Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 1:02:58 PM EDT
Lots of ACU gore-tex pakas on Ebay..Stay away? They say "mil-spec" but is it? Where'd they git it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a couple companies making civi versions of the Goretex parka, they are not stolen mil property and if anything their quality is not the greatest. This is a quote from one auction "While this is not "Goretex" brand, it is a very similar material". I saw one parka in person at a miltiary surplus store I thought I found a real score until I read the tag, made in Korea.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that this would be a classic case of getting what you pay for.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
If you do find an otherwise quality item, don't let the fact that it isn't the GoreTex (R) brand bother you too much.  Their patent on their method of using PTFE expired a couple years ago.  Just make sure that every, and I mean every, seam is taped or you will have leaks through them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#4]
The ACU uniform hasn't actually be finalized yet, so even if they said it was the real deal, it wouldn't be. I haven't gotten issued a ACU Gortex yet if that means anything to you. So no, don't buy it unless you want a non-Army spec stuff...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The ACU uniform hasn't actually be finalized yet...

Do you mean the cammies also? Or just the Gore-Tex jacket?

I hope this is true...the ACI I've seen leave a lot to be desired. Looks like they've been through the wash 50X.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top