Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2017 9:47:41 PM EDT
Friend had me look at why his Stevens 67 would not hold shells in the magazine.  I replaced the part that holds them in and now they stay put, the problem is the damn thing only feeds if I hold the gun upside down.  Right side up and they don't come out of the mag.  Anybody have any ideas why?  I cant say if this problem existed before since it would not hold a shell in the mag before.  My short answer was he should dump the POS and just get a mossy but meh, not my money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
How is the magazine tube spring, is the follower moving freely in the magazine tube?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Moving yes, but that's a good thought, maybe it has a weak spring.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you put the mag tube on backwards? A lot of people put the mag tube on with the dimple towards the receiver, and the follower won't go all the way down. The dimple should go towards the muzzle and fits in the notch in the endcap to keep the magtube from spinning around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top