Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 6:41:08 AM EDT
I have been reading and looking at Crye Precision, WOW! Their stuff is like nothing I have ever seen. I know I am behind the curve, but damn they have past it and are into the next curve.

www.cryeprecision.com/

www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye1.html
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Pinnacle Armor has some nice products as well, namely a flexible material (Dragon skin, I think it's called) that can stop several rifle rounds.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#2]
The atomic cookie?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Their field pants are what I wear for hiking and anything else I do outdoors.  I find them to be very comfortable for really long hikes and in any weather. The pockets are located just right so you can access them easily and the cargo pocket doesn't flop all over the place when they are full of crap. I do wish they would size them differently, but over all they are my favorite pants for outdoor activities.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
maybe i missed it, but i couldn't find what type of fabric is used in their clothing
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
its way off the fuckin price scale. until they come way down i dont even look anymore.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
its way off the fuckin price scale. until they come way down i dont even look anymore.

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Crye is awesome!  Yes, it is expensive, but you are paying for good design and American-made gear.  They have truly designed their products from the ground up, throwing conventions out the window and creating a new paradigm in military/tactical gear.  Trust me: you get what you pay for.

By the way; if you think their garments are costly, try their armor.  $8000 for the vest, belt, and plates.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
By the way; if you think their garments are costly, try their armor.  $8000 for the vest, belt, and plates.

Holy molle?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:01:34 AM EDT
[#10]
LOL.

Yeah, I had the same reaction when I heard it too.  This was the price quoted for an individual purchase.  They said that there would be discounts on unit or department orders.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Crye is awesome!  Yes, it is expensive, but you are paying for good design and American-made gear.  They have truly designed their products from the ground up, throwing conventions out the window and creating a new paradigm in military/tactical gear.  Trust me: you get what you pay for.

damn when i spoke with them about their armor chasis, it was 2200(no plates, plates were somthing like 1400)....   and an aquantance(sp?) of mine just bought one complete unit for 4500 as a civy.

BTW, i love my crye cammies, i have a complete feild and a combat shirt(waiting for the next runof combat pants(supposed to run larger)
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:04:14 AM EDT
[#12]
This was the price quoted for the whole package at level 4 (their chasis is made to order at whatever threat level is specified).  It includes the chasis, plates, armor belt, neck protector, groin protector.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I just recieved the vest and field pants.  Worn the vest to the range yesterday,  comfortable,  deep pockets,  excellent mobility and ease of movement.  I will order a couple of MP5 mag holders to attach to the front.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't someone put up a link to some BDU style clothing in Multicam a few months back? For the top and trousers it was around $70.

Or am I suffering from wishful memory?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Didn't someone put up a link to some BDU style clothing in Multicam a few months back? For the top and trousers it was around $70.

Or am I suffering from wishful memory?

Yeah, but the stuff was all messed up.  Different sized pockets and just bad QC all around, don't rember where it was from, but it was not Crye.

I have Crye stuff, I love it!  I really like the "Major Leage Infadel" shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top