Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2017 6:24:01 PM EDT
I posted this pic in a response in a GD thread, but wanted to share it here.  The unwashed masses over there will likely not appreciate it.  

I competed in a pigeon shoot yesterday.  This is the lineup of competitors' guns when we got to the 35 yard final.  We had a 30 bird race, and then a "best of" 10 bird shootoff.  

Attachment Attached File

Top to bottom:

Benelli Legacy
Beretta 680
Kolar Max Lite Sporting
Beretta S05
Zoli (not sure of the model)
Beretta DT10
Kreighoff K80
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! Those are some really nice looking shotguns!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a lot of $$$ on the table!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
[monoply guy] Nice [\monoply guy]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's an awful lot of money on top of what I assume to be a very cheap collapsible table.
View Quote
Three hay bales with a sheet over them.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Give me that SO5. That's my shotgun endgame.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Place holder for my ceasers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone ever done a tower shoot with live birds?

I highly suggest you go if you get the chance.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nice guns!!!

Any pictures or the actual event??
View Quote
Thanks.

No pics of the event.  We learned the hard way a couple of years ago when some pics got posted to FB and a few of the guys got harassed by PETA types.  

We now keep these "invitation only".
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone ever done a tower shoot with live birds?

I highly suggest you go if you get the chance.
View Quote
They are a blast!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well your post got my juices flowing and I already found a place in PA to go and a sponsor. Just have to get a date together.  

What shotshells and shot size are best?! What about chokes?? I assume 12 gauge is best??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

No pics of the event.  We learned the hard way a couple of years ago when some pics got posted to FB and a few of the guys got harassed by PETA types.  

We now keep these "invitation only".  
Well your post got my juices flowing and I already found a place in PA to go and a sponsor. Just have to get a date together.  

What shotshells and shot size are best?! What about chokes?? I assume 12 gauge is best??
You boys just keep that to secret info to yourself...I don't need (can't afford) another shooting sport to get addicted to...or the need for another nice gun with which to shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Very nice!  I do not own one or ever had one or ever will have one.  But there is something about those really nice, really expensive shotguns.  I love them
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
12 gauge is a must.   I like Fiocchi Helice nickel plated 1 1/4 ounce 3 3/4 dram 7.5s, but any good quality pigeon load will do.  Heck, I've sometimes used fast (1325 fps +) 1 ounce FITASC loads for the first shot.  7.5s are the largest shot that can legally be used in competition.  

As far as chokes, I shoot .0020 in the bottom barrel and .0030 in the top most of the time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here the thing. From what I hear you can actually make money at this. But Bud would know better.

Trap = trophies no money. Sporting no money on the shoots just the side games. Skeet pays good but you give it all back in travel and hotels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You boys just keep that to secret info to yourself...I don't need (can't afford) another shooting sport to get addicted to...or the need for another nice gun with which to shoot it.
Here the thing. From what I hear you can actually make money at this. But Bud would know better.

Trap = trophies no money. Sporting no money on the shoots just the side games. Skeet pays good but you give it all back in travel and hotels.
You can absolutely make money, but it also costs some coin to play.

Most pigeon shoots are $10 per bird; that does not include side bets.  A typical race is 30 birds per shooter.   There can be several races at a shoot.  I won some money last weekend, but not enough to pay all of my fees.  You can, however, make some serious money at the bigger shoots.

A buddy of mine shot in a big shoot a few weeks ago and spent $2500 in fees and side bets.  He went home empty handed.  The guy who won HOA took home $20k.  I have seen Calcutta purses go north of $50k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top