Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:45:41 AM EDT

Just got some HSGI rifle mag pouches yesterday and tried to put my M14 mags in them.  THe first mag going in the back of the pouch works fine, but trying to get the second mag in the front is a major PITA.  Once the mag is started it goes in fine and can be taken out with realative ease but getting it started seems to be a little tougher than it should be.  

It seems that the reinforced webbing at the top of the pouch is the primary cause of the tightness.  Any tricks to stretching the opening of the pouch?  What if I got the pouch wet and stretched it open until dry...just a thought.

ANy help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, use em.  

Then use em some more.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 to using them .... and useing them again.
but if you want a something after that ... then use them a 3rd time.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, use em.  

Then use em some more.

Thanks

Any excuse to get out and do some shooting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Try wrapping something thin around the contents of the pouch (thin rag/t-shirt or a few layers of plastic wrap) and then storing that in the pouch for awhile.  I've used this on leather before, and I'd assume it works alright for nylon stuff too.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Put 2 mags in the pouch then shove a piece of cardboard in between them and store them that way. That should stretch them just a little bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top