyone tell me if there is any m249 SAW kit set-ups for the FLC in this 48 page thread?
And if there are, any idea what page range there was to help me narrow my searching?
View Quote

I have set up around twenty or thirty 249 SAW FLCs over the past 8 years. What questions did you have?
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sic_ness:
Fireforce has me scratching my head. They seem to offer ANYTHING you want in ANY color you can imagine.
The photos on their scant website are usually lifted from other retailers websites

Seems they manufacture copies of other makers gear, to undercut them on govt bids.
I know that's definitely the case for the Eagle-developed DF-LCS.
I also recall they got a contract for Coyote M4 mag pouches (another Eagle replica.) The flaps all faded to white and are everywhere on the surplus market.

If I had cash to blow, I'd order a bunch of stuff from Fireforce just to compare it to the 'originals'
View Quote

I was able to get some of those pouches in NEW condition. I like hem, but they do fade and look like crap.

Link Posted: 5/17/2014 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I noticed something on my FLC. The PALS stitching on the breasts of the vest seems...fragile. If you take the edge of a PALS strip and try to pull it away from the mesh of the vest, the thread stitching will actually break at the very ends and start to separate. This has the SDS label on the inside, but it was bought off Amazon, are the knock-offs knocking off the mfg label too now? Or does this happen with all FLC's?
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nightshade1:
I noticed something on my FLC. The PALS stitching on the breasts of the vest seems...fragile. If you take the edge of a PALS strip and try to pull it away from the mesh of the vest, the thread stitching will actually break at the very ends and start to separate. This has the SDS label on the inside, but it was bought off Amazon, are the knock-offs knocking off the mfg label too now? Or does this happen with all FLC's?
View Quote

On the few I have looked at. And mind you it's only a few.Less than 20 or so. It seems that a decent number may have been seconds. Or rejected for minor variances. the one I had and used until upgrading to a TT MAV. had one row of PALs webbing narrower than the rest. But was perfect everywhere else. For the price I did not care. Now if my MAV or it's X Harness were a bit off.......
Link Posted: 5/17/2014 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:

On the few I have looked at. And mind you it's only a few.Less than 20 or so. It seems that a decent number may have been seconds. Or rejected for minor variances. the one I had and used until upgrading to a TT MAV. had one row of PALs webbing narrower than the rest. But was perfect everywhere else. For the price I did not care. Now if my MAV or it's X Harness were a bit off.......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YoteSlayer69:
Originally Posted By nightshade1:

I've had several issued ones with a mini pals row. Super annoying, and I usually ran the seatbelt cutter through that one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 11:02:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Mixture if standard USGI and Tac Tailor pouches.  Pretty comfortable rig to me
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 12:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Question:  I have a new flc and it is well built, stiff and noisy.  I would like to set one up for night hunting so I can have calls, ir lights, magnifier etc all together.

Do well used ones soften up and get quieter?
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mountain_guy:
Question:  I have a new flc and it is well built, stiff and noisy.  I would like to set one up for night hunting so I can have calls, ir lights, magnifier etc all together.

Do well used ones soften up and get quieter?
View Quote

Throw it in the washer for a couple of cycles. If you are concerned about this sort of thing, the Army published a list of detergents that do not contain fabric brighteners. This may be an issue as, for example, dear have a considerable amount of their visual spectrum in the UV range.

Neither of my FLCs have this problem, though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Can anybody please detail, how to go about turning this into a chest rig for me??  Thanks..
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Get one with a zipper and take the belt out and turn it around putting the buckle in the back
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By a43mranger:
Get one with a zipper and take the belt out and turn it around putting the buckle in the back
View Quote

I've go a couple of these like this style.  So basically all you get rid of, is the back belt part really?  What is the advantage of this?  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RangemasterP226:
My AR FLC (ACU) and my AK FLC (CB).  I have everything to build a third one for my M1A except for the rifle mag pouches.  I love these things!

I think I'll build a few more for the family.  USGI issue pistol mag pouches are kinda hard to find for MOLLE FLCs, not sure why.  

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/RangemasterP226/photo-11.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/RangemasterP226/photo-12.jpg

View Quote

What rifle pouches are on the Coyote??  Those things are huge!  I like em!
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By xcibes:

<a href="http://s23.photobucket.com/user/xcibes/media/Uniforms%20and%20Gear/MOLLE/COYOTE/20140222_084330_zpszxtrfg5u.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379/xcibes/Uniforms%20and%20Gear/MOLLE/COYOTE/20140222_084330_zpszxtrfg5u.jpg</a>
View Quote

How much slack do those pistol mag pouches have? Will they fit a 17-round CZ-75 mag, or do they barely close over a standard Beretta mag?
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Hatr40:

I've go a couple of these like this style.  So basically all you get rid of, is the back belt part really?  What is the advantage of this?  Thanks for the info!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By a43mranger:

Allows you to mount a larger pouch- say a triple mag pouch- across the front (and thus over the zipper, disallowing the zipper's use) while still allowing it to be donned and doffed. Personally, I think a three mag pouch on on the support side and a single on the other side is a comfortable arrangement.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 3:13:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Can anybody please detail, how to go about turning this into a chest rig for me??  Thanks..
View Quote

Page 12

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet has some of the zippered FLCs in Coyote.  New condition.  Not cheap, though.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Old Grouch has brand new woodland FLC's for $13.95 + shipping. The one I just received was made by SDS. It has the #10 YKK zipper & like I say, is brand new. Plus he's a site sponsor.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By loon_138:
Here is my green vest:
http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/loon_138/100_0293.jpg

one box of RIT dark green powder, cup of salt, in about 2 1/2 gallons of hot water.  let sit about an hour or so

that picture makes it look a lot lighter than it really is, here it is on some multicam:
http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww280/loon_138/100_0295.jpg

in person, it actually looks alot closer to the green in mc than it shows.  Im very impressed with it, and will be doing a desert tan camelback and assualt pack soon

this definately turned out better than my last "brown" one
View Quote

That just convinced me to order one of these of Amazon along with a box of Rit dark green dye.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
So I was reading up on the Army getting new uniforms. It said they were looking for a company to come up with a way to dye the old ACUs Coyote Brown to save on getting rid of all them. Do you think the process will transfer over to FLCs? I've got a DCU one completed, but the ACU ones are all over the place and pretty cheap. Wouldn't mind picking up a couple to have just because. If I can dye them a legit Coyote Brown, that'd be pretty cool.

If nothing else, I could probably just pick one up and do some RIT dye experimentation like many of you have.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By USMS2011:
So I was reading up on the Army getting new uniforms. It said they were looking for a company to come up with a way to dye the old ACUs Coyote Brown to save on getting rid of all them. Do you think the process will transfer over to FLCs? I've got a DCU one completed, but the ACU ones are all over the place and pretty cheap. Wouldn't mind picking up a couple to have just because. If I can dye them a legit Coyote Brown, that'd be pretty cool.

If nothing else, I could probably just pick one up and do some RIT dye experimentation like many of you have.
View Quote

raf's got a thread going on about this as we speak.

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Augee:

~Augee
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Augee:
Originally Posted By USMS2011:

~Augee

Link?

I've got horribly variable results with RIT dyes. Like dying a surplus mag pouch from Desert to Green and ending up with part of it being bright lime green and another part of the same pouch being a deep bluish green. I can't imagine it working well with one dye on lots of different gear.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I like this thread, but some of the comments seem more like gay men fighting over what color sweater matches their eyes than warriors trying to create battle effective gear.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Iram:

Link?

I've got horribly variable results with RIT dyes. Like dying a surplus mag pouch from Desert to Green and ending up with part of it being bright lime green and another part of the same pouch being a deep bluish green. I can't imagine it working well with one dye on lots of different gear.
View All Quotes

Link?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_10/429475_On_Dyeing_with_Rit_Dye.html&page=2&anc=4105483#i4105483

Originally Posted By Morg308:
I like this thread, but some of the comments seem more like gay men fighting over what color sweater matches their eyes than warriors trying to create battle effective gear.

Personally I like the "which black receivers match best?" threads in AR "Tech."  

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By KNDAKGEAR:
Woodland FLC,4x USMC M4 pouches,medic pouch,Eagle hydro carrier,and a sustainment pouch.

<a href="http://s87.photobucket.com/user/CDALY05/media/IMG_8380_zps6fcf5a15.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k140/CDALY05/IMG_8380_zps6fcf5a15.jpg</a>
View Quote

Is there a how-to for attaching that hydration pouch?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By olekennyroy:

View All Quotes
Woodland FLC,4x USMC M4 pouches,medic pouch,Eagle hydro carrier,and a sustainment pouch.

<a href="http://s87.photobucket.com/user/CDALY05/media/IMG_8380_zps6fcf5a15.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k140/CDALY05/IMG_8380_zps6fcf5a15.jpg</a>

Easier done that explained but here goes. I attached 1" webbing to the hydro carrier using D-rings at the top. This webbing then went down the shoulder to the front of the FLC. I looped it under the top row of PALS and laced it back up through a 1" slide to secure. Later on I sewed a length of webbing horizontally across the shoulders to help keep everything in place. Clear as mud?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Easier done that explained but here goes. I attached 1" webbing to the hydro carrier using D-rings at the top. This webbing then went down the shoulder to the front of the FLC. I looped it under the top row of PALS and laced it back up through a 1" slide to secure. Later on I sewed a length of webbing horizontally across the shoulders to help keep everything in place. Clear as mud?
View All Quotes

Actually not a bad description. I understand how you did it. Kinda have me jonesing to pick up another FLC just do something like this.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Are you guys that are using the FLC attaching a water bladder directly to the vest, or just wearing the vest over a standard camelback?

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:27:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Picked up some flashbang pouches for my FLC, and they fit my 20's perfectly.  Thought it may be of some help to somebody looking.  If it's old news, disregard.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Picked up some flashbang pouches for my FLC, and they fit my 20's perfectly.  Thought it may be of some help to somebody looking.  If it's old news, disregard.
View Quote

Link? Pic?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: polecat30] [#30]
Well, I for one fucking hate the FLC. But, here is a set up I cobbled together out of the closet of leftover shit from after I switched to a TT MAP.

Excuse the iPotato pic.

Left to right, IFAK, bang pouch with TQ in it and shears on leash behind it, 4 double mag pouches, TT Nalgene pouch.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Heres a dumb question for those that know - and yes i do have a FLC that i could try this on, but i dont wanna undo all the shit on it just to see, plus im at work lol  

Does the belt portion come all the way off? like could you wear just the belt itself? im thinking free dcu warbelt!  i know it has the big ol buckle on the front, but if it does come out, i may pick up another flc for cheap just for this reason!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By mediumdaddy:
Heres a dumb question for those that know - and yes i do have a FLC that i could try this on, but i dont wanna undo all the shit on it just to see, plus im at work lol  

Does the belt portion come all the way off? like could you wear just the belt itself? im thinking free dcu warbelt!  i know it has the big ol buckle on the front, but if it does come out, i may pick up another flc for cheap just for this reason!
View Quote

Yes, the belt comes out.  

A "popular" method of making the FLCII into a low-cost chest rig is to pull the belt out, and reverse it so it buckles in the back.

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red2Golf] [#33]
------------------------------
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#35]
September 18 only, USRO 50% off "survival gear". Buckle front Woodland FLC's for <$7.00

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/Survival-Preparedness-s/337.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=337&show=100&page=1
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
September 18 only, USRO 50% off "survival gear". Buckle front Woodland FLC's for <$7.00

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/Survival-Preparedness-s/337.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=337&show=100&page=1
View Quote

The $13 Woodland FLCs are all sold out but they're showing 8 of the $23 ones left.  $11.49 is still a great price though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By R2point0:

View Quote

Same thing, only today with "bags and packs."  But they reclassified almost everything from the last sale into that category.  So FLC's.  AND a "ranger" radio backpack that I *think* is basically an updated ALICE Medium.  Off to crosspost in Raf's other domain...

http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/Packs-Duffles-and-Pouches-s/269.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=269&show=100&page=1
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#38]
I bought a set of these for a radio project, thought I'd post if anyone could use-YMMV

$8.75 a pair (Side Plate Pocket by Eagle)

http://www.amazon.com/Military-MOLLE-Utility-Pocket-Coyote/dp/B00BJ4EH5K/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_8

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Question for those with the FLC.

Can it be made to ride high enough to clear a MOLLE kidney pad?

I am trying to set something up that I can wear with my soon to be Hellcat pack mods.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

I am trying to set something up that I can wear with my soon to be Hellcat pack mods.

Thanks!
View Quote

I guess that depends on your personal size. If you are really small, it might be iffy, but if you are a bigger fellar, like myself, I think you will find that the FLC has a LOT of adjustment. As far as being enough to ride higher than your kidney belt, I would say just get one and give it a try. they are really cheap, so on the off chance that it doesnt work, you wont be out much. FWIW, Im about 6'2 and about 270 lbs, and i can adjust mine enough to clear my warbelt.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#41]

I guess that depends on your personal size. If you are really small, it might be iffy, but if you are a bigger fellar, like myself, I think you will find that the FLC has a LOT of adjustment. As far as being enough to ride higher than your kidney belt, I would say just get one and give it a try. they are really cheap, so on the off chance that it doesnt work, you wont be out much. FWIW, Im about 6'2 and about 270 lbs, and i can adjust mine enough to clear my warbelt.
View All Quotes

Thanks!

5'11" and 175 - 180.

I just don't want to end up having to modify it to work like I did with my issued ALICE pack and LCE/LBV where we could never use the waist belt to put the load on the hips.

I think I'd love a 2 piece MAV, but seeing as how I can get the FLC with pouched for less than just the MAV...
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#42]

5'11" and 175 - 180.

I just don't want to end up having to modify it to work like I did with my issued ALICE pack and LCE/LBV where we could never use the waist belt to put the load on the hips.

I think I'd love a 2 piece MAV, but seeing as how I can get the FLC with pouched for less than just the MAV...
View All Quotes

Thanks!

5'11" and 175 - 180.

I'm 6'.  If I adjust the FLC down enough that it might get into the MOLLE ruck's kidney belt, the FLC will let me know that I've got it adjusted completely wrong, by digging into the back of my neck.

If you've got stuff hanging off the bottom of the FLC, I could see some potential for issues, but the MOLLE ruck and MOLLE FLC don't seem to have any interference issues (except possibly the sternum strap?), if it's set up similar to the manual.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JPN:

I'm 6'.  If I adjust the FLC down enough that it might get into the MOLLE ruck's kidney belt, the FLC will let me know that I've got it adjusted completely wrong, by digging into the back of my neck.

If you've got stuff hanging off the bottom of the FLC, I could see some potential for issues, but the MOLLE ruck and MOLLE FLC don't seem to have any interference issues (except possibly the sternum strap?), if it's set up similar to the manual.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

Thanks!

5'11" and 175 - 180.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Iram] [#44]
Has anyone ever tried modifying and wearing one of these backwards as a pseudo-battlebelt with integrated hydration on the back?

EDIT: More I think about it the more I think it's a stupid question, but has anyone done it? I'm thinking something similiar to this paintball vest, except with molle on the belt:

Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Bump to keep alive
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone ever tried modifying and wearing one of these backwards as a pseudo-battlebelt with integrated hydration on the back?

EDIT: More I think about it the more I think it's a stupid question, but has anyone done it? I'm thinking something similiar to this paintball vest, except with molle on the belt:
http://www.discountpaintball.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/650-270-32193-R.jpg&maxx=280&maxy=0
View Quote

Both my woodland and ACU one were switchy flipped around to make a battle belt thing. It was more practical, more uncomfortable, and I ended up replacing the ACU one with a TAG acu gunners harness that held mostly the same stuff and had the lower back open for a ruck.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:04:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N6ATF] [#47]
Not sure if I should necro, because I'm looking for a solid black or tan SDS/BAE FLC that's sold new for about the same price as the DCU ($12.58), not >$50. Google not being my friend for this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:36:03 AM EDT
[#48]
eBay has USMC Coyote Brown for decent prices:

New : 26.94 shipped

Used: 17.59 shipped
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:11:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: N6ATF] [#49]
Originally Posted By 556Texas:

View Quote

But still, just about double the price, new and new, to be a solid color (no camo=less manufacturing process required).
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 556Texas:

View Quote

Be a little careful on that.

I recently got a coyote FLC in error (ordered a mag pouch on amazon...got a FLC...contacted amazon support and paid the difference).

The FLC had no tags at all. No indication of who made it. The materials all seemed right and there was no wear on the fabric, but the stitching was horrible. I must have spent close to five hours clipping loose threads and melting ends.

I'm not sure if it was a factory second or a chinese knockoff, but for the $17 I spent I'd say it was worth the money.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top