BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If I get time today, I am going to pick one up.  I live between Newnan, GA and Douglasville!  How do you like the Governor's club?  The one in Powder springs isn't too far away from me (35 min) Do they allow shot (buckshot) from shotguns on the indoor range?

I always cling to my range in Newnan (Atlanta Range & Ordnance) which is great except the no "shot" from shotguns (slugs only) and I have a lifetime supply of Buckshot in storage.
View Quote
Governors Gun Club in Powder Springs and Kennesaw both allow 00 Buck and Slugs on the rifle range, so does Stoddards in Douglasville.

Governors in Powder Springs recently started closing on Mondays, most likely due to foot traffic being low.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up today!  It was a long wait with 3 people in front of me early this morning buying guns.

For those trying to replace the stock - Retro fans - some good news - It appears that an A1 or A2 butt stock will fit - A rifle tube will be needed.

It seems surprisingly well made for a budget Chi-Com gun.  Perhaps thanks to billions of dollars and US industry support the Chinese have upped their game on machining.

So some of my notes:

-A1, A2 stock should work.  If you want you can add a limbsaver recoil pad to these stocks.

-As noted previously by OP, a Mil-Spec stock will fit on the factory tube, but with limited position, you can drill another hole (maybe 2) to get some adjustment.

-The forend is M-lok style and is removed with 4 screws.  It might be possible to replace with modified, hogged out M4 handguards - It would take some tinkering - I am trying for somewhat of a retro look I'm not sure why, but really was going for retroish like Atchisson prototype-like.  I don't think triangle style even if cut will work - may continue probing at this although its sinful to tear triangular handguards apart.  I conceivably make an aluminum plate and some sort of adapter for other  hand guards following the screw pattern of the factory hand guard.  Maybe a good winter project.

-A 308 Carry handle fits a 5.56 carry handle is too short and looks silly on this length upper.  Too bad I can't find 308 carry handles anymore!  If anyone has a source??

-The barrel is deliberately thicker towards the front - I believe to provide enough thickness for the internal Rem-Choke threading.  So if one cuts the barrel for an SBS you may not be able to have enough wall thickness to re-cut Rem-Chokes.

-AR10 308 mags DO NOT fit well.  They are too narrow and slightly too long where it locks in - I was using this to judge if the AR10 size UTAS 12 gauge mags
would fit, My guess is no - but may be worth another close look with a UTAS mag.

-Saiga mags are close in geometry but different contour at the top - The AR style mag well probably changes geometry issues enough not to be able to re-work a saiga mag easy.  I may consider chopping up a saiga mag and affixing it to a M12 Ar styled mag as a last ditch effort to get higher capacity.  I would really like some more 5 round mags too.

The gun mechanics are very smooth with great machining all the way around - Nothing clunky or junky about it - My only gripe is I don't care for the look of the hand guard.  I may just try dressing it up with M-lok panels.

Here are some pics." />
" />
" />
" />

" />" />" />
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
What did you find holding the stock on? How did you remove it from the receiver extension (buffer) tube.

I have shot mine about 100 X but fail to see how the ejector works. The bolt is similar to a standard AR 15 bolt, has a heavy duty extractor with a large hook, so I get that part, but there is no spring loader plunger to eject the shells like on an AR15. I looked inside the receiver for an ejector similar to how a Glock works, but no dice. I cant figure out what is ejecting the shells by just looking at it. I will need to cycle a dummy round to see it, unless you can tell me.

Make sure to clean and LUBE it before first firing lol. Mine came with a card specifically stating that. I know many people like to buy guns and head straight to the range and start shooting.

But, .................you obviously know what your doing and don't need to hear that from me.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What did you find holding the stock on? How did you remove it from the receiver extension (buffer) tube.

I have shot mine about 100 X but fail to see how the ejector works. The bolt is similar to a standard AR 15 bolt, has a heavy duty extractor with a large hook, so I get that part, but there is no spring loader plunger to eject the shells like on an AR15. I looked inside the receiver for an ejector similar to how a Glock works, but no dice. I cant figure out what is ejecting the shells by just looking at it. I will need to cycle a dummy round to see it, unless you can tell me.

Make sure to clean and LUBE it before first firing lol. Mine came with a card specifically stating that. I know many people like to buy guns and head straight to the range and start shooting.

But, .................you obviously know what your doing and don't need to hear that from me.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!!!
View Quote
Thanks - I hope to, I just don't know how I want to dress this up.  Retro or Modern - or something in between.

To remove the factory stock - Remove the recoil pad 2 screws with a hex/allen head tool.  The top screw holds the stock to the buffer tube and the factory stock will slide right off.

Yeah took me a minute as it didn't just slip off like a normal AR retractable stock.

You are right - the ejector is more like a fixed ejector -and it is subtle - there are two screws noticeable on the upper receiver on the left side of the gun.  These hold a small steel plate just reward of the port area - and that does as you suggested like a pistol case ejector.  It just provides a surface for the reward empty shell to butt against when the empty shell is being pulled back by the bolt and kicks out an empty.

I wonder if we can get Csspecs to consider some mags the way they did on the AK variant that JTS makes.  There Saiga 8 round mags are by far the best mags for the 12 gauge semi by far.  Built like a tank.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks - I hope to, I just don't know how I want to dress this up.  Retro or Modern - or something in between.

To remove the factory stock - Remove the recoil pad 2 screws with a hex/allen head tool.  The top screw holds the stock to the buffer tube and the factory stock will slide right off.

Yeah took me a minute as it didn't just slip off like a normal AR retractable stock.

You are right - the ejector is more like a fixed ejector -and it is subtle - there are two screws noticeable on the upper receiver on the left side of the gun.  These hold a small steel plate just reward of the port area - and that does as you suggested like a pistol case ejector.  It just provides a surface for the reward empty shell to butt against when the empty shell is being pulled back by the bolt and kicks out an empty.

I wonder if we can get Csspecs to consider some mags the way they did on the AK variant that JTS makes.  There Saiga 8 round mags are by far the best mags for the 12 gauge semi by far.  Built like a tank.
View Quote
Thank you sir, I see that now. Great to have someone else owning this gun to converse with.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been playing around with this as time permits.

I added a Kicklite butt stock from another stock set up.  You can also simply use Regular Mil-Spec M4 style stocks but have limited adjustment as the buffer tube is longer than a normal.  I added an A1 grip as the A2 isn't that comfortable to me and A1 is better.  I may add a Magpul MOE+ grip eventually.

The gun has its charm and offers some accessorizing options.  Where else can one find a functional AR style shotgun like this at the same price point.  Those Turkish MKA and similar guns just don't have the same look as this with its well copied lower look.

For $550 to be a unique AR piston driven shotgun that works and looks nice - hard to beat. It needs more mags though.

This gun would be much more popular if high cap mags were available.  ETA - Yes rear sight is backwards - I threw it on for a quick pic LOL!

" />
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you going to install the more fancy muzzle choke it comes with? What are your thoughts on that?
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
The other choke is a Cylinder with a Flash Hider "look" and it does look nice. The internal choke is Modified which is good general purpose.

The CYlinder one looks the best BUT -

I haven't employed the Cyl as the barrel is already teasing me that its too long  It makes me feel like its a 30" full choke duck gun.  Just my personal preference.

These Non-NFA shotguns and recent SBS's I've been toying with really have me shocked at how long a 18" barrel is now.  I am very tempted to cut this back to 12-14 inches but am going to wait to see how other might approach cutting it down.  Cutting it down takes the barrel also takes the barrel to a thinner profile (0.905") I think and I believe that just gives enough to possibly install a Remchoke by reaming the bore at the cut point and tapping - one needs a wall thickness >0.15" so won't know for certain until its cut to determine.  If I can re-tap for Remchoke I will use the Cyl as the length will be not taunting me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
If it helps:

Choke tubes
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quick search

Mags

Sorry, ak variant, ar12 coming soon.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If it helps:

Choke tubes
View Quote
That was a good link there, thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Range Report:  I took 6 boxes of slugs - Mostly Brenneke and some Federal Truball and Remington all 2-3/4" had laying around.  Ran 100% for 30 shots all on Gas setting #2.  Very smooth recoil - The Brenneke's are old 2-3/4 magnum loads and those are very stout when shooting in any of my pumps. I need to get my range to reconsider the no-buckshot policy - I have tons of Buckshot and running down my slug supply.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Trying to Make this a little bit "Retro" by adding the A1 rifle stock and rifle length buffer tube.

I also added the Daniel Defense A1.5 Sights - Look a little retro.

I'm still looking for one of those MKA 1919 shotgun cheapo carry handle sights to make the look complete, the standard AR15 carry handle is too short - need about 10" long one like an AR10 or MKA 1919 carry handle sight - If anyone has a lead on one, please let me know : )

I may color the metal gray - like the USAS shotgun color scheme was.

So far this is a fun semi-auto shotgun with attributes of a much more expensive gun and unlike some of the AR10 12 gauge guns, this one actually works well.

Still need some aftermarket mags

" />
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#14]
How is yours looking for wear inside when cleaning upper reciever and bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks fine - are you getting some wear or peening on anything?  carrier and locking lugs looking okay.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:39:38 AM EDT
[#16]
That is an exceedingly odd location for the ejection port.  Is it pulling the shells backwards out of the magazine, like the Boberg/Bond Arms?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That is an exceedingly odd location for the ejection port.  Is it pulling the shells backwards out of the magazine, like the Boberg/Bond Arms?
View Quote
No.  Its like a normal AR - Bolt moves forward to pick up a round - If you load in a fresh mag and the bolt is already held reward in the BHO position (last round) You hit the release on the left side just like an AR it slams a fresh round forward to the chamber.  It seems to pull empty's a fair amount back before ejection and  not sure why the port is more back, but it does work.

I took it apart and cleaned it today - no unusual or excessive wear in about 100 rds.  (small volume).  The 18" barrel is eating at me though it looks too long!
Maybe this needs to be SBS!
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Added the sights I really wanted  An AR10 size carry handle (an old Armalite one) and matching front sight.

" />

" />

I hope CSSPECS makes some magazines - This is a fun shotgun - I am still deliberating on SBS ing it down to 12"  It runs cheap weak ammo now on the low gas setting don't want to ruin its ability to digest cheap food If I cut it down to say 12 and have to really tinker with it to do so.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey any follow up to getting more mags ???

Im still debating if its smoother than the AK model. Its surprising though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Added the sights I really wanted  An AR10 size carry handle (an old Armalite one) and matching front sight.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/005_zpshdmhugpf.jpg" target="_blank">http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/005_zpshdmhugpf.jpg

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/edited-image_zps3taaauoj.png" target="_blank">http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/X-ray6/edited-image_zps3taaauoj.png

I hope CSSPECS makes some magazines - This is a fun shotgun - I am still deliberating on SBS ing it down to 12"  It runs cheap weak ammo now on the low gas setting don't want to ruin its ability to digest cheap food If I cut it down to say 12 and have to really tinker with it to do so.
View Quote
How are you doing cherenkov?

I havent posted in this thread in a while, but I did go to Academy Sports today , Sunday 3/24/2019 and bought me another JTS AR12. I had to pay full price for it, $599.00 but I dont really care as I wanted it.

I got badly distracted the past 3 months shooting and modding with MossBerg Shockwaves. Can't wait to get back to playing with these AR shotguns. I have a few extra AR-15 parts left over in my AR-15 parts build bin, I might try and fit.

Hope you are doing well and your shotgun is performing like you hope.

So, whats the latest update on your AR12?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I have nothing new to report, I should try to call JTS and see if there is a way to get any more magazines.  I love thisshotgun.  For the price its hard to beat an AR platform shotgun that isn't above $1k or one of those Turkish tube guns on a faux lower.

I am hoping that CSSPECS makes mags - that would make this really rock.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have nothing new to report, I should try to call JTS and see if there is a way to get any more magazines. I love this shotgun.  For the price its hard to beat an AR platform shotgun that isn't above $1k or one of those Turkish tube guns on a faux lower.

I am hoping that CSSPECS makes mags - that would make this really rock.
View Quote
Yep, it is a freaking amazing gun, love mine as well, but like you wish there were more mags available. But, since I can only use 1 mag at a time, I keep using the same one over and over and keep the other in new condition. The mags look very well made at least.

Still no reviews on the internet, that strange considering how great it is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#23]
In case anyone wants a RETRO look Centerfire has the larger "shotgun" length AR10 size detachable carry handles from MKA 1919s for just $19.99.

Not bad for something that will make this shotgun look more like an Atchisson prototype.

Centerfire has a sale on MKA 1919 mags, rom a thread above this I am curious how close the MKA 1919 "AR" style mag are with the JTS particular shotgun.

I wish I oculd tell from pictures, but I may have to buy some.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-51154-mka-1919-carry-handle.aspx?keyword=mka-0005&utm_source=Centerfire+Systems&utm_campaign=2fc105ac46-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_03_26&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a17d16ad3c-2fc105ac46-128027533
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:53:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
I removed both recoil pad screws and pulled with all my strength, and the factory stock would not "slide right off" lol. I pulled like hell and it would not budge.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I removed both recoil pad screws and pulled with all my strength, and the factory stock would not "slide right off" lol. I pulled like hell and it would not budge.
View Quote
Hmmm.   - Mine would slide right off  I just took a look at it - it was not affixed from any other point on mine.

That factory stock had to go - I am mixed on what looks better, the kicklite retractable style or the retro A1 - If you go A1 a rifle length buffer tube will be needed.

Maybe if you can't figure it out, we'll have to meet ant putter on it together.  Aren't you somewhere west side of ATL?
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Hmmm.   - Mine would slide right off  I just took a look at it - it was not affixed from any other point on mine.

That factory stock had to go - I am mixed on what looks better, the kicklite retractable style or the retro A1 - If you go A1 a rifle length buffer tube will be needed.

Maybe if you can't figure it out, we'll have to meet ant putter on it together.  Aren't you somewhere west side of ATL?
View Quote
Yes, I am in Hiram GA.

Strange thing, I have 2 of these JTS guns. So I tried removing the factory stock from the other one and it came off no problem at all.

I also tried something else. In my AR-15 Build boxes I have a V Seven Weapons system Titanium Ambi selector with short throw option and I installed it into this shotgun. Fit real nice.  Short video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7ued0gEa4
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I did a couple of more mods to this gun today.

I replaced the 4 steel bolts that hold the hand guard on with raw Titanium 5 X 20 bolts. I have boxes full of Titanium bolts left over from my motorcycle racing days and these raw Ti bolts look nice.

I added a Magpul aluminum 3 slot rail to the front lower slot. Fit perfectly. I then attached one of my Veridian Green pistol lasers to it and sighted it in with a 12g bore sighter at 10 yards.

Will be headed to the range Sunday to see how accurate it shoots with the laser.

Im fairly certain the pistol grip can be replaced with a magpul part.

The fire control group remains to be seen as I have an unused double trap trigger in a box that might find a home finally in this shotgun lol.

The Charging handle latch is basically the same dimensions as mil spec but the roll pin is much larger and so is the hole in the latch. An oversized latch would be nice but that will require more gunsmithing than I am intersted in doing.

The trigger guard "might" be mill spec dimensions.

I did have a problem getting the bolt carrier group to slide out. Turns out it was hanging on the forward assist paw that just needed rotated some.

I love this gun, more than I ever thought I would.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I seem like I am talking to myself lol!

Went to the range today, took 8 boxes of 00, was all I had, planed to buy some slugs at the LGS but they were out.

Ran 40 rounds flawlessly using 5 +1 in the chamber, 6 rounds each time.

The Green Viridian laser worked perfect, too easy. Going to take it off and use the provided iron sights next time.

There is a round metal shield, part# 20 on the diagram, snaps around the barrle under the handguard, states Ventilation cover. I winder what Ventalation it actually does?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I seem like I am talking to myself lol!

Went to the range today, took 8 boxes of 00, was all I had, planed to buy some slugs at the LGS but they were out.

Ran 40 rounds flawlessly using 5 +1 in the chamber, 6 rounds each time.

The Green Viridian laser worked perfect, too easy. Going to take it off and use the provided iron sights next time.

There is a round metal shield, part# 20 on the diagram, snaps around the barrle under the handguard, states Ventilation cover. I winder what Ventalation it actually does?
View Quote
Thanks for updating us on the progress - I too noticed that part under the handguard - Yeah it does seem rather without need - perhaps just a heat sink.

I'm thinking I'd like to do something with the handguard - not sure what - I would like it longer - I am thinking an extended guard with an open cut in it to access the gas adjustment - similar to a Sig MCX handguard.  I'm not sure if it would be easier to make something custom or simply bolt on some sort of extension to the existing guard.

PS where are your pics

If you need me to post - shoot me a PM or email and I can post for you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Thanks for updating us on the progress - I too noticed that part under the handguard - Yeah it does seem rather without need - perhaps just a heat sink.

I'm thinking I'd like to do something with the handguard - not sure what - I would like it longer - I am thinking an extended guard with an open cut in it to access the gas adjustment - similar to a Sig MCX handguard.  I'm not sure if it would be easier to make something custom or simply bolt on some sort of extension to the existing guard.

PS where are your pics

If you need me to post - shoot me a PM or email and I can post for you.
View Quote
Added a Vortec Sparc 2 RED dot I already owned. Sighted in at 10 yards with bore sighter.

Can you see the picture below?

Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:36:29 AM EDT
[#31]
I like it!
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Did you notice the "ventilation cover" I left off laying on the top of the tool box? I may snap that back on.

Titanium bolts holding on the rail, Titanium ambi selector.

Found this video, shows both the AK and AR version. Wish we had those mags the AK version is shown with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm8cGcDATMU
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#33]
havent re-read this thread in awhile.... how is the bolt holding up?  seems like a lot of monkeky motion on the face of it... or, when i looked at it at Academy that was my impression. bolt on top of a bolt.... with lotsa springs etc in all directions
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
havent re-read this thread in awhile.... how is the bolt holding up?  seems like a lot of monkeky motion on the face of it... or, when i looked at it at Academy that was my impression. bolt on top of a bolt.... with lotsa springs etc in all directions
View Quote
Mine is holding up well ( no unusual wear or broken parts) but only a few hundred rounds fired - and about half of that is Fiocchi 7/8 oz low recoil slugs- I am wimping out in my old age with the heavy recoil slugs - I could shoot the low recoil stuff all day.

I keep on debating on doing a Form 1 SBS on this gun, I keep on getting ATF tax stamps for silencers and other SBRs ahead of this one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
. . . the magazines that come with it are well made. There are no extras right now, and the factory magazine only hold 5 rounds . . .
View Quote
A five round magazine that has to be removed to be topped off? How is that better than common Mossberg/Remington shotguns that hold 7 or 8 rounds and can be topped off on the fly? I can't imagine the ergonomics or handling is better than a traditional Remington, Benelli, Mossberg semi-auto.

I'm having a hard time imagining what this thing is for or how it's supposed to be "better" than current tactical/home defense shotguns. What is the point, exactly?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They're just hoping more mags come out. They are basically a range toy if they never come.
For serious social work I would definitely use a traditional shotgun like you mentioned.
View Quote
Range toy? LMMFAO!  Spoken by someone who doesnt even own one lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A five round magazine that has to be removed to be topped off? How is that better than common Mossberg/Remington shotguns that hold 7 or 8 rounds and can be topped off on the fly? I can't imagine the ergonomics or handling is better than a traditional Remington, Benelli, Mossberg semi-auto.

I'm having a hard time imagining what this thing is for or how it's supposed to be "better" than current tactical/home defense shotguns. What is the point, exactly?
View Quote
WOW, thats a revelation, I did not know Mossberg and Remington made a detachable magazine feed semi auto. Please provide link.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Mine is holding up well ( no unusual wear or broken parts) but only a few hundred rounds fired - and about half of that is Fiocchi 7/8 oz low recoil slugs- I am wimping out in my old age with the heavy recoil slugs - I could shoot the low recoil stuff all day.

I keep on debating on doing a Form 1 SBS on this gun, I keep on getting ATF tax stamps for silencers and other SBRs ahead of this one.
View Quote
YEP, same here, gun is flawless, I like it so much I bought a second one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm going to answer all your comments in this one quote.
First off I don't own one. But I got the chance to play with one at the range a while back that belonged to a guy there. They seem well made and reliable. However, the only way so far to have more than one magazine is buy another gun.
For tactical type shooting, I believe you are better off with even a 4 shot standard tube pump shotgun that can be topped of with ammo as you need than a 5 shot semi that you have to remove the magazine to top off.
Nobody said Mossberg or Remington had a mag fed semi with more capacity. I was agreeing with the above post that said a 7 or 8 shot Remington or other tube fed that can be loaded on the fly is better.

Magazines are an expendable item sooner or later they go bad, get lost, dropped, stepped on whatever. The biggest handicap to your gun is the fact you only have one magazine and none are available separate from another gun. Until that happens you're 5 shots and done. It takes two hands to drop and reload your mag. Most folks with no physical handicap and a bit of practice can top off a tube fed gun one handed and keep the gun and their head up in case of a threat. Meanwhile you're fumbling away loading your mag.
Run some three gun matches with your one mag if you really need this demonstrated to you.
I will stand behind my opinion that with only one magazine of 5 round capacity, any detachable mag shotgun is just a range toy. If Mossberg and Remington didn't sell extra mags for their mag fed pumps, they'd be in the same boat.
It's nothing personal, I'm not kicking your puppy because it's not good.
View Quote
FACT you say, I say WRONG, the gun comes with 2 Magazines not one, lol, stop posting false info as facts. And its one in the chamber and 5 in the magazine, thats 6 and 5 more shots and Im done.

Your too easy to own LMAO!
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh WOW! Look at what video I just found with a little Google searching, why its no other than "bodybagger" firing his HIGH capacity magazine pump shotgun lol. Waaaaay to much pumping, I will stay with semi auto thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmfxvtHBjk&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

WOW, thats a revelation, I did not know Mossberg and Remington made a detachable magazine feed semi auto. Please provide link.
View Quote
Not saying they do. How is messing with a box magazine better than simply slipping more rounds into an easily accessible tubular magazine on the fly?

If removable box magazines were an advantage on a shotgun then gun makers would offer more shotguns in that configuration and police departments, the military and 3-gunners would be using them. None of that is true. Why? Because for what a shotgun is used for, the current offerings are nearly ideal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

First off that's not me. There's a couple of folks using that name on the internet.
Second off , I stand corrected. I was mistaken on the number of mags that came with it. The guy that owned the one I shot said it came with one. He got gigged and didn't know better I guess.
Two mags makes the situation better in my mind. I do wish more were available as spares.
View Quote
So you post wrong second hand information as FACTS, then you blame your buddy for it? Really? That tells me all I need to know about you. Since your not contributing anything positive to the thread, why not just gracefully exit it?
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not saying they do. How is messing with a box magazine better than simply slipping more rounds into an easily accessible tubular magazine on the fly?

If removable box magazines were an advantage on a shotgun then gun makers would offer more shotguns in that configuration and police departments, the military and 3-gunners would be using them. None of that is true. Why? Because for what a shotgun is used for, the current offerings are nearly ideal.
View Quote
Thats just your opinion. Doesnt make it FACT,,(bodybaggers favorite word)
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thats just your opinion. Doesnt make it FACT,,(bodybaggers favorite word)
View Quote
I can accept that . . .

Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't think anyone thinks this gun will replace good established pump guns with tube magazines or the best shotgun for serious work - My serious work is collecting so it fits right into that.

Its an intriguing gun, and for that its fine to collect - its not superior to many other guns,

Like many guns including the AR15, its the aftermarket tinkering that helps build the platform and improve it  - this one doesn't seem like it will get far if mags won't be available - not a worry I have plenty other shotguns but those tinkerers out there might come up with other things to keep this going and I'm interested to see what results.

AR -looking shotguns like the Atchisson started development in late 60s and 70s and never took off, but then again systems like the AR-180 die and then get reinvested into after several market deaths.  I really like it as its an AR-like upper and lower design of its own (not a turkish gas gun) The AR in-line recoil system seems like it would lend itself to better recoil management than a Saiga and lead to innovation of the concept.

I'd like to hear from othrers that are playing with this gun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top