Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2017 10:30:32 AM EDT
Help me arfcom, you're my only hope.

I am going to buy a 12ga at the end of Sept and I can't decide what I want. I have no actual "need" or really even use for one other than I just like shooting them. Right now I am torn between two very different guns. I'll mostly shoot it out at a relatives farm. Might take a shot or two at some clays, might just blow up pumpkins. What says the shotty hive?

Stoeger M3K

Mossberg 590a1 SPX

Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Mossberg
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
U need a take-down.

Winchester Model 12- what I have but any of the following is be happy with.
Stevens 520 or 620
Remington Model 10

Then cut it down to 18-20in.  I used a handsaw on mine. Made a near perfect circle of masking tape around the barrel and followed the edge.  Cleaned the edges with a file.  Bought a bead a drill bit and a tap   ran a line from the end to end to get the center.

I turned a duck gun I had no use for into something I take everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The Mossberg in the pic looks like the pump version, not the SPX ... I only have the pump version.

Personally I like a pump because I can experiment with more types of ammo to shoot crap with.

They both look fun and I bet those pumpkins are in trouble :)

Don't forget to post pics please :)
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Thread update, I bought a Beretta 1201FP - its out for delivery to my FFL as I type this!
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top