Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:03:24 AM EDT
I was looking for a pair of boots and came across these from Converse.

Converse Tactical Boots

I browsed through the Converse site, but didn't find any info on these boots. Anyone have these? What are your thoughts/experiences with them?

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:20:04 PM EDT
I have 2 pair of the side zip saftey tow 1 black 1 tan they are verry cormfatable there are my EDW boot I have recomended them to anyone who would listen
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:04:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bogie:
I have 2 pair of the side zip saftey tow 1 black 1 tan they are verry cormfatable there are my EDW boot I have recomended them to anyone who would listen

Good to hear. They look realy comfortable and I like the composite safety toe over a true steel toe. Where did you get yours?

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:40:12 AM EDT
I ordered mine from Brigade QM

www.actiongear.com

They run true to size at least for me as I ware a 10.5 & ordered a 11 origanlly figuring that would be needed but returned them for the 10.5 I like that BQM has a 30 day exchange on footware as long as they are clean(nt worn outside)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:57:19 PM EDT
Cool, thx Bogie. I will check BQ out. That return policy is great, especially since almost every pair of shoes I have purchase fits differently.

It doesn't say, but are the pair(s) you picked up waterproof? If not, you think it would be easy to get them waterproofed?

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:04:37 PM EDT
The side zips are not listed as water proof the lace ups are the water can infiltrate thro the zipper thus i wore mine all throu hunting season (rain,snow,mud) along with every day for the last year or so without Any water getting in the boot
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:18:29 PM EDT
My Sgt. just bought a pair of the zip ones and loves them. He says they are the best pair he has ever owned... I will try them out next time I am in the market for a pair...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:14:00 AM EDT
had my desert tactical for over a year now, time for a new pair.
wear them for work and play.
decent price too.......
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:59:11 PM EDT
I've got a pair and they may be the best boots I have ever owned in all my 47 years. Converse will be getting more of my hard earned cash.

Dave
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:11:27 PM EDT
Wow, great to see people have tried and like these boots. Average price is about $89.99 which is a damn good price for a pair of boots that can take a beating.

Thx again for the info/views of these boots.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:54:02 AM EDT
Try the Oakley S.I. The most comfortable boot made!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:00:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2006 3:01:28 AM EDT by mirror]

Originally Posted By Policetacteam:
Try the Oakley S.I. The most comfortable boot made!!

Hmm, I checked out Oakley's site and these look pretty good. Only thing holding me back is the price. I also like the GATLING, I need to see if there is a place around here or a place with a good return policy that carries these boots.

Where did you get yours Policetacteam?

^_^_^
Top Top