Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 6:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 6:54:36 PM EDT by mostow241]
Anybody seen one of these?

Even though it's a knockoff (and I always try to stay away from this kinda stuff) I had to buy one.
At over half the price of Eagle if it's decent quality....... We'll I'll find out when it arives.

Knockoff
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:08:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:13:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Did you buy these to go with it?

I didn't notice those in is store.

Now I'm worried. Screw it maybe I'll just take up airsoft.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:15:24 PM EDT

ahhh...good ol' Hong!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:19:25 PM EDT
if you want stuff that is rated to 6mm .25g then no problem

if you want something that is reliable and NOT a knockoff, then move on.

if you dont care and like to line the pockets of those who blatently use actual name product to advert knockoffs... then please do play into this, we will not be able to convince you otherwise.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:20:45 PM EDT
Item location - Hong Kong
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:40:51 PM EDT
Here's what I'm thinking and most of you might not agree,

Let me start by saying I normaly always just spend the money and get the best because it usualy always pays in the long run

Bought an:
aimpoint M2 Probrably won't by nightvision but hey ya never know
just piced up a televid 77mm apo didn't need the high def. but hey its the best
Sold a leupold to order a us optics scope I wanted it my way so the $ didn't bother me

But, There's somethig about a 5-700 dollar piece of nylon that gets me. Don't get me wrong I can image the development that has to go into somethig like the ciras and the amount of sewing that has to be done to put one of these things together.
It's still a piece of nylon and I admit I have no idea were paraclete or eagles products are manufactured but all my blackhawk stuff says made in vietnam.
These companys to me seem like NIKE $120.00 for a pair of shoes that cost them 6 bucks.

I might be completely out of line or maybe it's that my life isn't on the line.
I only play comando sunday mornings
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:00:16 PM EDT
part of me agrees and wants stuff that is basically the same at the cheap price but the othe rpart is anti-chinese knock offs
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:57:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 8:59:49 PM EDT by Stickman]

Originally Posted By mostow241:
Here's what I'm thinking and most of you might not agree,

But, There's somethig about a 5-700 dollar piece of nylon that gets me.

I might be completely out of line or maybe it's that my life isn't on the line.

Don't feel bad, I was kidding around with you, and I understand where you are coming from. I have a CIRAS, and while it is nice, it certainly isn't $575 nice. Thanfully, it didn't cost me.

When gear is made in country, I can somewhat understand the higher prices. I don't understand obscene prices, but I do feel that a decent wage should be paid to workers who are making a decent product. Of course the flip side is that items stitched together for 30 cents an hour then boated over here should be all of about $20.

In all honesty, you probably won't see much of a difference if you don't do much hardcore training, hiking around in it, or using it for real. If it was me, the first thing I would do with your vest is to "shoe goo" the seams from the inside. That will help stop them from ripping out. If you buy decent accessories units, you should be fine.

I have found that most military surplus can take a heck of a beating, and still function without concern. The below IDF rig isn't my go-to gear, but I still take it out once in awhile and work drills with it. It isn't cutting edge, but I know that I could wear it, or give it to someone else without any worries.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:53:14 PM EDT
you'll be hard pressed to find issue gear as robust as IDF or South African.

its always going to hurt to spend major coin, but hey that is the price that one 'could' pay, but if you are need of that gear, then I would think that its much cheaper than the alternative.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:05:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 6:08:15 AM EDT by Stickman]

Originally Posted By eggrolly:

its always going to hurt to spend major coin, but hey that is the price that one 'could' pay, but if you are need of that gear, then I would think that its much cheaper than the alternative.

Thats a fact on both statements. Which is why surplus gear can be a God send to the shooter who is looking for quality instead of high fashion.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:21:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:

Originally Posted By eggrolly:

Thats a fact on both statements. Which is why surplus gear can be a God send to the shooter who is looking for quality instead of high fashion.

Where can you find the IDF or SA LBE?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:51:19 AM EDT
Most of the stuff is cyclical. A few years ago, the SA LBV was $50, with the nice shape ones being a little more. They have grown hard to find, and are roughly $75 or so if you can locate them now.

I've got a military buddy who has an extra SA LBV, if you are interested email me and I'll double check on it.
Top Top