Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:53:30 AM EDT
I bought a Woosatch from SKD Tactical..(GREAT SERVICE BY THE WAY. GOT IT IN TWO DAYS!!!!)....and need to make a few mods.

I bought it because I'm a cop and work narcotics. I serve a fair amount of warrants and wanted something compact to carry my basic necessities as well as rifle plates. Most of the raid jackets on the market don't have the ability to carry plates.

Anyway, I have plates on the way for the vest. I want to attach a set of kevlar panels to the vest somehow so I don't have to put my vest on and then put on the Woosatch. I want to be able to grab it and go.
I have a set of barely used Safariland Zero G panels and would like to attech them to the vest somehow. I'm thinking of attaching them by sewing velcro on the panels as well as the Woosatch and then sticking them both together. I tried pairing the vest panels with the backside of the Woosatch and it will fit if I can find a way to attach the panels.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:29:05 AM EDT
I would contact Gene at HSGI and ask him to make something up to attach the soft armor. Gene is awesome and I'm sure he would help you out. I mean..... why not go right ot the source?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:10:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:24:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:38:04 PM EDT
Isn't Gene working on a system to carry both right now?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:44:35 PM EDT
Eagle will be releasing their LE CIRAS rig soon. It's basically the same thing as the maritime CIRAS, but it is non-releasable. It is designed to carry BALCS-cut armor panels and rifle plates. Eagle makes fantastic products. Sell the Woosatch and get a CIRAS! Or, don't worry about it and wear your soft armor like you're supposed to; you work narcotics, buddy, be safe! Then just throw the Woosatch on top.

Another good route if you want the all-in-one package, is to get a Lightfighter Warhammer vest. This, too, is meant to carry soft and hard armor. I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure they are no longer in production. however, with enough hard looking, I'm sure you could find one.
Top Top