BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By raf:

Not decided on the issue, but I tend to prefer the now-unobtainable Super FLCs from SDS, which have zipper fronts, augmented anti-sweat inner lining. and anti-chafe material around the collar.  Other than that, similar to MOLLE III vests.
View Quote

Tactical Advantage has the Super FLC listed as 'in stock' on their website.

I've only tried the zippered MOLLE III, so I don't have an opinion on the earlier versions or the Super FLC.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both the MOLLE II and III FLCs. I prefer the zipper closure of the III. I'll get some pictures of both sometime soon.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Yeah, I know, but somehow they tripled the price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

Not decided on the issue, but I tend to prefer the now-unobtainable Super FLCs from SDS, which have zipper fronts, augmented anti-sweat inner lining. and anti-chafe material around the collar.  Other than that, similar to MOLLE III vests.

Tactical Advantage has the Super FLC listed as 'in stock' on their website.

I've only tried the zippered MOLLE III, so I don't have an opinion on the earlier versions or the Super FLC.

Yeah, I know, but somehow they tripled the price.

Being more expensive than the regular zippered FLC, is probably the main reason I haven't tried it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#5]
It would be interesting to poll the members as to whether they prefer the (1) Original MOLLE I vest with buckle front and vertically adjustable waist belt, or (2) the MOLLE II vest with buckle front and attached (but reversible) waist belt, or the MOLLE III zippered vest with  (reversible) waist belt.
View Quote

Never used anything but the Molle II and that I reversed and used as a chest rig.

But it definitely beats the old LBE for long term comfort.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Molle II and III are the same but with a zipper. The III has slightly more flexibility due to being able to use as a close front vest for gunners and such. For most though, no difference.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By nipster74:

Never used anything but the Molle II and that I reversed and used as a chest rig.

View All Quotes
It would be interesting to poll the members as to whether they prefer the (1) Original MOLLE I vest with buckle front and vertically adjustable waist belt, or (2) the MOLLE II vest with buckle front and attached (but reversible) waist belt, or the MOLLE III zippered vest with  (reversible) waist belt.

I think the old alice shit is more comfy, though significantly less flexible/customizable
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lew:
I have both the MOLLE II and III FLCs. I prefer the zipper closure of the III. I'll get some pictures of both sometime soon.
View Quote

Funny, I prefer the non-zippered version, but I don't run it as a chest carrier. I can see advantages to both setups. For me it really comes into it's own with a minimum of gear, as a lightweight, throw-on 'get out of dodge' setup for civilians. I want to dye one black. When loaded with the same amount of gear as a War belt / 1st line gear, I think it excels. I think trying to carry too much on it overloads the system. 4 rifle mags, handgun, 2 or 3 mags for handgun, IFAK and maybe a cell phone or GPS admin pocket are about all I plan to run on one.

I bought several used ones, and I think they are great to setup for individual weapons - for example, I want to set one up just to carry shotshells and a holster for a 1911, with a 3-mag carrier for the 1911, that's all. Bumps in the night, throw on the vest and be G2G. This is where I think these things really excel. Otherwise I prefer a slighter stiffer setup like my modified Dutch LBV. Keeping the FLC lightly loaded (no canteens etc.) so you can just jump in a vehicle and go is a good idea IMO. If you have to go heavy, go heavy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CrazyWhiteGuy:
Molle II and III are the same but with a zipper. The III has slightly more flexibility due to being able to use as a close front vest for gunners and such. For most though, no difference.
View Quote

My FLCs have the front zipper and  mid chest and waist buckles and they all say MOLLE II on them.  I have never seen one marked MOLLE III
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:

My FLCs have the front zipper and  mid chest and waist buckles and they all say MOLLE II on them.  I have never seen one marked MOLLE III
View All Quotes

You're correct, I must only have Molle I (unlabeled, no zipper) and molle II (labeled, zipper)

Whats molle III? The new MC BOAR ripoff?
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#11]

I think the old alice shit is more comfy, though significantly less flexible/customizable
View All Quotes

I don't know. I humped a 60 and can tell you that with all the ammo weight the LBE wasn't none to comfortable.  But it did get better when all I carried was an M-16.  

I guess it comes down to feeling that the LBE dug into my shoulders all the time and the Molle (again set up a chest rig) distributes the weight more evenly across my shoulders and hips.

Link Posted: 2/28/2014 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#12]

You're correct, I must only have Molle I (unlabeled, no zipper) and molle II (labeled, zipper)

View All Quotes

Seems to be some variation between the official terminology, and terminology some people use when discussing changes that were made without a change in the official 'generations'.

Some of the MOLLE components seems to have gone through various changes without an official change in the terminology, while some of the ALICE components leave me scratching my head trying to figure out what the difference is between LC1 and LC2 of that component.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I've only used the zipper front LBV, but it has the buckles too.  I prefer to keep it zipped if I can, it feels a lot more stable and doesn't shift around on me as much.  If its really hot out I switch to the buckles to allow more air flow around me, and if its cold enough out to wear a jacket I have to use the buckles to get the LBV to fit.  As its fitted kinda tight to me with just an ACU blouse on, if I wear a goretex parka too the zipper won't zip up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 12:56:58 AM EDT
[#15]
As usual, Arfcom ends up costing me money, albeit this stuff is a pretty good value. I got a wooland vest and velcro double mag pouches, and a DCU rifleman set that should be here later on this week. I did get a funny look from the gf as I was jamming stuff into a dye filled 5 gallon bucket in the bathtub earlier tonight. The good news is Rit dye will not stain my bathtub!

I dyed a molle ruck sleep system carrier, waistband and straps, and a set of coyote Spec ops saw pouches. The mix was about 3.5 gallons of water and 3/4 bottle of Rit dark green dye, and apple cider vinegar (hey its all I had), and left to sit for a half hour per batch.  The rucksack parts and saw pouches definitely came out greener, and the outer edging, velcro, and stitching of the Spec Ops pouches came out an awesome dark OD color. My bathroom still smelled like vinegar 4 hours later. The waistband was the hardest thing to keep underwater, next time I do something like that I'll use a wide tupperware tote. Overall, while not having a huge effect on the nylon pieces of gear, the dye definitely gave the gear a different greener appearance which works better around here; I thought came out awesome.

Does anyone have an easy method to getting the main ruck attachment clips off the frame? They were being a PITA, and I'll have more to dye by this weekend, so I put off messing with it further. The sleep system clips came off rather easy, but those on the main bag didn't want to budge.

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 7:54:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Seems to be some variation between the official terminology, and terminology some people use when discussing changes that were made without a change in the official 'generations'.

Some of the MOLLE components seems to have gone through various changes without an official change in the terminology, while some of the ALICE components leave me scratching my head trying to figure out what the difference is between LC1 and LC2 of that component.
View All Quotes

That's true. Between 2005 and 2013 I had two Alice sets issued (wasn't paying enough attention to gear to notice differences) two BDU issues (molle I and II) , one DCU Issue (molle II) four ACU draws, one ACU RIF, one MC RFI.

We noticed regularly that certain sets or systems would have things modified. For instance on the GEN III cold/wet weather systems, the soft shells (windbreaker, marshmallow suit, and fleece) would have the rank on one side while other folks had theirs on the other.

The duck vests would occasionally have differences that we would find while setting up a new joes kit.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Just bought two. Thinking about what pouches to put on them now, thinking the doulbe-M4 mag pouches AR500armor sell.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Woodland FLC,4x USMC M4 pouches,medic pouch,Eagle hydro carrier,and a sustainment pouch.

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KNDAKGEAR:
Woodland FLC,4x USMC M4 pouches,medic pouch,Eagle hydro carrier,and a sustainment pouch.

<a href="http://s87.photobucket.com/user/CDALY05/media/IMG_8380_zps6fcf5a15.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k140/CDALY05/IMG_8380_zps6fcf5a15.jpg</a>
View Quote

I like the Coyote USMC stuff a lot, particularly the M4 pouches.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 12:20:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mediumdaddy] [#21]
I just got a brand new in the plastic desert camo FLC off amazon for 8.50, with about 5 bucks shipping. shipping was lightning fast to. Just a heads up!
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Morg308:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morg308:

<a href="http://s87.photobucket.com/user/CDALY05/media/IMG_8380_zps6fcf5a15.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k140/CDALY05/IMG_8380_zps6fcf5a15.jpg</a>

Have you got a good source for surplus USMC coyote stuff?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Have you got a good source for surplus USMC coyote stuff?
View Quote

Just search "molle pouches usmc" on ebay. It's all on there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Are those double-double pouches, or just two single pouches side by side?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By nightshade1:
View Quote

They are double mag pouches. I picked them up used at Uncle Sam's (Thanks Raf!),for maybe $2 each.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 5:49:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#26]
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#27]

They are double mag pouches. I picked them up used at Uncle Sam's (Thanks Raf!),for maybe $2 each.
View All Quotes

Something else I just thought of, will those pouches accommodate unconventionally-dimensioned mags such as the MSAR or Lancer mags?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Something else I just thought of, will those pouches accommodate unconventionally-dimensioned mags such as the MSAR or Lancer mags?
View All Quotes

I don't think so. With a pair of aluminum mags inserted,the pouch is pretty snug. Not sure if the Lancer?MSAR mags are thicker or not on the lower half.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:

NVM, I found it.  it was Archived.
View Quote

can you link it here for the threads sake? thx
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
There used to be a thread in this forum about a chest harness from USRO without straps.

I have the Hydration Carriers now to go with two of these chest rigs that came with no straps.  I need that thread in order to set them up.  Raf, do you remember it?  I know you were posting in it.  Can you find it?  I have had no luck trying to search it up.

NVM, I found it.  it was Archived.
View Quote

I'd like to know that link.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#32]

I don't think so. With a pair of aluminum mags inserted,the pouch is pretty snug. Not sure if the Lancer?MSAR mags are thicker or not on the lower half.
View All Quotes

I was able to use mini-14 30 rounds mags, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

I found some on eBay and now I'm wanting to sell my FLC's. And I bet those integral pouches hold MSAR mags just fine.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:32:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sic_ness] [#34]
The TAP pockets are plenty wide for poly mags, however the flaps that go over the top of the mags are likely too short. They just barely cover Magpul Pmags. Not sure about other poly mags, which are usually bigger than AR mags.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By sic_ness:
The TAP pockets are plenty wide for poly mags, however the flaps that go over the top of the mags are likely too short. They just barely cover Magpul Pmags. Not sure about other poly mags, which are usually bigger than AR mags.
View Quote

I ordered one of the USMC vests off ebay, was $60 shipped for the whole kit, brand new still in the wrap, the accessory straps tucked in the middle admin pouch. I really like this, after I combine it with the hydro carrier I'll really really like this. MSAR mags are just too wide [front strap to the back strap] to fit. to fit in the pockets, unless alternating them with slimmer magazines. Israeli Orlites work fine though.

*I know its the FLc thread but the USMC carrier thread is archived.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Can someone explain the benefit of modifying the FLC to put the buckle in the back and make into a chest rig?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I came here for the pic's and all i got was a photo bucket ad telling you to go use imgur.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
Can someone explain the benefit of modifying the FLC to put the buckle in the back and make into a chest rig?
View Quote

Chest rig is, IMO, easier to get on and off.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
View Quote

Popular for turret gunners/hatch gunners who want to be able to scoot in and out of a hatch without getting caught up on shit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Has anybody tried an FLC from this company? They have them in a lot of colors/patterns. I believe it the same company that makes some of the current issue USMC gear.

http://fireforceusa.com/vests/8728.htm
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Has anybody tried an FLC from this company? They have them in a lot of colors/patterns. I believe it the same company that makes some of the current issue USMC gear.

http://fireforceusa.com/vests/8728.htm
View Quote

They look like the surplus ones, and while all things being equal $50 is fair for the vest, there's lots of surplus floating around still. Hey not buy a surplus desert-camo one off ebay or amazon and dye it a darker color?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#42]
They look the same but they are new and in unavailable colors. OD.ranger green,marpat,multicam,etc. Buying what you want in the first place vs making do with the next best thing may appeal to some folks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#43]
who wouldnt love a shiny new flc in multicam....except i wont pay 50 bucks for one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Fireforce has me scratching my head. They seem to offer ANYTHING you want in ANY color you can imagine.
The photos on their scant website are usually lifted from other retailers websites

Seems they manufacture copies of other makers gear, to undercut them on govt bids.
I know that's definitely the case for the Eagle-developed DF-LCS.
I also recall they got a contract for Coyote M4 mag pouches (another Eagle replica.) The flaps all faded to white and are everywhere on the surplus market.

If I had cash to blow, I'd order a bunch of stuff from Fireforce just to compare it to the 'originals'
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#45]
The FLC is pretty much "okay" for a fighting rig. But it's good for rucking with gear because you can front-strap it and leave the lower back unbuckled, so it's basically dangling off your shoulders with nothing on your lower back, then you're free to use the hip-pad on your rucksack.
Of course, that still doesn't take care of the nice 3" knife cutting edge of webbing on your neck/shoulders that the FLC has, but I s'pose beggars can't be choosers.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I really wish the above posted pic was either bigger, or closer in so i could see how you are wearing the flc. Having not been in the .mil, I can only read stuff on the net, but I understand that when properly worn, the flc sits high on the chest. Like the US on it sits up on my shoulder, almost so high that it could be easily seen from above me. I wear it this high, so i can also wear my war belt. is this right or wrong? does it really matter?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:18:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Morg308] [#48]
Originally Posted By steve-oh:
The FLC is pretty much "okay" for a fighting rig. But it's good for rucking with gear because you can front-strap it and leave the lower back unbuckled, so it's basically dangling off your shoulders with nothing on your lower back, then you're free to use the hip-pad on your rucksack.
Of course, that still doesn't take care of the nice 3" knife cutting edge of webbing on your neck/shoulders that the FLC has, but I s'pose beggars can't be choosers.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1.0-9/1175735_10101026360651999_821857_n.jpg

View Quote

What kind of carbines are those? I don't recognize them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sic_ness:
Fireforce has me scratching my head. They seem to offer ANYTHING you want in ANY color you can imagine.
The photos on their scant website are usually lifted from other retailers websites

Seems they manufacture copies of other makers gear, to undercut them on govt bids.
I know that's definitely the case for the Eagle-developed DF-LCS.
I also recall they got a contract for Coyote M4 mag pouches (another Eagle replica.) The flaps all faded to white and are everywhere on the surplus market.

If I had cash to blow, I'd order a bunch of stuff from Fireforce just to compare it to the 'originals'
View Quote

That is what has me curious as I have some of those bleached white mag pouches too. The webbing they used for flaps was crappy to say the least. Anyway I may just be the guinea pig on this deal,a Ranger green FLC is calling my name.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I've tried using the search feature, but can anyone tell me if there is any m249 SAW kit set-ups for the FLC in this 48 page thread?
And if there are, any idea what page range there was to help me narrow my searching?
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top