Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 12:14:00 AM EDT
I was just at the Blawkhawk site, and I noticed that there tacktical vest that are woodland cammo and some of their MOLLE stuff is about half off. is anybody else doing this or just blackhawk. thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:48:12 AM EDT
Tactical Tailor is doing it as well. The woodland gear is a bargain and worls well in my area (as long as everything isn't covered in snow)
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:19:42 AM EDT
I'm kind of in the same boat Woodland works great exept in winter but even then it's not to bad as long as I stick to the woods and bed sheets do wonders if nothing else is available.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:33:17 AM EDT
I've noticed it as well, that great for news for alot of us.

TG
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:02:59 AM EDT
Same here...that ACU and digi stuff does not work any better here than good ol' Woodland....

I'm sticking to my Woodland and will look out for more on sale..
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:16:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dog1:
Same here...that ACU and digi stuff does not work any better here than good ol' Woodland....

I'm sticking to my Woodland and will look out for more on sale..

+1 to that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:39:11 PM EDT
In my neck of the woods Multi Cam would get me multiple wounds Give me good ol' Woodland.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:04:36 PM EDT
I have seen the ACU up close and I'm not all that impressed with it. Of course I'm old and cranky and I hate changes...

So with that said..I'm waiting for all of the gearheads to start dumping that Woodland go fast gear for ACU, so I can get some good stuff at a low price..
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:59:12 PM EDT
I was in Tac Tailor's retail shop, and they have a ton of ACU stuff. The stuff almost looks like it has some traces of teal in it. Reminds me more of urban camo than anything else.

I'm in the process of selling my OD gear (check the EE!) to switch to Multicam, or coyote tan when MC isn't available. TT is making me one of their new IBA vests in MC (and fitted to my IIIA panels.) It should be ready tomorrow.

The state of Washington poses some challenges for camo. The west side is very wet, thus very, very green. The east side is very dry, thus rather brown. I think the MC is the best choice to operate in both environments.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:42:33 PM EDT
I don't know what to think about ACU camo, I've seen pictures of ACU, Multicam, 3 color desert, woodland, and MARPAT in different backgrounds. From what I have seen:
- ACU doesn't really blend in with anything at close range but seems ok in urban desert. Does not blend in with forested areas at all. Doesn't look like it works very well in open desert. The tan seems too light, almost whitish.
- Multicam works well in everything except green forests. Seems to work well in dry vegetation.
- 3 color desert works well in open/ slightly rocky desert
- Woodland works well in green deciduous forests, doesn't work very well in light green grasses, since it's too dark. Not very good for up close but works better at a distance. Works really well if you sick to the edge of fields, but not in them.
- MARPAT desert IMHO is the best desert camo available, blends in really well. Woodland MARPAT looks like it works just as well as Woodland, but better for brush.

This is mostly based off of pictures except for woodland camo, which is what I use. seems to only be effective during the spring/summer (when the leaves are out) but in fall doesn't really help since the ground is a combination of red, yellow, orange, and brown. For winter white seems to be the best.

I'd like to hear about other peoples experiences with these camo patterns.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:03:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By zaphar:
Woodland MARPAT looks like it works just as well as Woodland, but better for brush.

I agree. I think woodland MARPAT is an advancement and would work better in my area than STD Woodland. I can't think of anyone making any gear with it but that's OK. I'm on a STD woodland budget
Top Top