Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/30/2003 9:37:08 PM EDT
I was wondering what boots people would recommend for hunting, duty, tactical/SHTF, or just going to the range. I have found the Marine Corp Infantry Combat Boot from Matterhorn to be both comfortable and durable. I have messed up ankles from injuries in the Army, and I pretty much need boots for the extra support. I would like some ideas for when I need to buy new ones - perferably ones that don't cost $150.00 or more, but either way its all good.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:44:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:42:02 PM EDT
I'd have to agree with Brad, Thorogood is a great boot.....I prefer the PEACEKEEPER, but for what you are looking for the TASER is the answer
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:05:21 PM EDT
If your looking for a cheaper boot I like my Magnums but If your willing to spend more I'd go with a good pair of Danner's!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:13:58 AM EDT
I know it's a bit out of your stated price range but, the Danner Acadia is a GREAT boot!!

I love mine. Comfortable, well-made, great materials.

That being said, I think you will find the Thorogoods to your liking as well. I think they would do you a good job.

Monty
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:47:25 PM EDT
Thanks for the advise! I'll check out the thorogood when I'm due for a new pair - not long from now. They looked like good boots, especially the TASER's with the ankle support. As for the Danners, I really like my Ft. Lewis boots, so I know they're a good brand. I love my Marine Corp boots, but at 150 -160 dollars a pair...... Oh well - they last for years so it's a good investment. Again, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:08:05 PM EDT
24/7 go to war boot- Danner Arcadia. Light tac boot- Bates Falcon. Casual- Doc Marten
Top Top