BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:38:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It works. That's what SB Tactical is using for their Tac 14 kits. Mesa ones work as well, but are offered in aluminum for a heftier price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hows the ergo 870 stock adapter work with the tac14
It works. That's what SB Tactical is using for their Tac 14 kits. Mesa ones work as well, but are offered in aluminum for a heftier price.
Tacfire is pretty nice for the money. It's some where between Ergo and Mesa. Made out of cast alluminum. Also has two QD mounts.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
For those of you asking about slings, the US Marshals used to use an M1 carbine sling on their "witness protection" guns, like so...
Attachment Attached File

They deployed them in this manner...

The key to this system was the design of the sling. The designers utilized an M1 Carbine sling with a quick-release snap that was mounted to the hand stop. The shotgun could be slung under a jacket in an upside-down configuration. To present the shotgun, the user would grasp the forend with his or her support hand, reach across their body and unsnap the sling. This freed the shotgun, and the support hand pulled the gun from under the jacket for a reasonably efficient presentation.
View Quote
I have my Mossberg "Night stick" set up like this...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:00:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For those of you asking about slings, the US Marshals used to use an M1 carbine sling on their "witness protection" guns, like so...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7785/Wilson-Witness-Protection-870-5_jpg-813136.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7785/20190109_173856_jpg-813137.JPG
View Quote
That's very nice. Tell me about that wood grip? I am thinking about making a similar one from an old 870 police stock. I'm not a fan of the birch stained to resemble walnut. (Just let it be birch. Birch is beautiful.)

Look at this picture. To avoid having a gaping hole in the grip, it looks like the WP870s had a plug glued in. It would retain the loose grip bolt. The plug itself was bored through with a small hole to allow a skinny turnscrew to access the slot in the bolt head.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7785/Wilson-Witness-Protection-870-5_jpg-813136.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7785/20190109_173856_jpg-813137.JPG
View Quote
I wish I could find that black sling like in the pic. There are no black usgi carbine slings to my knowledge. It must have been patterned off the carbine slings for commercial use. I know a regular carbine slings works, but I want it black
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wish I could find that black sling like in the pic. There are no black usgi carbine slings to my knowledge. It must have been patterned off the carbine slings for commercial use. I know a regular carbine slings works, but I want it black
View Quote
Black Rite dye should take care of that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Black Rite dye should take care of that.
View Quote
That's what I'm thinking. The tan reproduction ones should dye ok. I still would like to know what that sling is in the image.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Notice how that one in the picture is also nylon and doesn't have any metal ends on it. Weird sling. Probably could just buy the snap alone, the snap setting tool and some nylon webbing or a nylon sling. The m1 carbine sling was 1" I believe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Affermative.... sling is 1"

Now, one COULD go thru the trouble of sourcing black nylon, the proper buckle, a lift the dot fastener and proper setting die... for how much?  A repro carbine sling is $15... plus a couple of bucks in Rit dye...

I'm keeping mine green... gives it more of a retro look IMHO
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now, one COULD go thru the trouble of sourcing black nylon, the proper buckle, a lift the dot fastener and proper setting die... for how much?  A repro carbine sling is $15... plus a couple of bucks in Rit dye...

View Quote
I've been known for going through quite a bit of trouble for silly stuff like this

I might regret it if the cost hits triple digits though
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Notice how that one in the picture is also nylon and doesn't have any metal ends on it. Weird sling. Probably could just buy the snap alone, the snap setting tool and some nylon webbing or a nylon sling. The m1 carbine sling was 1" I believe.
View Quote
The slings could have been handmade. All that hardware is pretty common
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been known for going through quite a bit of trouble for silly stuff like this

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been down that road a few times!  Lol.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]
No mods to share, but I thought I’d say that I took my 20gauge Tac-14 rabbit hunting last weekend and ended up shooting three rabbits with it.

I’m usually the one that dives into the pricker bushes and heavy brush to jump the rabbits, and it was perfect for this as the Tac-14 is close to 2’ shorter than the gun I usually drag through the brush (a youth 20gauge 870).
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
hows the ergo 870 stock adapter work with the tac14
View Quote
@evnash

Ergo with Magpul K Grip and SB-A3

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I need to get a side saddle for mine. What are y’all running?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Tacstar slim side saddles are pretty nice for what they are. They don't break the bank either.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Leather sling, Wilson Combat hi-vis follower, SKD TAC shotshell holders...pretty simple...

" />
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Leather sling, Wilson Combat hi-vis follower, SKD TAC shotshell holders...pretty simple...

http://i63.tinypic.com/11i1kl1.jpg" target="_blank">http://i63.tinypic.com/11i1kl1.jpg
View Quote
Your sling is set up wrong.
http://thecmp.org/training-tech/armorers-corner/1907-sling-installation/
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://i63.tinypic.com/11i1kl1.jpg" target="_blank">http://i63.tinypic.com/11i1kl1.jpg
View Quote
Beautiful!  Just turn that sling around and its perfect.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Soprano saxophone soft case... bought for $15 off of Ebay!  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#21]
went with the ergo, magpul, sb brace combo. fun to shoot

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanx.
This years Birthday Present to me from me will be a bunch of accessories.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanx.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanx.
It's a surprisingly slick setup.  The gun fits like a glove... the outside pouch holds 15 extra shells... and you could walk thru Walmart carrying it and not raise an eye!
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone know who makes the shortest pistol brace tube? Thinking of running the tac14 sans full brace
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anyone know who makes the shortest pistol brace tube? Thinking of running the tac14 sans full brace
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#26]
But how do I attach the saw to the back?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
But how do I attach the saw to the back?
View Quote
Worst pistol grip ever....
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#28]
anyone replace the front bead sight with a fiber optic one? i dont think you can unscrew it so you could cut it off and then drill and tap for something like this

Link Posted: 2/24/2019 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
anyone replace the front bead sight with a fiber optic one? i dont think you can unscrew it so you could cut it off and then drill and tap for something like this

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31Sy%2BJe0eZL._SY355_.jpg
View Quote
XS sights makes a tritium big dot that epoxies on top of the existing sight. Info available here.

Suarez International offers a fiber optic option on their Amphibian 12 version of the Tac 14. They may be willing to install it on your barrel; but, Suarez has a bad reputation for customer service.

Failing that, I'd email Tru Glo.

ETA
I forgot about Wilson Combat. They offer Shotgun customization services including adding a fiber optic sight to a 14 inch barrel. I would go here before Suarez!
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

XS sights makes a tritium big dot that epoxies on top of the existing sight. Info available here.

Suarez International offers a fiber optic option on their Amphibian 12 version of the Tac 14. They may be willing to install it on your barrel; but, Suarez has a bad reputation for customer service.

Failing that, I'd email Tru Glo.

ETA
I forgot about Wilson Combat. They offer Shotgun customization services including adding a fiber optic sight to a 14 inch barrel. I would go here before Suarez!
View Quote
The epoxy-on Big Dot is good to go. I just haven't done it on my Tac14 yet, but definitely will.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Local had a 12” for cheap and I like ribbed.

Looking to swap out the sbx for sbm4 or mini and cut down the tube at the threads so it sits flush
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#32]
The tacstar adapter let me get the tube near flush.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Anyone know if the Tac-14 hardwood versions are shipping with a police/Wingmaster style ball detent on the barrel ring or if they use another method of retaining the 1 round magazine tube extension?  I don't like the look of the polished extension but if I can throw an old style spring retainer and cap on I will buy one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the Tac-14 hardwood versions are shipping with a police/Wingmaster style ball detent on the barrel ring or if they use another method of retaining the 1 round magazine tube extension?  I don't like the look of the polished extension but if I can throw an old style spring retainer and cap on I will buy one.
View Quote
Mine does.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mine does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine does.
Ditto this. Mine has the ball detent too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey, I fucked up and got a Scatter gun Technologies +1 extension that goes to the side not down. Does any one sell a down clip by itself?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hey, I fucked up and got a Scatter gun Technologies +1 extension that goes to the side not down. Does any one sell a down clip by itself?
View Quote
I literally just got this. https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/shotgun-sling-mounts/remington-sling-mount-prod12519.aspx

I knocked the BB out so that it would fit correctly over the extension tube and allow the extension to twist on the threads. It fits exactly as the sideways plate.  Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I literally just got this. https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/shotgun-sling-mounts/remington-sling-mount-prod12519.aspx

I knocked the BB out so that it would fit correctly over the extension tube and allow the extension to twist on the threads. It fits exactly as the sideways plate.  Very happy with it.
View Quote
Nice
I need one of these
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#40]
TNRonin

Thanks that looks like just the ticket!
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/FssdhLE.jpg

Local had a 12” for cheap and I like ribbed.

Looking to swap out the sbx for sbm4 or mini and cut down the tube at the threads so it sits flush
View Quote
@mr_kong

How much is cheap? I am about to cut down my barrel but I like the vent rib.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#42]
@AR_DIESEL
I grabbed it for $40
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@AR_DIESEL
I grabbed it for $40
View Quote
@mr_kong
Damn! I assume that was the only one?! Pm me shop info if there were more. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@mr_kong
Damn! I assume that was the only one?! Pm me shop info if there were more. Thanks
View Quote
Heh just one, private seller on lolArmslist

It was a cut down btw
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#46]
anyone use a briley +1 extension?
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

@evnash

Ergo with Magpul K Grip and SB-A3

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/871/IMG_1855_JPG-826993.JPG
View Quote
Bad Ass!!!

Legal????
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL Yes. It's an SBS without the gov't involvement, for all intents and purposes. I've got a shockwave that's essentially the same, except I put an SBA4 sto- I mean "brace" on it before the SBA3 released, and it's cerakoted. My TAC 14 has a folding brace, and is the marine electroless nickle version.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Bad Ass!!!

Legal????
View Quote
@DOG556, yes, why wouldn't it be?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Can anyone comment how these shoot with a brace?

It is somewhat manageable?

Is there serious bruising or skin damage?

I’m used to shooting pistol grip 12 gauges by using a very firm grip on the fore end.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top