Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2006 5:51:08 PM EDT
I was looking at the new BlackHawk catalog and it shows a guy wearing a plate carrier with a holster on his chest. Looks like an interesting setup... is anyone running a rig like this?

I have a fresh-out-of-the-box Eagle Industries Plate Carrier from SKD that I dig... I'm wondering if I should get that for a holster.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:28:40 PM EDT
Some of the guys I know in Iraq that run convoy security wear holsters on their chests or just use shoulder holsters. I've found that at times wearing a drop leg holster in a humvee can be awkward especially if driving.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:23:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Seabee26:
Some of the guys I know in Iraq that run convoy security wear holsters on their chests or just use shoulder holsters. I've found that at times wearing a drop leg holster in a humvee can be awkward especially if driving.

Interesting, thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:53:18 AM EDT
The issue I have found is that most dedicated pistol holsters takes up too much space on a plate carrier or armor. A standard double M4 magazine pouch holds most pistols. It takes up less space on the carrier, is cheaper, and is more universal. It can hold 2 M4 magazines or 2 SMG/MP5 magazines, or 2 308 magazines, or a flashbang, or used as a utility pouch for othe items.

Full-Auto
Top Top