Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 5:06:47 PM EDT
any tactical vests in OD green with lots of M16 mag pouches and can be set up for a bayonet on the vests.

Anything I can buy just damn near set up? I don't want to have to buy a list of things to set up what I want.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about a vest that has an integral knife sheath?  If so, My Israeli Ephod vest has this.  It is one of the best thought-out vest designs that isn't modular.  It has a large knife sheath built in under the buttpack that carries the knife horizontally.  It is easily accessible but a pain in the ass to resheath without the help of a buddy.  I never carried my bayonet (as there was not much use for it in my units mission profile), but I did purchase and carry a USMC Kbar Spec Plus.  The neat thing about the mag pouches on the Israeli vests is that they are sewn to the vest on the sides and not the bottm, so that long items like knives can be slipped behind the pouches to create a layering of gear.  I slipped the sheath back there and applied liberal amounts of 100 mile per hour tape to secure it.  The knife handle was then always upwards, easily grabable and easily resheathed.

If this doesn't do it for you, HSGI's subloads have a spot for mounting sheaths behind the compartments.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
any links, photos or prices? I'm interested....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
very sweet, not exactly what I was looking for, but I think I'm gonna have to buy one of those...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a source for the Israeli vest.  The pic shows the knif tucked behind the mag pouches

www.practicaltactical.net/-strse-106/Israeli-Defense-Force-%28IDF%29/Detail.bok
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top