Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
bout finished with mine. i stippled the grips myself. added a Wilson +1, Amazon velcro 5 rd side saddle. made the strap out of some 1" nylon strapping and attached with t posts and screws. True glow snap on fiber sight had to be modified to lock around the factory front sight and make room around the foreend. might eventually swap this to a screw in fiber sight.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bout finished with mine. i stippled the grips myself. added a Wilson +1, Amazon velcro 5 rd side saddle. made the strap out of some 1" nylon strapping and attached with t posts and screws. True glow snap on fiber sight had to be modified to lock around the factory front sight and make room around the foreend. might eventually swap this to a screw in fiber sight.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222048/3F60EF40-EEDC-4513-97CA-7CBF522D1BC2-530106.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222048/B73D7892-677A-421E-86E1-143634CA9D2C-530107.JPG
View Quote
Nice. These things are badass!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The Tac14 was born to wear the Wilson +1.  It should come standard.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Beauty and the Beast
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
What’s the legality of a vertical grip? Cause the guys at RECOIL seem to think it’s good to go.

http://www.recoilweb.com/smaller-is-better-remingtons-new-20-gauge-tac-14-shotgun-130036.html
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What’s the legality of a vertical grip? Cause the guys at RECOIL seem to think it’s good to go.

http://www.recoilweb.com/smaller-is-better-remingtons-new-20-gauge-tac-14-shotgun-130036.html
View Quote
Its a firearm, not a pistol, so a vertical grip shouldn’t be a concern. OAL is the biggest issue.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a handgun so it shouldnt be a problem, other than twisting the actuating arms on the fore end tube.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222048/3F60EF40-EEDC-4513-97CA-7CBF522D1BC2-530106.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222048/B73D7892-677A-421E-86E1-143634CA9D2C-530107.JPG
View Quote
@evnash

what is that grip tape like material you have on your MOE fore end?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@evnash

what is that grip tape like material you have on your MOE fore end?
View Quote
i stippled it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

i stippled it.
View Quote
Damn.

I bought some mag grips for my shockwave but they have loose ends in them and look shitty thought maybe you had a new something I hadnt seen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Couple of questions for you Gentlemen.

On the SB brace and pistol grip set, can the pistol grip (Ergo, right?) be removed and replaced with an AR comparable grip like the Magpul MOE?

Which +1 tube extension matches the finish of the Tac 14 the best?

I'm about to work out the credit card!

Thanks!
View Quote
@FiveO

I got your email, but figured it would benefit everyone if I responded here.

SB Brace Stock adapter fits AR style grips. So the Magpul Moe AR15 Grip should work.

On a Choate folding mechanism appears to take an AK pattern grip like the Moe AK Grip. I don't know how much (if any) hand fitting is required though.

I'm trying to get a sample of the folding assembly from Choate currently (as I am a cheap SOB) and will hopefully know more later.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@FiveO

I got your email, but figured it would benefit everyone if I responded here.

SB Brace Stock adapter fits AR style grips. So the Magpul Moe AR15 Grip should work.

On a Choate folding mechanism appears to take an AK pattern grip like the Moe AK Grip. I don't know how much (if any) hand fitting is required though.

I'm trying to get a sample of the folding assembly from Choate currently (as I am a cheap SOB) and will hopefully know more later.
View Quote
@fmj_shooter

Thanks, sent an IM before finding this!

I think I'm going to order the Choate and roll my own. E-Mailed Suarez about availability and shipping times. They said they will "build it" upon ordering.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@fmj_shooter

Thanks, sent an IM before finding this!

I think I'm going to order the Choate and roll my own. E-Mailed Suarez about availability and shipping times. They said they will "build it" upon ordering.

Thanks!
View Quote
Oops. I just responded to the PM. Disregard. Its the same as I posted here.

I am going to set up one similar. I probably wont keep it on the gun full time, but put it on for fun time at the range.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Playing with some mini slugs and 2 3/4 #7 shot on my rubber dummy. 25 to 3 yards

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone else feel like a total badass CCW ing one of these.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was checking out from Adventure Outdoors today in Smyrna and the guy in front of me was buying a TAC-14 and a Mossberg Shockwave - He wanted one for each car!- Saying If he had to have a truck/car gun if something went down - :these were so "BadA$$" he might get an advantage on intimidation factor alone. "
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's a whole lot of boomstick to have tucked away.

My old man saw mine and called it my Mad Max gun. He then bought one himself. Now I gotta make him a forend strap too. My brother-in-law bought one the day after he saw mine too. He got the 20ga though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's a whole lot of boomstick to have tucked away.

My old man saw mine and called it my Mad Max gun. He then bought one himself. Now I gotta make him a forend strap too. My brother-in-law bought one the day after he saw mine too. He got the 20ga though.
View Quote
I’ve got a long torso, so with a sling, the birdshead tucks under my armpit, and the whole thing slinks down my side.

Don’t figure i would CCW it often, but a cool option.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I’ve got a long torso, so with a sling, the birdshead tucks under my armpit, and the whole thing slinks down my side.

Don’t figure i would CCW it often, but a cool option.
View Quote
I need to hone my leathercraft first, but something like this is on the to-do list.

Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
may want to read the ATF letter on these things.
that link came from here, link titled "page 2 of fourth letter"
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I need to hone my leathercraft first, but something like this is on the to-do list.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/73/dc/96/73dc9672cf032e9baecf1b5491e00a0f.jpg
View Quote
That is pure sex.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never been great with legalize. But if there is a potential issue with carrying one concealed, then I wont risk it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That does not say concealing a shockwave is illeagle. It's says that the reason 26" was chosen was because? they do not feel it can reasonably be concealed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That does not say concealing a shockwave is illeagle. It's says that the reason 26" was chosen was because? they do not feel it can reasonably be concealed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Aimless

Need a legal opinion.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm fairly certain your concealed carry permit applies only to handguns, which the TAC14 and Shockwave are not. You may live in a state that defines what you can and cannot carry differently, but for most states, handgun is what the law applies to.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#26]
My Tac-14 rides overhead. I still need to order the Wilson +1.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
First link, first paragraph. Did you read it? They said a firearm over 26" would be classified as an AOW if there is evidence that it has been concealed on a person.
ETA: sorry, I don't mean to sound like a Dick, but I think they spelled it pretty clear. I thought that's what they were trying to say, but maybe I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My Tac-14 rides overhead. I still need to order the Wilson +1.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/233137/15968396-6C54-4DD9-805C-88007C0EDF71-532843.JPG
View Quote
And where do I get one of those????
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I repurposed a Santa Cruz shotgun mount system. And made the rest.
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
First link, first paragraph. Did you read it? They said a firearm over 26" would be classified as an AOW if there is evidence that it has been concealed on a person.
ETA: sorry, I don't mean to sound like a Dick, but I think they spelled it pretty clear. I thought that's what they were trying to say, but maybe I'm wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a definition "capable of being concealed".  That doesn't mean if you conceal a shockwave it changes it.
It's like a pistol brace. Shouldering it doesn't make it a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep, likely what happened.
I did not however see a 12.5" barrel anywhere else for sale, including Remington's site.
Still glad I eventually got it... but learned my lesson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe this is what their 14" barrel is
Remington online store

Hmm...charge customer 300 bucks (take his money immediately). Go online and order/backorder barrel @ $230.
Ship eventually when you get it. PROFIT.
Yep, likely what happened.
I did not however see a 12.5" barrel anywhere else for sale, including Remington's site.
Still glad I eventually got it... but learned my lesson.
Yeah if it's kind of a unique configuration I can see the $300 price tag. Lets say they get a factory bbl for $150, add in whatever sights cost, then cost to chop bbl and install sights.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah if it's kind of a unique configuration I can see the $300 price tag. Lets say they get a factory bbl for $150, add in whatever sights cost, then cost to chop bbl and install sights.
View Quote
I've seen factory 12" barrels with sights from Remington, they are just not on that webstore. Might be able to call if they have customer service for retail online sales.

Probably the only reason they sell the 14" barrel on the webstore is because it can go on the Tac 14 without NFA change. I remember some years back, I couldn't get factory short barrels from Remington without calling and sending in the SOT.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've seen factory 12" barrels with sights from Remington, they are just not on that webstore. Might be able to call if they have customer service for retail online sales.

Probably the only reason they sell the 14" barrel on the webstore is because it can go on the Tac 14 without NFA change. I remember some years back, I couldn't get factory short barrels from Remington without calling and sending in the SOT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may go this route.
The Suarez barrel looks like crap.
Sights look like they are stuck on with bubblegum.
Cant believe I waited almost 2 fucking months for this piece of shit.
I dont know how companies like this stay in business.
It would be pointless to ship it back for correction... as Id probably wait 6+ months for it to be returned, if at all.

I dont have it available for pics at the moment.
Everything is packed up in boxes as we are moving on the 25th.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I may go this route.
It would be pointless to ship it back for correction... as Id probably wait 6+ months for it to be returned, if at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I may go this route.

Complain and you will most likely get a response personally from Gabe challenging you to a gunfight in South America. You think I'm joking?? He is that level of fucking tool! Why the fuck are people still supporting this cancer?!

Check this place out:

https://www.aiptactical.com/

Cheers!

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I may go this route.

View Quote
Damn, that sucks, man. Just use that barrel til the sights fall off and then write Suarez about quality issues...

Quoted:

Complain and you will most likely get a response personally from Gabe challenging you to a gunfight in South America. You think I'm joking?? He is that level of fucking tool! Why the fuck are people still supporting this cancer?!
View Quote
It's funny, cuz it's true.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Check this place out:

Cheers!

S/F

Al
View Quote
Bawhahaha! Gunfight in SA. That’s some shit man.  

Someone should take him up on it!
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

My new TAC-14.  I've added a Vang Comp systems barrel and a MCS action bar and hand guard.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Joescuba.....may I ask where you found the MCS action bar and hand guard?    ...I've been looking hard for these.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Joescuba.....may I ask where you found the MCS action bar and hand guard?    ...I've been looking hard for these.  Thanks.
View Quote
I finally found one at SJ Hardware in Canada (no affiliation).  Mine is supposed to be here the 15th.  See how it looks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
I picked it up from Remington before they stopped selling the parts.  I had to have it shipped to a military address.  I paid $35.00 for both parts including shipping.

Regards
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I picked it up from Remington before they stopped selling the parts.  I had to have it shipped to a military address.  I paid $35.00 for both parts including shipping.

Regards
View Quote
We have an MCS here at the shop. We used to make a tiny picatinny forend for them. I wish I had bought some spare forend assemblies when they could be had. I could have made a killing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 3:19:47 AM EDT
[#42]
I should be able to pick mine up this weekend. I can't decide between the walnut police forend or the synthetic version. Need to order the Wilson +1 once I decide on the position of the sling tab. And I might as well get a Mesa 6 shot side saddle too.

I got tired of waiting for for the factory Hardwood edition.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I should be able to pick mine up this weekend. I can't decide between the walnut police forend or the synthetic version. Need to order the Wilson +1 once I decide on the position of the sling tab. And I might as well get a Mesa 6 shot side saddle too.

I got tired of waiting for for the factory Hardwood edition.
View Quote
I bought a right side version.

However, on the tac-14, there is enough room between the tube and barrel that you can rotate it to be a bottom mount that has a few degrees of freedom to rotate.  If you have snap ring pliers, you can take the strap plate off, or flip it to use on the left.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Put a stud on the grip, a sling, and a lancer shell holder on the strap.

Link Posted: 5/12/2018 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Check this place out:

Cheers!

S/F

Al
View Quote
I never heard of suarez until seeing someone post a link to his site here on Arfcom.
I made the mistake of clicking the link and sending him $300.

There should be a site rule that disallows hot-linking of shithead vendors. Would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

I like what AIP has to offer, but still didnt see a 12.5" option.
Judging by AIP's pricing...  sure looks like Suarez fucked me pretty good.

Edit to add:
Dug the barrel out of storage for pics since im still pissed.
Upon closer examination...  I find the front sight is also deformed from beating with a hammer.

$300 fucking dollars for this mess... and almost 2 months of waiting.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I never heard of suarez until seeing someone post a link to his site here on Arfcom.

There should be a site rule that disallows hot-linking of shithead vendors. Would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

Edit to add:
Upon closer examination...  I find the front sight is also deformed from beating with a hammer.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180512_110532_resized-541734.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180512_110625_resized-541735.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180512_110638_resized-541736.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180512_110657_resized-541737.JPG
View Quote
Generally, when I see someone post about bad work its not as bad as they make it out to be....in this case, WOW, that's some shoddy work!!
Looks like bubba, needs to revisit how flux and HEAT interacts with silver solder.... used far to little of each. And, should have covered the entire base of each sight with solder.... the pictures look more like silver spot welding gone all wrong!
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Generally, when I see someone post about bad work its not as bad as they make it out to be....in this case, WOW, that's some shoddy work!!
Looks like bubba, needs to revisit how flux and HEAT interacts with silver solder.... used far to little of each. And, should have covered the entire base of each sight with solder.... the pictures look more like silver spot welding gone all wrong!
View Quote
Normally I would contact CS and ask that it be made right... but in this case, after waiting almost two months for this abortion to arrive and now knowing what I do about Suarez...  it would be a pointless effort.

Live and learn.

I would consider sending it out for repair... but certainly NOT to Suarez.
Will need to do some research and see who can fix this mess.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Edit to add:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180512_110532_resized-541734.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180512_110625_resized-541735.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180512_110638_resized-541736.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7187/20180512_110657_resized-541737.JPG
View Quote
I would take him up on the Guatemala Gunfight option to settle the issue, as long as he is using his own barrels and sights.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 3:07:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I would take him up on the Guatemala Gunfight option to settle the issue, as long as he is using his own barrels and sights.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Edit to add:

View Quote
You've been a member here since 2001 and just learned of Gabe Suarez????

Hall of Shame douchebags like Suarez, Yeager, Daryl Bolke, Mickey Berger (Mick Strider), Duane Dwyer, John Willis, etc used to make weekly headlines for their Tomfuckery! We are slipping as a community and need to keep these shitbags antics up to date for unsuspecting members.

S/F

Al
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top