Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 11:30:39 PM EDT
This is the holster that let's you add your own kydex insert.
Here is a link showing the holster.
HSGI link

Is anyone out there currently using it? If you are what kydex holster did you add?
I am thnking about buying one and like the HSGI better than the SPEC OPS brand vapor.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
If I went with one of these platforms, which Safariland holster would I buy to use with it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I use it and love it much more than my plain 6004

I think the 6004 6280 and another one that I cant think of I think its 6285
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Dropped a 6004 into mine. I am quite pleased with it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and I swap different 6280s into it. Since the holes are all in the same place with different 6280 holsters, I can put a 1911 holster or a Glock holster it it and use the same screw holes. Takes about 3 minutes to switch.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have ths one and it's great!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.huntingpictures.net/photo/002231

That is a regular HSGI airborne holster, not the HSGI Universal Drop Holster Platform (UDHP), which is what this thread is about. Please try to read the entire thread next time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.huntingpictures.net/photo/002231

That is a regular HSGI airborne holster, not the HSGI Universal Drop Holster Platform (UDHP), which is what this thread is about. Please try to read the entire thread next time.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it possible to order the Safariland holster as minimal as possible?  

It would be an added expence to buy a complete 6004 for the HSGI universal holster.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is it possible to order the Safariland holster as minimal as possible?  

The 6280 mentioned a couple of times uses the same holster body as the 6004 but is a belt holster and doesn't have the whole drop leg assembly that you'd be replacing with the HSGI carrier.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the body/screws only of an OD 6004 for a Glock 17 if anyone needs it.  Would be perfect for this.  Im not using it so would trade it off or sell it.  Not trying to make a buck just help someone reference this thread.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had the UDHP for a while and what really sold me on it was the ability to make the drop leg platform accept different pistols through switching the safariland holster.  

I have a 6280 in it that I got from swatgear.com (about $65 for the 6280)  The holsters are easy to swap in the drop leg with just an allen wrench when you need to swap them.  

The UDHP does stay where its at and doesn't bind or bunch, which is more than other drop legs I've tried did.  My only complaint with it is that when I crouch down or kneel the holster has a tendency to slide down resulting in a lower position for the holster when I stand up.  Thats a bit uncomfortable and requires a readjustment.

Overall I've been pleased with it, but I do need to get it dirtier...

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:58:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Everyone thanks for your comments.
Lithgow, nice setup!
Is that an Ed Brown in that holster?
Are you able to push the hood on your holster all the way forward?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I also use one. Great rig. You can have the retention of a Safariland roll top and the comfort/fit of a good nylon drop leg.

Old pic after first installing the 6004.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Everyone thanks for your comments.
Lithgow, nice setup!
Is that an Ed Brown in that holster?
Are you able to push the hood on your holster all the way forward?

Thankee.  

No, its a SA TRP.

Doesn't go to 90 degrees, but it goes far enough forward for no problems getting the sidearm in or out.  My UDHP was a salesmans sample which I got without the holster, so the holes were already cut in the UDHP for a safariland.  you might be able to get the holes cut a bit higher to prevent the hood from contacting the holster.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:27:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I currently have one, waiting on the 6280 to show up..

one thing i have to ask..the magazine pouches attached to the strong side, below the hip, does that really make sense?

I see myself putting a leather man or a BCG?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

one thing i have to ask..the magazine pouches attached to the strong side, below the hip, does that really make sense?

BINGO ! , Or if you wish to load for Bear
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Not to me.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#20]
.gaT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#21]
just making sure I am not the only one :)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't put the mags in there normally, I just wanted something in the pouches for the pic. I actually moved one off the holster and the remaining one holds my Leatherman Wave.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#23]
quin- - my question wasn't directed just against your setup, more towards HGSI for designing it the way they did..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
quin- - my question wasn't directed just against your setup, more towards HGSI for designing it the way they did..

The design is modular, you can put the mag puches anywhere you want, vest, opposite thigh rig, anywhere. HSGI should be praised for acutally including 2 pouches with the holster. Alot of other manufacturers would make you buy them seperate.
I carry a Leatherman, INOVA 5 led light, Surefire aviator and a 5 pack of spare lithium batteries in an HSGI small EOD pouch mounted in front of the holster.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#25]
thats a good way of looking at it. more that they just provided two mag pouches, not necessarily for the drop log system.

It makes alot more sense to put a l.man, bcg, batteries, knife, choose your tool there..
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:40:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I have three sets of those HSGI double-mag pouches and they're the best I've used.
Great materials, great construction.
I use them for mags, multi-tools, lights, knives.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It could, what if you lose the use of your weak side hand or arm? Where I carry my spare mags for my pistol, weak side behind my hip, its a long reach with my strong arm. I carry them there as thats where I carry when CCW and its where I reach for them. If I broke my weak side arm I could reload from the pouch on the holster. If I was only carrying one spare mag then that would be different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top