Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
That's the way it should have originally come.  What did it run you?
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The Adventure Outdoors store in Atlanta had a Marine TAC-14 for $599.  All metal was marine nickel-colored and had magpul furniture.  They had the wood blued for $379 - They need to add the wood to the marine version but the marine version looked nice.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I was happy to pay full price @ $399 because I haven't seen them around and REALLY wanted one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I modded a 20 ga Tac-14 earlier this year:

Cut down an old wood stock and shaped it using the original grip as a template.  Added on a new ribbed wood for-end.  installed sling swivels and an old OD web sling.

I'd still like to put a +1 extension in if anyone besides Suarez made one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I modded a 20 ga Tac-14 earlier this year:

https://i.imgur.com/3pEnwQT.jpg?1

Cut down an old wood stock and shaped it using the original grip as a template.  Added on a new ribbed wood for-end.  installed sling swivels and an old OD web sling.

I'd still like to put a +1 extension in if anyone besides Suarez made one.
View Quote
I bet the Nordic ones can be cut down and rethreaded to fit.  I've done several 12 gauge ones.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Deleted sorry didn't read you had a 20 gauge not a 12
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Just took delivery on mine from PSA. Price was certainly right! Question? What model # for the Hornday safe? I'm looking at their website & can't determine. 2nd Q? What's the magazine feeder?? I haven't seen that before (I am admittedly more of a CCW Glock user, so don't get the shotgun out much)

EDIT: I see now that it's the TAC-14 DM that has the box mag feeder.

So far, since Hurricane Florence dropped in on us causing my local range to close, I haven't been able to even shoot it yet!
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
My vent rib Remington barrel is back from @guncat and riding on the Tac-14. I like it a lot more with the vent rib and choke than I did with the original barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Its a little long. I don't think I will mess with it.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I seriously doubt if it would even stay on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt if it would even stay on.
View Quote
Where's it going to go? It is captured between the front sight base and receiver
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Where's it going to go? It is captured between the front sight base and receiver
View Quote

Well I was looking at it on my phone and didn't see the front sight.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a TAC-14 20 ga. that I added a SB TAC-14 SBL brace kit to. I shortened the buffer by 1.0” to bring the brace up tite against the castle nut. I then cut the barrel down to 12.5” and need to add a new bead or sight to it yet. Thinking about using one of the HI-VIZ snap on plain barrel sights along with some J.B. Weld. The gun is 30.5” long and still over 26” from crown to buffer splice. I don’t post pictures anymore since Photo Bucket molested me. But I can take pictures still and email if anyone’s interested.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I got the Hardwood version and I find the sling is a little lacking. Anyone
put on a more useful one??
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I use an USGI M14/M16 sling

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/t42n298.jpg
View Quote
I have a clone of that one.
Waiting for a friend to shape me up a laminated birds head grip.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#20]
These are al very nice
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My vent rib Remington barrel is back from @guncat and riding on the Tac-14. I like it a lot more with the vent rib and choke than I did with the original barrel.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270048/8B615B69-24AE-4EE0-A424-423B06DAA556-671460.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270048/5E203EF7-7131-474E-ACD5-5997FB069A53-671462.JPG
View Quote
That looks great what did the barrel and choke cost
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#22]
The work was $110 with shipping. I picked up a used barrel in the EE for less than $100 ($85 I believe).
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks have to look into that
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm kinda jealous of you guys with Remingtons, I had to hack up a hogue handguard for the mossberg.

Seems like the Remington Tac-14s have better handguard options from the get go. On the plus side I get to enjoy shooting mini shells.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm kinda jealous of you guys with Remingtons, I had to hack up a hogue handguard for the mossberg.

https://i.imgur.com/en36D5P.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SHsvf8x.jpg

Seems like the Remington Tac-14s have better handguard options from the get go. On the plus side I get to enjoy shooting mini shells.
View Quote
Good work. Looks clean.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good work. Looks clean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/en36D5P.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SHsvf8x.jpg

Good work. Looks clean.
Thanks, if I can do it over again I would of taken less off and tried to recess the castle nut maybe 1/4" inside of the forearm with a hole saw. I have no way of lining that up perfectly though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#27]
CaptDestro....What mount are you using for that Crimson?  Thanks

Question for others....I have a Tac-14 Hardwood.

I definitely want a laser on it and probably want a light as well.

The streamlight TLR-2 seems appropriate but a bit gangly on the side of the barrel.

The Crimson CRM206 is a great size but of course no light.

My biggest concern is no matter which I choose which mount is the best?  Having the hardwood model seems to limit mount choices as you can’t use the foregrip.

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The streamlight TLR-2 seems appropriate but a bit gangly on the side of the barrel.

My biggest concern is no matter which I choose which mount is the best?  Having the hardwood model seems to limit mount choices as you can’t use the foregrip.

Thanks much.
View Quote
There are several mounts like this one that simply mount under the mag cap/extension. The other option would be to mount it on top of the receiver with a scope mount rail.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks much.
View Quote
It's a CDM mount with a MFT torch. The light is only bright enough for indoors/IDing a Target in the dark.

It's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#30]
What brand of heat shield is that? Is it made for the 870 or Mossberg?
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:36:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What brand of heat shield is that? Is it made for the 870 or Mossberg?
View Quote
@AASG

It's a Mossberg. The parkerized metal one that comes of factory guns. It's available on their website.

Compared to everything else I've seen out there, the Mossberg heat shield is the best quality
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I did something a little different with the birdshead grip. Ergonomically it's a very nice grip albeit a tad slick. Suarez International will sell you a stippled one for a lot of money. A lot of people use some form of grip tape or bicycle tube. I bought a can (not the spray-on) of Plasti Dip for $7 and applied 5 coats to it ending up with about an 1/8" layer of "rubber." The grip is now 1/4" thicker, feels better and much grippier than the original. Control wasn't an issue before but now it's even better. Having a sling stud - for gripping and hanging - makes this really easy.

Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I did something a little different with the birdshead grip. Ergonomically it's a very nice grip albeit a tad slick. Suarez International will sell you a stippled one for a lot of money. A lot of people use some form of grip tape or bicycle tube. I bought a can (not the spray-on) of Plasti Dip for $7 and applied 5 coats to it ending up with about an 1/8" layer of "rubber." The grip is now 1/4" thicker, feels better and much grippier than the original. Control wasn't an issue before but now it's even better. Having a sling stud - for gripping and hanging - makes this really easy.

https://i.imgur.com/XgXf1yV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i0mV7Gi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VUVa5Jp.jpg
View Quote
Nice

Honestly the Saurez was worth it. Stippled grips on ebay cost about $70. The Tac14 one costs more for some reason.

If time is money, it's worth it. Let me know how the plastidip holds up. I modded a Hogue fore-end for my Shockwave. I'd love to plastidip the corncop fore-end though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Honestly the Saurez was worth it. Stippled grips on ebay cost about $70. The Tac14 one costs more for some reason.

If time is money, it's worth it. Let me know how the plastidip holds up. I modded a Hogue fore-end for my Shockwave. I'd love to plastidip the corncop fore-end though.
View Quote
Stippling doesn't change the feel or give of the grip. It's still that hard polymer. The Plasti Dip adds a small amount of give to the grip which is what I wanted. The pics are new but the Plasti Dip was done over a year ago when I bought the gun and it has quite a few trips to the range on it.

If you want to do the forend you would have to use the spray-on version to avoid getting any on the inside of it and causing possible interference with the mag tube.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/XgXf1yV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/i0mV7Gi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VUVa5Jp.jpg
View Quote
So did you actually dip it like it says to or paint it on?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So did you actually dip it like it says to or paint it on?
View Quote
I dipped it. Make sure you have another container to pour some of the "rubber" into before you start. Otherwise the grip will displace the rubber right out of the can. As you apply layers you can replace the excess back into the original container. And plug the bolt hole at the receiver end.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I dipped it. Make sure you have another container to pour some of the "rubber" into before you start. Otherwise the grip will displace the rubber right out of the can. As you apply layers you can replace the excess back into the original container. And plug the bolt hole at the receiver end.
View Quote
I hear ya, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#38]
What brand heat shield?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What brand heat shield?
View Quote
@DOG556

Mossberg. Parkerized version. I had to cut a relief for the front bead.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Could you post a pic looking down on the bead a pic of the relief cut...
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I have the hardwood version and though I really like the forearm, I found
it occasionally slipped upward out of my hand a bit. That slowed working the
pump so I replaced it with the Hogue one.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#42]
I removed the snap-ring from my Hardwood’s front sling mount and relocated it between the barrel lug and mag extension. It’s more solid now but I had to really tighten it down, since the ball detent is between the two parts.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Could you post a pic looking down on the bead a pic of the relief cut...
View Quote
@DOG556

Sorry for the delay.

Attachment Attached File

That was cut with a 3/8 endmill.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#44]
I picked up the standard synthetic version back in August from brownells for $189! I didn’t have any plans for it, I just bought it because the price. Couldn’t believe the price.

Then a few weeks ago I found this thread and got inspired by what I saw and read. Picked up an SBA3, Mesa LEO adapter and a +1 over the weekend during all the sales. I’m all in at $375 and can’t wait to shoot it! Thanks for the inspiration!
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I made a tool to knock the dimples out. Don't do this if you're smart.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The original follower didn't want to work but the vang comp follower with this +1 worked great
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I want to install a detent in the factory barrel fit this +1 so i don't need a clamp
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#47]
The extractor and detent are ROUGH
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I want to install a detent in the factory barrel fit this +1 so i don't need a clamp
View Quote
A wave washer like on the Wilson +1 works great. They sell just the washer. A decent is not hard tho.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#49]
hows the ergo 870 stock adapter work with the tac14
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
hows the ergo 870 stock adapter work with the tac14
View Quote
It works. That's what SB Tactical is using for their Tac 14 kits. Mesa ones work as well, but are offered in aluminum for a heftier price.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top