Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2017 3:10:56 PM EDT
There's been a lot of talk about these shotguns lately so I figured why not start a pic thread for everyone to enjoy.

Here's mine:

* 7 round mag tube
* Factory Collapsible stock
* Carrier Comp follower and spring
* AVA Tactical Mod 1 light mount, laser mount, and QD sling mount
* Scalarworks Sync RMR mount
* Trijicon RMR RM02
* IWC QD rear sling mount
* Freedom Fighter Tactical Disconnector

Coming soon:

* SF Scout M300/600
* GG&G Extended Bolt Release Pad
* Tango Arms stippled forend
* Freedom Fighter Tactical 1/2" bolt handle

Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Someday I'll have my own

Only pic I have with my issued one.

Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully the photo bucket pic works.   Just a Stock m4 in the desert camo with a factory 2 round extension (not shown).  got it for $1100 with a few chokes..  Older guy bought this and 1 like it for him and his son.  Son liked his, he didnt like his *said it kicked more than his 20g*  said he put a box of 12 00 buck through it and it sat in the safe for 2 years.  

Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice pictures everyone, and wow 1100 bucks for a nice Benelli M4 lucky find.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:44:14 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah, thxs.  

If it was the black version would prob have done more to it, but since its the camo (which i actually like) i prob wont do alot of external upgrade. IMO it does need a better trigger, which ill get 1 day.  the bolt release is another thing i wouldnt mind upgrading.  besides that im happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is my Benelli M4, I too got a good deal on it, picked it up this past spring for 1450 with the collapsible stock, extended tube and factory night sights. I added the IWC light mount and rear QD sling mount as well as the streamlight rail mount 1.

Also in the photo: the knife is a Skinner grind Hinderer XM18 and the hawk is a RMJ Loggerhead

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]
is there a secret to getting an LE model or can you only get them on the secondary market anymore?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked mine up new-old stock of sorts. Apparently it was in a large collection that was bought out and sold second hand but it had never been fired or removed from the safe. I paid $1150 for it with the fixed pistol grip stock and factory night sights. I added the factory 7 round mag tube and collapsible stock for $350 more so I am all in on the gun for $1500, I can live with that. It's the other $1000+ I will have dumped into it when I'm done that makes me cringe.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]
They sorta all look the same! I opted for a conventional  stock on mine so the crustys at the skeet club don't die when I beat them. Beyond that, the usual 7 round mag, RMR, and Scalarworks mount. The only recent pic I have is a group photo - sorry!

Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone tried the Aimpoint RDS mount .VS the RMR? I'm going to be ordering a Carriercomp tube soon. I was also thinking about the AVA mount to run a cheap IR laser on for some night hog hunting.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has anyone tried the Aimpoint RDS mount .VS the RMR? I'm going to be ordering a Carriercomp tube soon. I was also thinking about the AVA mount to run a cheap IR laser on for some night hog hunting.
View Quote
I was told by the guys at Scalarworks that the Micro doesn't cowitness so therefor they recommend the RMR. The other pros of the RMR are the better FOV around the sight and of course the lighter weight. I considered going with the Micro since I have a few laying around, but I felt like going more streamlined and lighter weight.

I am running the TruGlo MicroTac laser on a KDG QD MLOK 3 slot mount on the AVA Tac mount for the very same reason (pigs) and so far it's worked well. I am not sure how much faith I have in it's ability to hold up to the recoil since it was developed for hand guns, but so far so good.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is mine. It is the H2O model. It came from the factory with collapsible stock, 7 rd mag and night sights. 

So so far I have added the following:

Taran Tactical safety
Taran Tactical bolt release
Taran Tactical bolt knob
Mesa Tactical 6rd side saddle
AVA Tactical light mount
Surefire Fury flashlight 
Vortex Viper MRDS

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They sorta all look the same! I opted for a fudd stock on mine so the crustys at the skeet club don't die when I beat them. Beyond that, the usual 7 round mag, RMR, and Scalarworks mount. The only recent pic I have is a group photo - sorry!

https://i.redd.it/33eck9ssl98z.jpg
View Quote
That is what I want for my Benelli!
Can't find anyone that wants to trade a pistol grip stock for a field stock though
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine is exactly like that

I would have posted a photo but Photobucket is smacking down on hosting and I'm not sure there's a good substitute that is free.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here is mine. It is the H2O model. It came from the factory with collapsible stock, 7 rd mag and night sights. 

Taran Tactical safety
Taran Tactical bolt knob
AVA Tactical light mount
Surefire Fury flashlight 
Vortex Viper MRDS

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182293/IMG-0698-240574.jpg
http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182293/IMG-0699-240575.jpg
View Quote
What's different about the Taran Tactical safety from the factory safety?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What's different about the Taran Tactical safety from the factory safety?
View Quote
It sticks out a bit more on each side, which makes it a little easier to engage with your fingers. 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#19]

I got this M4 from my buddy who died. It started out as an 11707. I fully disassembled it, and had every small part plated in NP3+, including a lot of the aftermarket components.
Matte finished carriercomp magazine tube
NP3+ plated carriercomp magazine follower
Scalarworks Sync top rail (I'll plate it on my next shipment to Robar)
Ava Tactical Mod 1 light mount (I'll plate it on my next shipment to Robar) I'm going to have a IWC M600 backbone and a Surefire tailcap plated. It'll use a Surefire KE2-A head.
A&S Trigger pack (I'll plate it on my next shipment to Robar)
NP3+ plated Geissele Hammer
FFT Trigger
FFT Disconnector
NP3+ plated TTI Shell Elevator
GG&G oversized bolt release
Meprolight night sights
IWC QD MOE Mount on Stock
Limbsaver Buttpad and NP3+ mounting hardware
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:33:15 AM EDT
[#20]
None of my pictures work anymore since photobucket stopped allowing hotlinks without upgrading to their new premium account or something...
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Is that the 11724?  I have one inbound and I wasn't sure if I could suppress it.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#23]
The 14" barrel does NOT come threaded for chokes or cans.  You'll need to send the barrel out to be threaded for chokes.  Not sure who is a good shop for that work.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:04:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The 14" barrel does NOT come threaded for chokes or cans.  You'll need to send the barrel out to be threaded for chokes.  Not sure who is a good shop for that work.
View Quote
14" barrels are cut-down from 19" barrels (they send them over a touch longer than normal, with the sights welded back in place for the 14"), once they get into the USA.

Yay import laws.

Europe gets threaded 14's.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
14" barrels are cut-down from 19" barrels (they send them over a touch longer than normal, with the sights welded back in place for the 14"), once they get into the USA.

Yay import laws.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yay import laws.

I think this guy gets good reviews for his work on threading the SBS M4 barrels.  No personal experience, just passing on what I have seen.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Still plain. Someday a c stock n tube
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Taran Tactical safety
Taran Tactical bolt knob
AVA Tactical light mount
Surefire Fury flashlight 
Vortex Viper MRDS

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182293/IMG-0698-240574.jpg
http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182293/IMG-0699-240575.jpg
View Quote
Wow, ... ... So I'm guessing we're gonna be seeing a lot of out-take pics from John Wick 2, huh?

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]

11715 model originally imported for LE - No 922(r) to worry about!

Scalarworks BOR110 rail with integrated RMR mount
Trijicon RM-08G RMR

AVA Mod 1 Mount
Surefire 6PX Defender in the flashlight slot (opposite side)
Picatinny rail modded by AVA in the MLOK slot
LaserMax UNI-R red laser on the picatinny rail

IWC Mount-N-Slot QD mount for the rear sling notch so I've got a rear QD point to go with the one on the AVA mount

Magazine spring is now a carriercomp one. My original spring finally gave up the ghost and stopped feeding the 7th round in December, and Brownells didn't have any. I forgot I had one still backordered so I got a replacement factory spring like 4 months later... guess I have an extra now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think this guy gets good reviews for his work on threading the SBS M4 barrels.  No personal experience, just passing on what I have seen.
View Quote
That's the guy that did the FLAWLESS work threading mine for the choke/silencer adapter - recommended!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#30]
So, what's the consensus on full capacity mag tubes? Freedom Fighter Tactical, Benelli OEM, or Carrier Comp?

Had mine stock M4 for over a year now with just the Surefire rail added. Still need mag tube, Delta Point Pro, and the TTI AccuGuide Extended Carrier.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Carriercomp for the win. No contest.

The color matches better and the machining is top shelf aerospace grade work. Plus they're cheaper and you get a follower and magazine spring with the kit. The only negative is they take 3-5 months to have made.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I've owned fft, cc, and oem. The cc tube is a runaway winner. The cc spring is necessary, also.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someday I'll have my own

http://i63.tinypic.com/wpnd1.jpg
View Quote
Nice. Did you choose it to clear doors only or for clearing houses as well?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someday I'll have my own

http://i63.tinypic.com/wpnd1.jpg
It wasn't used for doors very often. Mostly because breeching rounds didn't work 100% which is why we kept the Mossbergs around.

It was much more manageable indoors than my SAW so I used it when I could get enough ammo for it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/xbwZXWZ.jpg

Trijicon RM-08G RMR

AVA Mod 1 Mount

IWC Mount-N-Slot QD mount for the rear sling notch so I've got a rear QD point to go with the one on the AVA mount

Magazine spring is now a carriercomp one. My original spring finally gave up the ghost and stopped feeding the 7th round in December, and Brownells didn't have any. I forgot I had one still backordered so I got a replacement factory spring like 4 months later... guess I have an extra now.
View Quote
How do you like that dual RMR, honestly? Does the WML kill it? Tell me more...would you rather have a T2, if it cost 100% the same, or no, or,...?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How do you like that dual RMR, honestly? Does the WML kill it? Tell me more...would you rather have a T2, if it cost 100% the same, or no, or,...?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/xbwZXWZ.jpg

Trijicon RM-08G RMR

AVA Mod 1 Mount

I love the dual RMR, especially with the 12 MOA triangle. I have it zeroed so the tip of the triangle is where a rifled slug will go at 50 yards, and just hovering the triangle on top of the target is good for closer up. I initially hated it, but I discovered I had a defective unit with an overly dim tritium lamp; my replacement has been GTG ever since.

Yes, it has the same issue on shotguns as it has elsewhere. The WML will wash it out when shining on a wall or other close object, and so will aiming out into bright daylight from a dark room. That being said, that's what the cowitnessed LPA ghost rings are for and there's also the laser. LaserMax UNI-R is practically weightless and both it and the RMR have taken multiple mag dumps of magnum loads without a hiccup, so I trust them. The other 95% of lighting scenarios, the dual RMR is plenty bright.

I would not swap for a T2 even for a discount. I find reflex sights are absolutely perfect height for shooting with a deep, solid cheekweld using the C-stock both from the #2 position and #4 fully extended. About the only thing I would consider using instead would be a Steiner MRS or Leupold Deltapoint as they wouldn't be much higher and would retain the nice low profile and open, non-tube view. Basically, I settled on this setup after trying various options and this is the one I really, really like for my M4. If I found the washout to be a really big problem I might try for a red dot-style RMR, but I really like the green triangle for ease of acquisition and reacquisition while shooting very fast at close targets. So if you told me I HAD to choose a different sight I'd probably do a DP Pro with the triangle reticle again. Love the triangle for shotgunning.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Tag for when my AVA Tactical order gets in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine

Aimpoint T1 Micro / Scalarworks mount
Ava Tactical Mod 1 w/ Surefire G2x Tactical
Carrier Comp Titanium Tube with spring & follower
Mesa Tactical stock with a Benelli OEM grip
Taran Tactical charging handle

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Mine

Aimpoint T1 Micro / Scalarworks mount
Ava Tactical Mod 1 w/ Surefire G2x Tactical
Carrier Comp Titanium Tube with spring & follower
Mesa Tactical stock with a Benelli OEM grip
Taran Tactical charging handle
View Quote
Looks good! Is that fore grip stippled? How do you like the stock over the OEM one?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Looks good! Is that fore grip stippled? How do you like the stock over the OEM one?
View Quote
Not stippled, it just some grip tape I got off eBay, I think it's branded GT5000 IIRC. I could have used skateboard tape but I wanted more of a rubber texture than sand paper, so far it seems it works pretty well, have ~400 rounds through it with it on, and it's cheap to replace if need be.

The stock for the most part is great, the main reason I went with it is because I'm a small dude (5'5", shorter arms) and the factory 14" LOP is way uncomfortable to me, especially when wearing a PC. My only nitpicks are the butt plate is kind of cheapy in the way it attaches to the stock (big plastic tabs on butt plate that lock into cut outs on the stock) and you have to remove the stock in order to pull/clean the trigger group. If the butt plate breaks, I'll buy a new one or in a pinch duck tape works. For the shorter LOP though, absolutely worth it. Also, there is a little alignment plate that is sandwiched between the receiver and stock, it comes with a plastic one but buy the steel one with QD mount.

FWIW, don't use loctite on the bolt used to attach the stock that threads into the buffer tube, supposedly people have had it get stuck and the entire tube unthreads from the receiver. I torque the bolt to 30 inch pounds and it's solid mounted, and is easily removed/unscrewed if needed.

ETA: forgot to mention I'm not a fan of the C-stock. In the second position I could use the Aimpoint but not the irons, at full extension it's still the same 14" LOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top