Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2017 8:52:46 PM EDT
And one of the 500$ 12g ak's AIM has, (other than five hundred bucks lol)

Talk to me.

I want a made 12g AK.  Willing to spend the higher amount, but not if I don't have to.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
main difference is the VEPR has a thicker/heavier receiver

ETA: I have no idea how the current ones are but I know the first chinese 12g aks imported were utter garbage. Go Russian.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
A few minutes of surfing shows that these new ones are maybe one week in county so no reviews yet.

580$ though.   With a keynote handguard and saiga mag (but not drum) compatibility.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
DDI was selling a 12ga for awhile, that appears to be the same as the current Cheetah imports.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Main difference is the Vepr is self regulated gas system, all the other AK platform shotguns are manually adjusted gas regulation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The VEPR is higher quality than the Saiga.
However, both are built on an AK receiver and both Russian.

The EM-12B and the JKS-12 (from Academy Sports) are Chinese.
They are built from scratch as a 12 gauge, so have a longer receiver.
They have a number of cool features, such as mag well, adjustable gas block and threaded for Rem Chokes.
The EM12-B has an M-lok handguard.  Both have optics rails.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I was frustrated that I could find no info on the EM-12B so I said screw it and bought one. It will show up Monday, I want to shoot sporting clays with it. Considering throwing a spare red dot on it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have at least one of each.  The VEPR is better in every way.  The Saiga is only priced up there because it is no longer imported.  The JTS is a close copy of the VEPR, but is not as refined and rough on the edges.  That said, it's a steal for the price.  Less aftermarket support though, and mags/drums are hard to come by.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 9:41:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have at least one of each.  The VEPR is better in every way.  The Saiga is only priced up there because it is no longer imported.  The JTS is a close copy of the VEPR, but is not as refined and rough on the edges.  That said, it's a steal for the price.  Less aftermarket support though, and mags/drums are hard to come by.
View Quote
I considered the VEPR, but by the time I started shopping everything new had a fixed folder.

In my disappointment I convinced myself that it's too heavy and the lack of an adjustable gas system would suck for light loads. Do either of those bother you / does your gun run cheap ammo?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top