Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2005 8:41:59 AM EDT
Hey guys I'm looking for a bag to store all my gear in. It would have to fit my callahan, pistol belt, holster, dump pouch and knee pads and a bunch of other assorted gear. I was wondering what everyone uses.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
For pistol I use a uncle mikes delux range bag, thier about 55$,  big and can hold 4 handguns, mags, ammo, and targets.  For rifle I have a Jansport Odysee 38, it is big enough to hold anything and it is also my backpack for the boyscout outings, 110$
Icon
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
A med plastic tote from Target.  It's worked great for years.  This isn't a tactical or expensive solution, but I haven't found a better solution thru many classes and shooting sessions.

I haven't stuffed my callahan in there yet, but I'm sure it will fit.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A med plastic tote from Target.  It's worked great for years.  This isn't a tactical or expensive solution, but I haven't found a better solution thru many classes and shooting sessions.

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=2597&iGalleryUnq=924&iImageUnq=40094

I haven't stuffed my callahan in there yet, but I'm sure it will fit.

I thought about that. But some of the places that I lug gear just it would be a PITA to lug that thing. I found a couple on line, but I'd like to hear about what everyone else is using. Hatch makes one that looks nice. And 5.11 makes one too that I like the looks of. Heck even saw two from Blackhawk that I thought might work. I'm looking for something that I can throw over a shoulder and go or one that has backpack straps.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
double tap
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a large plastic tub, a USGI ALICE pack with a couple external pockets, and a Dillon range bag.  Whichever I take is determined by how much gear I'm taking that day.  The Dillon is usually plenty big, providing I roll up my paper targets and carry them separately.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I too am in search of the holy grail perfect range bag. I've used several backpacks, a full size ALICE pack, a plastic tub and I still need to make more than one trip from the car. Maybe I should just bring less crap to the range.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Get yourself a GI issue Flight/Parachute bag. . Their reasonably cheap, made of touch water repellent canvas an will hold a Callahan or equivelent vest and assorted gear. and they are a tactical Sage color. Mines over15 years old and still going strong. Should find them in a Brigade quartermaster type store or any decent Surplus store. these bags were designed for Airborne troopies to stuff their chutes in after they hit the ground.
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/15/2005 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#9]
for carrying all that you will need the ealge sigma bad with padded case for the rifle, real nice setup
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 5:33:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
for carrying all that you will need the ealge sigma bad with padded case for the rifle, real nice setup

That bag looks about perfect!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 7:17:15 AM EDT
[#11]
+1

That bag looks great! I am going to be travelling via car to a class this spring and that bag looks perfect for my needs (no need to haul the weapon in my Pelican case).

k9dpd, thanks for pointing that bag out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I use an older Eagle range bad. Holds 2 pistol and had a few divided compartments for ammo, ears, eyes, and sundries. Added Gucci points since it matches the discrete case my AR lives in.......

Blitz
Link Posted: 11/16/2005 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Get yourself a GI issue Flight/Parachute bag. . Their reasonably cheap, made of touch water repellent canvas an will hold a Callahan or equivelent vest and assorted gear. and they are a tactical Sage color. Mines over15 years old and still going strong. Should find them in a Brigade quartermaster type store or any decent Surplus store. these bags were designed for Airborne troopies to stuff their chutes in after they hit the ground.

+1  GI flight bag that is what I use I will show you next DE class and they are very resonable in price also.

Thought you wanted something to put all your zombie rig into as a grab and go the escape and evasion bag will not come even close it is cool though.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2005 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1  GI flight bag that is what I use I will show you next DE class and they are very resonable in price also.

Thought you wanted something to put all your zombie rig into as a grab and go the escape and evasion bag will not come even close it is cool though.  

I never even thought to use them and I do have a couple tucked away. I'll give it a shot next trip to the range. I have one that a rigger made for me w/matching garment bag back in 1984. They're still serving me well. The couple that I have tucked away are newer issue from my 2002-2003 trip to the sand box.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#15]
As cool as the Eagle bags are, I really don't want to spend $125 for a bag that hauls my stuff from the house to the range,etc. No doubt the stuff is made great and I would love to have one, It would be over kill for myself and most likely a lot of other shooters. The flight bag is cheap, bombproof with two big ass Zippers and built to Military specs.
For me their  is nothing like the look of an old faded Flight bag full of gear......
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 4:59:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
As cool as the Eagle bags are, I really don't want to spend $125 for a bag that hauls my stuff from the house to the range,etc. No doubt the stuff is made great and I would love to have one, It would be over kill for myself and most likely a lot of other shooters. The flight bag is cheap, bombproof with two big ass Zippers and built to Military specs.
For me their  is nothing like the look of an old faded Flight bag full of gear......

I have to hit my favorite surplus store this weekend for some OD BDU pants so I'll see if he has a flight bag and get one and see how I like it. For weekends at BC place and because I always carry the tac gear in the car I figured a good dedicated bag would be in order, I like the eagle simply becuase I can throw the rifle into the mix too and have it all in one bag. Which is a big advatage IMO. I think for now though the flight bag would be a good option to go with as far as cost goes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#18]

top it!! Where's you inner gear queer??

Don't you and the Mrs take short trips?? The Eagle M4 Sigma is perfect for a 2-4 day trip for us. We can get all of our clothes in one bag. And I always carry a carbine with me, so I have a space for it too in the bag.

I know, I know..... I feel dirty just suggesting it. (knocking out 25 pushups for the Gear Gods now..)
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I noticed at an IDPA shoot that apparently all range bags come in uber-tactical black. Every single bag except one was black. The loner was a red bag w/Marine stuff all over it.

So, I dug around for something, anything that wasn't black. I came up with this:

www.rangerjoes.com/product_info.php?products_id=2132&osCsid=a35d8d1722a73700d67040eb81c022ff

Then my shooting buddy liked it so much he bought one. Oh well. Two green bags in a sea of black ones still stand out pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Stop it!!  Where's you inner gear queer??

Don't you and the Mrs take short trips??  The Eagle M4 Sigma is perfect for a 2-4 day trip for us.  We can get all of our clothes in one bag.  And I always carry a carbine with me, so I have a space for it too in the bag.

Didn't think about that but it's a great idea.  Gucci has nothing on a sweet Multicam bag.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Hey guys I'm looking for a bag to store all my gear in. It would have to fit my callahan, pistol belt, holster, dump pouch and knee pads and a bunch of other assorted gear. I was wondering what everyone uses.

I've been using a Waller & Son Range Bag since the early ninties, and I swear by them. Utterly dependable, carries a lot of whatever, and has never failed me. W. Waller & Son, Inc.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Why, my Thermo King Education Center tote bag of course!  
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 3:44:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I've got an old Blackhawk RAPTOR that's just about perfect, all the radio and smoke pouches on the outside are good for mags, three internal pockets divide everyhting else up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I use a 50 cal can painted in digital camo. Holds everything I need. It's waterproof. It's cheap. It's indistructable.

My earmuffs even fit, along with tools, cleaning kit, targets, stapler, staples, hand warmers, ect...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I use a duffle bag with a shoulder strap.  Nothing fancy, just a black diffle that costs me $10.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I use a large canvas Klein toolbag.  It fits two broken down AR's, along with dozens of mags.  I wrap the AR's in t-shirts or towels and put them in on top of the ammo/mags.  This bag is totally Sheepleproof.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I use a S.A.W.(a.k.a. A Big/Wide .50 can) Can and I got EVERYTHING I need in it. Its taller and wider than a .50 cal can, cheap, weatherproof and just added some paint
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top