Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:28:21 PM EDT
ok I think I have narrowed it down to the blackhawk fury with kevlar...or the Hatch operator shorty with kevlar.......I want something light with max protection but dont want to compromise dexterity...what do you guys think? was also thinking Nomex gloves but they arent slash resistant correct? just heat resistant
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:14:22 PM EDT
I have blackhawk Fury with kevlar (the full size) (yes made by vietnamese child labor) I also have the SOLAG gloves without kevlar

I like the Fury gloves, they fit well, I have try to stick my hand in an 800 degree oven, but i have changed a hot barrel with them no problem

note though the kevlar is on the palm and on the knuckles it isn't the whole glove, not sure what your planning on doing with them
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:44:33 PM EDT
so the Fury is the rest of the glove the Nomex material.....has anyone had experience with the Hatch gloves?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:37:23 PM EDT
I have a pair of Hatch Shorties, and I enjoy them immensely. They fit very well and don't compromise dexterity. I would buy them again.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:51:38 AM EDT
Nomex will offer flash resistance while Kevlar are slash resistant and will offer some flash protection. The Hatch shorty are a great glove. I have used the Ringers gauntlet style gloves for about 3 years now. They are great with weapon handling but yet thin enough that you do not lose sensitivity on vital areas of your weapon (palm, trigger finger). The glove fits so good you forget you are wearing it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:02:57 AM EDT
Nomex and Kevlar offer virtually the same flash/flame resistance.

I was issued a pair of Hatch Operator gloves and they immediately began falling apart with use.

I'm currently using a pair of Special Infantry Gloves (Shorty) from Safety Systems Corp. I like them a lot. Fit isn't quite as tight as the Hatch, but they have held up very well. Plus while they are a "shorty" length, they offer a small cuff that covers just the wrist which i like better than the Hatch style that ends on your wrist with the elastic. They can be found here.

Another review can be found on Militarymorons.com.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:08:15 AM EDT
thank you guys :)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:15:52 AM EDT
Now with all that information your ready to go survivorman,

note: if you choose blackhawk get them a size bigger than you are, i have large ones and they are tight even after broken in, and I don't have big hands. I don't get how the Safety Systems gloves are that cheap, and are made in the USA, thats kinda odd......

Good luck with your search
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:50:03 AM EDT
What does everyone think about the Oakley SI Assault gloves? They look pretty nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:04:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By swenis:
What does everyone think about the Oakley SI Assault gloves? They look pretty nice.

They're pretty good. I had a pair but they ended up being too small. Excellent dexterity, but the Tan color runs small, so order a size up (i.e. I normally wear XL, but these were too small and i should have gotten a XXL). From accounts, the Black is more true to size.

The carbon fiber knuckles are nice if you need to push traffic and get someone's attention by rapping on their windshield (or head).

Also consider that if flash/flame protection is a requirement (i.e. in a IED prone area) gloves made from nomex or kevlar may be a better choice.
Top Top