Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 11:46:01 PM EDT
Hey everyone.  I was looking through the gear p0rn and love a lot of the stuff that I see and (while unfortunately unemployed at the time) when I get the money, I want to build a rig.  I just don't know exactly what I want and a lot of you people seem to be able to find this stuff and I can't find some of this stuff anywhere.  Well here's what I'm looking for and you tell me what you think I should get and if possible, tell me where I could get it and post some pics would be great!

1. I obviously want a universal molle platform.
2. For future uses (again for when I have the money) it will need to accept front and back SAPI plates
3. I would prefer that it could also accept standard style IIIA ballistic panels from my PSP vest.  That is not neccessarily required since I can always just wear the vest under the rig (though my vest carrier does not have SAPI pockets which explains requirement #2)
4. It needs to wrap around my sides for the benefit of more attachment points.
5. I would really like to keep the cost down but only so much is possible.
6. I would like if it had a built in pocket for a camelbak.
7. I would also like it to be very secure with a drag strap.
8. It would also be nice if it had a pocket in the chest for a compass/map/gps/etc.

I do have one other question.  I like the triple mag pouch by tactical tailor with the open top and I love the molle webbing on the outside of the pouch.  Has anyone had any issues with dirt or debris getting into your magazines with this pouch and possibly f'ing up your weapon?  I just don't know if it's an issue with exposing your mags a little bit more to the elements.

Thanks for any responses and help with my questions!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I would take a look at Eagle's line of gear.  Your best bet for holding IIIA soft armor and Rifle Plates would be the CIRAS.  They are pricey, but well worth the money.  If you could stand to have it only carry plates and wear it over a soft armor vest, then you could get the Eagle Plate Carrier w/ Cumberbund.  It is a lot less expensive.  Both have side PALS coverage and are universally covered in PALS front and back.  You would have to be adding pouches for admin materials like you described.

I have a CIRAS (Land Version) and love it!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top