Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 52
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Any other source for the tube extension?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have a lead on an enlarged bolt close button that doesn’t cost $120 or require drilling and tapping?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556_Chowder] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Landsat8:
Anyone have a lead on an enlarged bolt close button that doesn’t cost $120 or require drilling and tapping?
View Quote

Speed Bar for Benelli Autoloader
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Just tried the Mesa on my SDS, the recoils tube is about 0.11 long.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By pmiya:

The Charles Daly has a recoil spring tube that is about 3/4" longer and also has a raised area on the bottom that looks like it is for an adjustable stock.  The Urbino stock will fit over this but the stock will not fully seat against the receiver.  I have an SDS SAX2 ordered and should be here either Monday or Tuesday.  Will see if the stock will fit on that one.  I may be able to modify the tube or the stock to get it to fit on the CD but will wait to see if it will work on the SDS.

The Mesa Tactical shell holder will fit on a Charles Daly.  It replaces the factory rail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SNAFU-M1A:

Why won't it work on the Charles Daly?

The Charles Daly has a recoil spring tube that is about 3/4" longer and also has a raised area on the bottom that looks like it is for an adjustable stock.  The Urbino stock will fit over this but the stock will not fully seat against the receiver.  I have an SDS SAX2 ordered and should be here either Monday or Tuesday.  Will see if the stock will fit on that one.  I may be able to modify the tube or the stock to get it to fit on the CD but will wait to see if it will work on the SDS.

The Mesa Tactical shell holder will fit on a Charles Daly.  It replaces the factory rail.

Awesome, thank you, I didn't realize that.  The Mesa Urbino will fix the SAX2, I just put one on mine last night.  I did have to use the SAX2 stock bolt instead of the Mesa bolt, I couldn't get it to screw in.  I bought the Charles Daly & SAX2 & they both arrived Friday. I'm going to put the collapsible stock on the Charles Daly whenever it comes in.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By oukaapie:
Just tried the Mesa on my SDS, the recoils tube is about 0.11 long.
View Quote

I would check to see if the jam nut on the recoil spring tube is interfering with the sling adapter/spacer that fits between the stock and the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]

I would check to see if the jam nut on the recoil spring tube is interfering with the sling adapter/spacer that fits between the stock and the receiver.
View Quote

If that’s the case, what do I need to do?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all for this thread. I'd been waffling on the Toros T4 for awhile. The Gruntreviews video almost scared me off, but it sounds like maybe he just got a lemon. Pulled the trigger tonight and bought it off gunbroker. Now to start tweaking...
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Svanthal:
Thanks all for this thread. I'd been waffling on the Toros T4 for awhile. The Gruntreviews video almost scared me off, but it sounds like maybe he just got a lemon. Pulled the trigger tonight and bought it off gunbroker. Now to start tweaking...
View Quote

I finally picked up some shells and shot mine today. Only 25 rounds of 00 buck but no issues.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

If the jam nut interferes with the sling adapter or spacer seating against the receiver locate the area that the nut is contacting the adapter.  Enlarge the opening in the adapter to allow it to sit flush against the receiver.  I noticed on the CHARLES DALY the adapter was contacting the jam nut on the bottom.  Really didn't matter since the stock won't work on that recoil spring tube.  

Should have an SDS SAX2 in the next  day or 2.  UPS delivery shows for tomorrow, have to arrange with the FFL a time to pick it up.  Will decide which one I will keep, the other will be sold to my brother.  I have function checked the Charles Daly using dummy rounds and it feeds them fine.  The pistons travel freely when the action is open, the O Rings are in good shape just waiting to get a chance to go out and shoot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Enlarge the opening in the adapter to allow it to sit flush against the receiver.  
View Quote

Thanks for that.  Fits fine now except for small gap behind trigger guard but that will be fine till my collapsible comes from NZ.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Breaking in my SDS Radikal SAX2, it did not like winchester white box bird shot, however all other brand of bird shot ran through it, shot buck and slugs, it did seem to lock the bolt back, getting it stuck, took it apart when i got home, seems to be okay now, next weekend will shoot more buck and slugs out of it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#13]
How bad did i screw up I bought the one that was in stock a +2 ext?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TripleB:
Breaking in my SDS Radikal SAX2, it did not like winchester white box bird shot, however all other brand of bird shot ran through it, shot buck and slugs, it did seem to lock the bolt back, getting it stuck, took it apart when i got home, seems to be okay now, next weekend will shoot more buck and slugs out of it.

View Quote

Isn’t the white box, really weak?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RobertM:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3738/333922BB-2D5F-4FEF-86C7-1E0C634F9456_png-1846936.JPG

View Quote

It does the same thing but its an extension instead of replacing the whole tube.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

It does the same thing but its an extension instead of replacing the whole tube.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3738/333922BB-2D5F-4FEF-86C7-1E0C634F9456_png-1846936.JPG

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:22:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: katzma] [#17]

View Quote
Won't be able to use if since the 5rd tube is shorter on the real benelli m4. The Turkish tube is 3/4-1" longer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Thanks
View Quote

I would take the word of people that have tried it saying that the factory turkish tube is a little too long. I would just try and get the whole tube since its the same price. It shouldn’t be a long wait.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Dave’s metal works are top notch people, he helped me when he didn’t have to. Customer for life.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Dave’s metal works are top notch people, he helped me when he didn’t have to. Customer for life.
View Quote

@RobertM What did he say? I’m going to order a tube from him as well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#22]
After I ordered the wrong one, he switch my order before it shipped  and sending the correct one. Not all companies will do that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EzGoingKev] [#23]
I ordered a (7) round tube from Dave on 02/17. I received a tracking number on 02/19. USPS tracking has shown they are still waiting to received the package.

At first I just figured Dave was behind. Then it occurred to me with all the problems the USPS has been having maybe it went right out and they lost it.

I tried calling Dave but got his VM. I emailed him but have not received a reply. If he is busy and fell behind then it is what it is but if USPS lost it I would like to figure out what needs to be done ASAP.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
I think they’ve been out of stock since around then?
View Quote

They did not show out of stock when I bought mine.

If you do not have stock then send an email saying that you ran out. It is what its. Don't send me some BS tracking number to keep PayPal happy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

That does suck.

I like my tube a lot, very simple and fits perfectly.

The website shows more in stock 3/8 hopefully you get yours soon.

I’m trying to decide on a light mount at the moment.
View Quote

I went with my old standby, the G,G &G combination light and sling mount.

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:57:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:
I ordered a (7) round tube from Dave on 02/17. I received a tracking number on 02/19. USPS tracking has shown they are still waiting to received the package.

At first I just figured Dave was behind. Then it occurred to me with all the problems the USPS has been having maybe it went right out and they lost it.

I tried calling Dave but got his VM. I emailed him but have not received a reply. If he is busy and fell behind then it is what it is but if USPS lost it I would like to figure out what needs to be done ASAP.
View Quote

Go online and start an inquiry.  It cannot hurt.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

I have tracking for my stuff and it doesn't show any activity since Feb 22 when it arrived at City of Industry CA Distribution Center.  I just filed an inquiry.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By blake-b:

I have tracking for my stuff and it doesn't show any activity since Feb 22 when it arrived at City of Industry CA Distribution Center.  I just filed an inquiry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blake-b:

I have an order with another online dealer that was quite similar. Placed an order and received a USPS tracking number a few days later. Every time I ran a status inquiry it came back the same way. When I contacted the business they explained that they have not shipped yet due to delays on their part.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:49:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EzGoingKev] [#30]
My tracking app on my phone updated this morning and it shows the tube will be delivered today. No other info - it just goes from label created on the 02/19 to arriving at my local post office this morning.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:17:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Syntax_Error] [#31]
What is the nut size for the front sight post nut? I've read some people having issues with the front sight coming loose under recoil, and the nut underneath the front sight post doesn't look to be threadlocked, so I'd like to put some Loctite on the threads to prevent this from happening by taking out the nut, applying loctite to the threads, and then tightening it back up again, but I don't have a wrench with a size that small so I'd like to confirm the size before buying one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#33]
On my Toros T4 5mm was too small and 5.5mm was slightly too big. I used the 5.5 but just be careful.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#35]
On my Toros T4 5mm was too small and 5.5mm was slightly too big. I used the 5.5 but just be careful.
View Quote

Yeah I ordered a new front sight. I picked up a bag of the 5.5mm from Amazon and i had to be careful. It got tight around 6 turns. I lubed up everything and made it past the tight area. It snug and I put some rocset on it as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Picked up my SDS SAX-2 today from the FFL

Very impressed with it, pretty much identical in build to the Benelli M4 i previously owned

Will be installing the Daves tube this weekend and the collapsing stock in a month or two when it arrives

Definitely going to need a larger bolt release button, do the aftermarket Benelli M4 ones work on this one?

Also, any current production rails that are similar to the Surefire M80? I'd really like an aftermarket rail so i can use a fore grip
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Briley carbon fiber 7 round tube installs nicely on the CD 601 DPS.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:56:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: diescheize11] [#38]
Only big complaint I have is the ball detent for the mag cap is too shallow to grab the notches in the cap. After I disassembled the thing I did discover shredded o rings, oh well, I'll replace, otherwise there was a strange shear mark on the front left of the bolt carrier over a little cotter pin. Possible it's normal and I did take a pic, just don't wanna go down that rabbit hole tonight. Im impressed with the thing. It's a clone in every essence.

ETA sds radikal sax-2
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 4:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castroyy] [#39]
So I finally took my stock and rear sight off. The rear sight is not machined correct, as the sight was not made right. 1 side is 1/8 inch longer, which makes the sight not fit right. So I'm on the hint for a Benelli M4 Rear Sight. I'll get some pics.

Edit*** so here's the rear sight. Maybe they are all like that, or maybe mine isn't right. All I know is that the right side is longer, and it tilts to the right quite a bit. I'll order a real one and see if there's a difference.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Does it shoot to point of aim? Have you tried it out? Is it cosmetic or functionally deficient?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By castroyy:
So I finally took my stock and rear sight off. The rear sight is not machined correct, as the sight was not made right. 1 side is 1/8 inch longer, which makes the sight not fit right. So I'm on the hint for a Benelli M4 Rear Sight. I'll get some pics.

Edit*** so here's the rear sight. Maybe they are all like that, or maybe mine isn't right. All I know is that the right side is longer, and it tilts to the right quite a bit. I'll order a real one and see if there's a difference.

https://i.imgur.com/uLPF9vo.jpg
View Quote

Even benelli’s come with canted sights. Do a google search and you’ll see.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By wreckless:
Does it shoot to point of aim? Have you tried it out? Is it cosmetic or functionally deficient?
View Quote

IT's far enough off that I have to tilt either the gun, or my head. I was hoping for the best. I'll red dot it and be done. The Benelli rear Sight is 160-200. I have a holosun laying around. I was going to replace the housing until I saw the prices. I was thinking of grinding it, but I'll just make it worse.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Is the reciever on the clone aluminum like the benelli?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Is the reciever on the clone aluminum like the benelli?
View Quote

Yes it seems to be. What are you thinking? Widen the screw holes and slide her over?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#45]
We have a 4 Peaks Copollo on the wall. Pump, but her rear sight is perfect.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By castroyy:

Yes it seems to be. What are you thinking? Widen the screw holes and slide her over?
View Quote

I couldn’t say. If I had mine here, I could take it apart and see what could be done. Any ideas on the benelli forums? I know they’ve had sight problems on the real deal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Hans77:
Picked up my SDS SAX-2 today from the FFL

Very impressed with it, pretty much identical in build to the Benelli M4 i previously owned

Will be installing the Daves tube this weekend and the collapsing stock in a month or two when it arrives

Definitely going to need a larger bolt release button, do the aftermarket Benelli M4 ones work on this one?

Also, any current production rails that are similar to the Surefire M80? I'd really like an aftermarket rail so i can use a fore grip
View Quote

The GG&G bolt release works.  I added one to my SDS SAX2 & really like it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Isn’t the white box, really weak?
View Quote

White box (universal) has shitty bases and hulls  that expand and jam just about any gun they’re shot in
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:37:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: diescheize11] [#49]
I got out to the range with my sax 2 and put 125 shots through it with 3 light primer strikes on 2 bird shot and either one slug or buckshot shell,I can't remember. 2 of them fired going back through the gun(one birdshot this time).

To cross my fingers and break it in I used a combination of 40 rounds of buck shot or slugs but mainly slugs first. Fricken fun as hell. Than I started pushing the bird bird shot through it quickly just cause it was a bit less fun, was cool to experiment with the choke tho. The sights were low but not bad.  I was baby sitting the nut on the front sight post, it seems ok. That fricken ball detent on the mag tube I was watching over that the whole time, having to give it a slight twist between tubes. So I gotta put money into that which is fine. Piston o rings also are done after cleaning it, the threads tear em up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: blake-b] [#50]
Dave's tube finally showed up along with the safety, follower, charging handle and speed bar.  I have had no issues other than the initial outing with some "short stroking" with light rounds.  I put another couple boxes through it Friday of various loads and it ran like a champ.  I am no waiting on the collapsible stock. I added a Scalarworks mount and a Holosun 507v2.

My tube was hand tight; no heat required for disassembly.  

Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top