Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:39:37 PM EDT
not too tacticool, but looks like my style, will hold a few mags and still simple enough to wear to the mall un-noticed in khaki. Not that I would ever go the the mall loaded down with mags or anything....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:27:14 PM EDT
I'd like to see them incorporate some of the features of the vest into the corresponding shirt.

Not that I would go to the mall with AR15 mags in my shirt, but it would be nice to be able to have the option.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:46:30 AM EDT
Nothing says "Hey, everybody look at me, I'm armed!" like a "concealed" shooters vest, a "safari vest" or anything, and i mean ANYTHING made by 5 11. If you look like a normal joe that's what people will think of you. I love these people who walk around looking like a firearms instructor going for a burger or gas. YOU"RE NOT FOOLING ANYBODY! As a matter of fact you will draw attention to yourself. Don't even get me started on the "tactical sports bra" and the "tactical polo shirt". Every damn thing these days is tactical.

My neighbors cats are tactical. One is black and the other is a shade of tan.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:52:21 AM EDT
all my "tactical" clothes are from JCPenneys.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:09:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 7:10:51 PM EDT by WantsAnRRA]
Well, I guess I didn't really state why I wanted the vest, but just for something to wear when I go shooting, no a CCW vest or anything... The mall statement was just about that I didn't want anything like a blackhawk vest...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:20:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rodmini14:
Nothing says "Hey, everybody look at me, I'm armed!" like a "concealed" shooters vest, a "safari vest" or anything, and i mean ANYTHING made by 5 11. If you look like a normal joe that's what people will think of you. I love these people who walk around looking like a firearms instructor going for a burger or gas. YOU"RE NOT FOOLING ANYBODY! As a matter of fact you will draw attention to yourself. Don't even get me started on the "tactical sports bra" and the "tactical polo shirt". Every damn thing these days is tactical.

My neighbors cats are tactical. One is black and the other is a shade of tan.

Well, yes and no. To those of us here, yes it screams "GUN!" But to many of the unenlightened sheeple, you just look like you missed a turn on your way to a fishing hole. Don't give the sheeple too much credit now.

But as you said, I can always peg the guys that are armed at the mall, because I can spot 5.11 gear a mile away. I used to have two of their vests, but they just didn't work very well for me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:20:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:23:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:51:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 4:52:08 PM EDT by giffmann]
mcgrubbs speaks truth! My opening order is in with them, but I don't expect to see it for at least another 30 days.
But those samples pants they sent me sure are nice!!
Top Top