Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No, they really did re-work the colors on the ACU; the difference is not due to ambient lighting or image reproductive variences. It would be pure dumb not to issue the improved uniform to the troops, no matter if they were already issued the first type or not.

I have heard in another thread the Army is issuing the remainder of the first type ACU to recruiters and suchlike who will never use them in the field.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm...how would you know if a website is offering the "grey" version or the newer "Green" one?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hmm...how would you know if a website is offering the "grey" version or the newer "Green" one?

Probably best to call them before ordering.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
That's about impossible to know. I googled ACUs and most of the places selling them online showed the same manufacturer's pic, so it was impossible to say. So I didn't buy.

The Propper knock-offs I saw in the local surplus store were the greys, but the Proppers on Ebay are greens, to judge by the pics. So I think the greys are running out, being supplanted by the new greens. They are selling these so fast that that it is prolly safe now to order and get greens (thank God for the Airsofters...they DO have a use you see!). If you buy on Ebay, look at lots of auctions to see if they are re-using the same pic, or if the pic shows the actual one you are buying...that's one way to know. The Proppers have a button front opening instead of the milspec zipper.

My best friend in the reserves is picking me up issue stuff from clothing sales, so I'm not going to risk it..
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's about impossible to know. I googled ACUs and most of the places selling them online showed the same manufacturer's pic, so it was impossible to say. So I didn't buy.

The Propper knock-offs I saw in the local surplus store were the greys, but the Proppers on Ebay are greens, to judge by the pics. So I think the greys are running out, being supplanted by the new greens. They are selling these so fast that that it is prolly safe now to order and get greens (thank God for the Airsofters...they DO have a use you see!). If you buy on Ebay, look at lots of auctions to see if they are re-using the same pic, or if the pic shows the actual one you are buying...that's one way to know. The Proppers have a button front opening instead of the milspec zipper.

My best friend in the reserves is picking me up issue stuff from clothing sales, so I'm not going to risk it..

Sweet. Thanks for the help! Perhaps posting some pics of you wearing it outside in daylight? Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to wait until his next drill to get mine. Then I will post pics, photoshop be damned.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top