Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 9:06:56 AM EDT
ok guys have had many different answers to this question im 5'11 175 want to know if I were to be wearing an interceptor what size am I?  was told by someone on here he has one for sale and a large is 45in chest size and below....Gene at HSGI says he has 2 sets of covers and panels that he uses for protoytypes sizes he says are 37"-41" chest are medium  41"-45" are large...is this correct? any help would be appreciated fellas   also where can one buy IBA?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll need a large.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the large.  You are probably right at the edge of either, but both have enough adjustment that the large can fit a medium pretty easily, and a medium can fit a smaller large.  Add plates, and the large is definately what you need.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You'll need a large.

large my ass.  they are measured by chest size. If he is 175 its more like medium. I wore a medium and i was 185.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You'll need a large.

large my ass.  they are measured by chest size. If he is 175 its more like medium. I wore a medium and i was 185.

I'm 6'2", 165lbs, and a large fits me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Trust me get the large.  Especially if you want to add plates.  I've always been onthe edge of medium or large, and the Army has never had a medium-large, so it was either too tight with a medium or too big with a large.  UNTIL the greatest idea ever.  Size adjustable body armor.  You can easily snug a large down to fit a medium sized person.  The plates do take up room too.  When we got ours, we had the choice of large, or small.  Only a few people bothered to get them in medium when they were available.  The big (I mean BIG) guys needed XL.

Ok, what is your chest size?

The large says from 41" to 45".
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Your probably right between a medium and a large, so go for the large.
You'll be able to tighten the sides and have them over lap for a little more protection.  Also, you'll have plenty of adjustment if you need to loosen it to wear over cold weather gear.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys....unicorn I took my chest measurement  I am a 39.5, and the rig I want I would want SAPI plates with it so I guess go with the large huh?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#9]
You might be just a bit undersized for a large, but should be ok.  Ideally of course, you'd be able to try it on.  I actually almost traded my large in for a medium, but was very glad I didn't when we got the plates.  Those seemed to make the vest an inch or two smaller.
It does seem easier to tighten it down though, and a little overlap at the sides won't hurt.  It also won't be so big that you'll have large gaps at the armholes or neck.  Nor should the plates stick out and have gaps underneath the edges at your chest.

I'm a 41, so am right at the edge between the two sizes.  Always have been really.  Hated the PASGT vest since it was either too tight, or too loose, no such thing as medium large, and it took the Army forever to remember how to make things adjustable.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Large fits awesome thanks guys :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top