Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 12:37:03 PM EDT
Im thinking of replacing my outer Inrerceptor OTV vest and putting my soft armor in something like what Tactical Applications Group has for $175

img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Dump1567/tag3.jpg

Is there a better vest?
What other vest are there?

Im also thinking about getting some plates for the side like this but don't know if it will fit on this vest. The sides dont look like they have many molle straps.

Side Armor

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Spartan is an excellent replacement for the OTV soft armor, but Tactical Tailor and High Speed Gear also make replacement covers for OTV soft armor. I didn't see their carriers on either of their websites, so you'll probably have to email them about what they offer.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I e-mailed High Speed Gear and didnt get any reply so I guess I wont be getting that one
I juse EM'd Tactical Tailor so I'll see what they have to say and will post it here
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Give HSGI another chance. Here's a thread on the HSGI Centurion, which is their OTV carrier. You might have to register on the forum to read it, but it's well worth it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
There's also this if you want to run your gear on a seperate rig (chest, TT MAV, etc.).
cgi.ebay.com/BCS-I-Interceptor-COYOTE-body-armor-carrier-MEDIUM_W0QQitemZ5654069994QQcategoryZ3204QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

www.beezcombatsystems.com/

I kinda like the idea of the layer system.  Soft armor, add plates, add chest rig, etc.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
HSGI centurion is the way I am going
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Where are those for sale.  Looking at it, it looks like it takes plates and soft armort and has MOLLE capabilities.

That suites my needs, I'm sick of have multi layer system, I feell like I'm going skiing everytime I put everything on.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Where are those for sale.  Looking at it, it looks like it takes plates and soft armort and has MOLLE capabilities.

That suites my needs, I'm sick of have multi layer system, I feell like I'm going skiing everytime I put everything on.

That info. is available in this other thread:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=195493

Also check out Tactical Taylors new rig in the same thread.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I found this one looking around
It looks pretty good, but doesn't have loops for a belt whereas most MOLLE systems do, so I don't know about it since I have drop legs on both sides.  
It would completely replace my 3 peice system with one simple to use peice though.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I found this one looking around
It looks pretty good, but doesn't have loops for a belt whereas most MOLLE systems do, so I don't know about it since I have drop legs on both sides.  
It would completely replace my 3 peice system with one simple to use peice though.  

us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/optacticalgear_1885_40929098

I don't think you'll find ANY modern MOLLE systems worth a damn that has belt loops, esp the plate carrier above (which is only meant to carry PLATES, not a belt or soft armor or anything like that). Holsters and subloads (basically anything that attaches to a belt) isn't meant to attach to an armor vest. They are designed to work independently of each other. If you don't like having multiple layers, then maybe you should reconsider what it is exactly that you intend to be doing with all this gear.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got  the EM back from Tactical Tailor here is what they said;

I don't have pics at this time…soon. We will be starting production very soon as well, no later than by the end of the month.

The covers are designed to fit specific sized armor. For example, if you have a medium IBA you need to order a medium TT IBA cover. The first runs will be in ACU and Tan and the cost will be 350.00. The vest will take the three panels you currently have and be used in a way that makes the vest side opening rather than front opening. The shoulders are also adjustable.

-Chad

A little too expensive for me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't think you'll find ANY modern MOLLE systems worth a damn that has belt loops, esp the plate carrier above (which is only meant to carry PLATES, not a belt or soft armor or anything like that). Holsters and subloads (basically anything that attaches to a belt) isn't meant to attach to an armor vest. They are designed to work independently of each other.

I would agree, but apparently other people must be asking for it:  
Spec-Ops Brand IBA Battle Belt

Color me shocked.  I could see the point of having a belt attached to an older tac-vest, so you could add some custom pouches (ALICE or Sam Browne type-stuff at the time) but MOLLE webbing would be the way to do that now.  When I wore a pistol belt with my OTV, it was to give me some stuff that was specifically not attached to my armor.  YMMV.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Why does this whole thread seem like Deja Vu?  Oh, I know why:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=10&t=195493
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:50:01 AM EDT
[#13]
highspeed gear states that the Wasatch was made to put over the Interceptor Vest. Maybe it would be better to get the Wasatch and put it over my armor instead of getting a new OTV Vest cover.

Anyone have this setup?
How does it feel and fit over soft armor?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
highspeed gear states that the Wasatch was made to put over the Interceptor Vest. Maybe it would be better to get the Wasatch and put it over my armor instead of getting a new OTV Vest cover.

Anyone have this setup?
How does it feel and fit over soft armor?

I think the Wasatch/Weesatch series are at their best over an OTV.  They did not work at all for me over clothing or concealable armor, and I'd prefer single mag pouches, but they work well with the Interceptor.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just got  the EM back from Tactical Tailor here is what they said;

I don't have pics at this time…soon. We will be starting production very soon as well, no later than by the end of the month.

The covers are designed to fit specific sized armor. For example, if you have a medium IBA you need to order a medium TT IBA cover. The first runs will be in ACU and Tan and the cost will be 350.00. The vest will take the three panels you currently have and be used in a way that makes the vest side opening rather than front opening. The shoulders are also adjustable.

-Chad

A little too expensive for me.

I bought one of these from TT's custom shop in Multicam.  They fit it to my Safariland IIIA panels (I don't have the IBA armor) and plates.  It works great.  I also paid $350, which I thought was one heck of a deal for a custom-modified vest.  This one is sized XL for me.

A pic before I added all the pouches:

That pic is with soft armor and plates installed.

The standard TT IBA cover will have another short row of PALS along the front bottom for attaching the other accessories in the IBA kit.

More pics and write-ups at LF.net:  TT IBA Goodness @ LF.net
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the Wasatch is the way to go because I could separate the plates from the soft armor if meeded.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I need to get one of these TT vests for my IBA.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#18]
so what is the least level of protection i need for 5.56 or 7.62 x 39?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Level III plates in conjuction with Level IIIA softarmor (probably even have II or IIA softarmor, I would spend the extra couple bucks for IIIA, I have IIIA so)
or,
Level IV "stand-alone" plates
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top