Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2002 8:04:39 AM EDT
Does anyone know if a Surefire tactical light forend will fit on a Mossberg 590 w/20" barrel without modifying or removing the bayo lug? Their website doesn't mention the bayo lug being a problem but I've seen a few other sites that say the lug must be removed. What's the real deal?

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
O.K. Popeye, I'll give it a shot...

If the standard Surefire fore end hits on the bayo lug then take a look at the Surefire model that is made for the 14" M-590.  I'm not sure but I think that it is a little shorter.

Mario
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:33:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Popeye,
Been thinking about the same myself.  Please let me know what you find out.  By the way, I have a red dot on mine and really like it.  Light would be good for point & shoot though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I recieved a reply to my e-mail asking Surefire about this. They simply stated that the bayo lug would need to be removed if using model 623F for the Mossberg 590/500. There was no mention of an earlier version/alternate model or work-around that allowed use of the lug. It doesn't seem right that Surefire designed a product for a very popular shotgun that can't be used without modification!  
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah no kidding you want the BG to see the bayonet on the end of there.  he will know you are serious then.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
It seems there is/was a version for the 590 w/bayo lug but I can't find it anywhere. I don't think it's made anymore. Does anyone know where to get?
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Treetop, thanks for the info. I'm also curious as to why Surefire would not simply advertise the correct part for the 590. It's kind of strange that they can't provide a picture of one of their own products. I'll try inquiring again and see what I can pry from them.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.shomertec.com/item.cfm?Action=Index&variable=72
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:01:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#13]
SureFire not providing photos of their products?

They have like 6000 products. I know that a guy is photographing them right now. It's a fulltime job, but he doesn't work for them, and the products are sent to him in batches.
Also, designing a website that can handle the complexities of SureFire's WeaponLight range is pretty complicated. I hope things will improve as Shelby's photos continue to get online.

However, I agree that you should have photos.
If I worked for SureFire (I can dream right?), I'd take my digital camera into the warehouse and take some photos to email to you.

Respectfully,

Al
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the "special one" for the 590 with bayo lug. I also have the "regular one" for the standard 500 on the way. I'll take pictures if your still interested. However, I do know the difference is that the 590 one just drops the light by another 1/4 inch or so. With the standard light head it JUST BARELY clears the lug and that is after you remove the sling swivel, and that you must do as it will hit otherwise. I don’t see how the optional larger light head would fit at all, in fact, I’m pretty sure that it will not fit at all on the 590 unless you shave the lug. The ONLY reason I did not shave it is I wanted to maintain the gun in factory condition (for some reason I can’t quite remember now) and that I did not want to have to mess with refinishing the barrel after the shave. Also, I understand that the latest version of the light with the on/off switch (in addition to the pressure switch) will not fit at all with the lug there, I guess I’ll find out because I have one of those on the way too. I see this string is on the old side, if your interested in the pics or have a question email me.

Jonk - Lakeland, FL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top