Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 12:54:34 PM EDT
I just bought two large alice packs brand new.  I know tactical tailor reinforces the areas on the pack (where the bag fits on the frame?), but I don't know where.  I own a couple of industrial sewing machines for business I have and would like to reinforce my own packs since I have access to these types of machines.  Where do these packs blow out and where do I need to reinforce them.  (Not trying to take tactical tailors business, just save some time and money by sewing it myself)
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The most important parts are the top pad (Where the frame fits under), and the two attachment points at the bottom.

I would suggest sending at least one of the packs to TT and having them do it, then attempting to copy their work. That way you know all the extra places that need the reinforcement as well as having one pack well done, and on possibly fucking up one pack.

-UHLEK-
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never heard of this.  Does anyone have a picture of an example of this
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have never heard of this.  Does anyone have a picture of an example of this

No pics, but they describe it and give you a number to call.

www.tacticaltailor.com/catalog/mods.htm
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:46:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Turn the bag 'inside out'.
The seams you see are the ones that blow out.

Re-sewing "CAN" weaken the nylon if you overdo it,keep a sharp needle.
To do it right,IMO,resewing the seam should be done thru an added layer of binding tape.

BulletcatchR

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top