Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 1:18:51 AM EDT
Thought you guys might want to see this.

Here is mod 2. Real diferences are that the zipper opens all the way down. It was hard to get into the other bag fast. There are two handles intead of one. One handle wasnt balanced especially with any kind of weight in the bag. I will probably add a wrap that locks the two pieces together so they act as one, like on a rifle case. The other diference is the PALS I added to the sides and waist belt. I was going to sew a pocket on each side of the zipper opening on both sides for a cell phone, light, etc but decided to keep it clean and went with PALS. I can always atach them to the PALS later.

Thank You
John Willis
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
John what is on the side nearest one's back? Padded? Hard Plate? Nothing?

Looks good BTW.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Would there be an option for a shoulder strap instead of the waistpack attachment?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
roughly 12w x 8T x 7d

The side closest to the bady has no padding. each piece is 2 layers of 100 den cordura. The bach piece has another 2 layers that make the sleeve that hides the waist pack. This bag is not meant as a primry fanny pack. It is meant to be shoulder carried. I put it together last night at 02:00 so its not done. The shoulder atachments are not it place yet. The waist strap isa there because it will be more stable and interfere less if you have to fight your way out of some place or if you had to ride a bike perhaps.

I have built a few of these for friends. Right now I can not afford to go and buy myself any bags so I am building and tweeking a few designs I have done for customers. I can build most any thing. Like every thing else I make, every one wants or needs some thing slightly diferent. If I build them they will all be just a bit custom. Not a big deal. That way every one gets what he needs. not what soem one else thinks that he should have.

John Willis
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:08:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Man i have got to stop this. I put in long days on customers gear but today is Sunday (or was) so I worked on orders for a while (7 hrs) and stopped early (23:00). I figure "well I'll add a shoulder strap to the 2nd bag and call it a night. Its now 05:00 and I have bag 3 done.

A few changes to this bag:

1. No zipper over flap so its easier to get into and zipper is centered middle of bag instead of off set like bags 1 and 2.

2. 1.5" removable shoulder strap.

3. velcro wrap that locks both handles together will also lock to itself so its out of the way if you dont want to use it.  

4. 2 pices of 5" long loop velcro on top for ataching name tapes, etc.

5. Its od "master of the obvious"

6. No PALS on bottom.

I am going to make a cover that will atach to the back so it covers the top and hides the PALS on the front like an atache case. I just ran out of time. My 7 year old is out of school and I have to get up with him in 5 hours.

Thank You
John Willis
[email protected]

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Now we're talkin', John!  I like how the bag opens entirely up into two halves so you can get whatever you need out of it, including the bottom.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
John, can we see a better picture of inside the bag?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
John, can we see a better picture of inside the bag?

Nothing in there yet. I was trying to get the outside where is needs to be. I am thinking a diveder down the mddle with pockets and elastic slot on each side of it. It will probably be removable. Maby PALs on one insde wall and loop velcro on the oposite so all the guys mith molle type stuff can lock it into place. Then all the guys that where cought up in the fanny pack era can afix all there velcro backed stuff into the other side. Most guys I know have both.

What do you want on the inside?

John
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#9]
John,

Awesome work, as always!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#10]
tagged.

Looks good.  Might have to work some OT for this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is the cover in place on the bag. It remocable and reversible. OD on one side and TAN on the other.

front view.

Side view. Closes with 1" fstx. on each side.

back veiw. Vecro is there because cover is reversable.

atachment tabs. 4 on the bottom and 2 a bit higher. You dont have to use the upper two if you prefer to leave them un atached. If you atach the upper two the cover dosnt fall down and expose the back PALS. If you leave them open though you can get to the back Pals faster.

John Willis
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is a bag that a customer ordered. I'll post it here since its kind of along the same lines. It started as "I want one of your buttpacks but I want to make a few changes". Its 11w x 10T x 6D. Its just an open main compartment with the pouches sewn to the outside. All the pockets have adjustable removable lids. Both sides have a low cut DA pocket with elastic. Front has dual pistol mag, smoke, sat phone pouch. Back is all PALS. Lid has loops for a pop up flare and 2 chem lights.

thank You
john Willis
[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top