Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 15, I know the rules. I must post a pic.

So this is a Place Holder for a Pic.

Future Pic
Future Pic
Future Pic
Future Pic
Future Pic
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, is that a factory shockwave or a converted 18" gun?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you, is that a factory shockwave or a converted 18" gun?
View Quote
If this question is for me...yes, factory shockwave.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If this question is for me...yes, factory shockwave.
View Quote
Awesome, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Funstore said in the next day or two mine will be in! 
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.operatorchan.org/k/src/149568711168.jpg

Got mine the other day. My Mesa Tactical 6 shell side saddle will be in here in the next couple days.

The only thing that bothers me about it is that I have not found a good solution for attaching a light that doesn't involve me spending as much as I spent on the shotgun itself to get a Surefire slide.
View Quote
Whats your sling set up? I want one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
FYI, Texas people. Shockwave will be available for us after Sept 1,2017.
Shockwave
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:50:00 PM EDT
[#8]
And now day two of my delayed 4473.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd planned to wait until the Tac-14 became available, but found Shockwaves in stock locally for $359. One followed me home. Mine is the later version, and has the swivel stud in the base of the grip, as well as the plug in the bolt hole that was mentioned earlier.

A friend of mine figured out they fit very nicely in a violin case with room for a couple boxes of ammo and a few accessories if desired. He called me a fucker-his was $399.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice, I wish all guberment could work that fast. Congrats and nice buy 359 on your shockwave
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Still waiting. 
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FYI, Texas people. Shockwave will be available for us after Sept 1,2017.
Shockwave
View Quote
Well I hope that Ohio can follow Texas and do the same. I doubt it though. I found this in the shockwave thread in hometown forum thread. I guess I need to take mine apart then. or sell it wow My bubble got burst pretty fast.
Ohio is not shockwave legal!
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got it! Put a side saddle on it and filled it with 4 buck!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:18:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Still waiting on my Marinecote version.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Stippled mine too. Doing the forearm next. The Raptor grip is just too smooth. My hand creeps up when I shoot it and it is slick enough to require a tighter grip just holding it. The stippling makes it a lot better. Less fatigue, but not aggressive enough to be uncomfortable. Also my first time doing it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks good
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Where  can I order a shockwave ?
 In stock anywhere ?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks good
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:15:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thank you
IDK, i don't use them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice and it looks like there is still room for trekking sticks.
Thank you
IDK, i don't use them.
You should give them a try. My wife and I tried them out in the Smokey Mountain National Park and they were great! It was almost as good as having 4 legs. They take a lot of strain off your legs and add stability when going up or down rough or uneven ground. I was amazed at how well they work. Worth their weight in gold if you're hiking on trails that have a constant or near constant uphill grade on them. Just saying. Now back to shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Made a nice discovery last night! Finally got around to setting up my bullet proof vest and tried shouldering my old 590 with it on. No bueno, it was really awkward. Then I grabbed the Shockwave and brought it up to where the end of the grip was pushed up against my chest (on the vest) with the gun directly in front of me. I want to try shooting it like that to see if the vest pads it enough to tolerate.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#21]
It will, but I bet that the recoil will make fast follow shots a tad tuff
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll post results as soon as I can test it out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Just picked mine up today.

Also ordered that Blackhawk sling with shell holders, the GG&G canted 6 shell side saddle [see pic below], scabbard, GG&G's new flashlight mount [see pic below], and a Streamlight TLR-1 HL (800 lumen with strobe).

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't help but think your light is going to get rocked that close to the muzzle. I was thinking about putting a TLR1 on top of the receiver since it's not I'll be taking precision shots with it anyway.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I can't help but think your light is going to get rocked that close to the muzzle. I was thinking about putting a TLR1 on top of the receiver since it's not I'll be taking precision shots with it anyway.
View Quote
Take a few low light classes or try to use a light in the real world and you may rethink that

There will be a lot of shadow from the gun and no way to activate the light with your hand on the forend.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
In addition to putting it on left or right side, you can also flip it towards the front or back to put the rail and light closer to or further away from the muzzle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I can officially say I'm a proud owner of a shockwave. What sling is everyone using?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I got that gg&g mount... It aint going anywhere.  I am putting a tlr2 on there so I have light and laser for shooting from the hip
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#29]
So I got an E-mail from Buds and apparently, in Maryland the shockwave is considered a regulated firearm.  So it is grouped in with handguns and "assault rifles" and subject to a waiting period.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I got this email from Oregon firearms federation today, but it's not on their web site yet. I'll copy and paste.
________
Is Kate Brown Blocking Gun Transfers?
We have been informed by several gun dealers that the Oregon State Police are refusing transfers of "Shockwave" and "Tac-14" shotguns.

Although numerous people have reported that they were able to complete transfers, it is not clear WHEN their transfers took place.

Our efforts to contact the Oregon State Police have so far been unsuccessful.
If you have attempted to purchase one of these firearms and received no approval, or if you are a gun dealer who has been unable to complete a transfer, please contact us with details.

We know of  NO legal authority for the governor to ban perfectly legal firearms.

It appears this new policy started on Friday. They said they are awaiting a decision from the Department of Justice on whether these firearms are "legal" under Oregon law.

ATF has already determined that these firearms are NOT regulated under the National Firearms Act.

Oregon law describes "short barrel" shotguns as:

"a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches."
However, Oregon law does not define what a "shotgun" is.
Under Federal law, these are not shotguns at all since they are not designed to be fired from the shoulder. These firearms are not considered to have been "made from a shotgun" either since they come from the factory configured with no stock.

While Oregon law prohibit shotguns with barrels shorter than 18 inches, it provides for an "affirmative defense" if the shotgun  "was registered as required under federal law."
Of course, these guns cannot be "registered" under Federal law because they are not regulated under the NFA.

As you may know, many of these guns have already been transferred
with OSP approval. OSP has no word on what will happen to people who bought them legally prior to this new policy.

OSP has promised to provide a copy of whatever determination the Department of Justice makes on these guns. If we receive it we will provide it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:29:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I can officially say I'm a proud owner of a shockwave. What sling is everyone using?
View Quote
USGI M14 sling

Link Posted: 7/5/2017 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Tried it with the vest on. I didn't go for speed but rather to check accuracy and the buck shot was kicking up dust in the same vicinity I was aiming at 100 yards down range. The vest didn't pad it as much as I'd hoped but it was tolerable and accurate. Definitely wouldn't do it all day long but I did go through 20 rounds of 00 doing it. 
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Glad it is usable with the vest on.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#34]
My LGS called me last Friday saying that my Marinecoat Shockwave had arrived.  I jump in my truck and race over there.  Getting all excited, I open the box.  What do I find?  A regular version.  The distributor sent the wrong one and the shop didn't check it before they called me.......
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My LGS called me last Friday saying that my Marinecoat Shockwave had arrived.  I jump in my truck and race over there.  Getting all excited, I open the box.  What do I find?  A regular version.  The distributor sent the wrong one and the shop didn't check it before they called me.......
View Quote
Are you sure a Marinecoat version exists? My distributors do not show one neither does mossbergs website.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Glad it is usable with the vest on.
View Quote
A plate carrier with might work better, but I dont have one of those.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are you sure a Marinecoat version exists? My distributors do not show one neither does mossbergs website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's a Davidsons exclusive and the whole gun is not marinecoat, only the receiver
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think it's a Davidsons exclusive and the whole gun is not marinecoat, only the receiver
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's correct.  I'm not entirely happy with that.  I'll have to cerakote the barrel and tube to match.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep, I don't see why you would bother paying the extra for the receiver to be the only marine coated part.
Davidson's shockwave.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone know who has the best price on a standard 6shot 12ga Mossberg pistol grip only.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Classicfirearms $250 - 8 shot.  I used this as the basis of mine.  Bought the $200 14" front end and the persuader grip separately and assembled myself.  Sold the 20" front end for $160.  Didn't recoup all of the costs but I enjoyed the process.

Classicfirearms
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm looking for the 6 shot
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Has anyone an idea/maker of a wood "raptor" type stock for the Mossberg Shockwave or the Remington TAC-14 ?   I am looking for a WOOD grip.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Asked in this thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_1/479722_Wood-grip-shockwave-grip---.html
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:  Asked in this thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_1/479722_Wood-grip-shockwave-grip---.html
View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_1/479722_Wood-grip-shockwave-grip---.html

ETA:  Saw both the Shockwave & the Remington for sale @ a Texas fun show - so Remington, Mossberg, and the dealers aren't waiting til August for the new law to go into effect.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:42:50 AM EDT
[#46]
What new law?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:  What new law?
View Quote
Due to an ambiguity in Texas law, we passed a new law that unambiguously states the Shockwave & such like are legal in Texas.  Doesn't go into effect until August, I believe.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I got that gg&g mount... It aint going anywhere.  I am putting a tlr2 on there so I have light and laser for shooting from the hip
View Quote
I assume then that the mount clears the pump then? I bought a CMR-206 universal rail mounted green laser along with a receiver rail and two short screw it to where you want it mini rails off amazon. The laser was a $120(?) But the three rails were only like $15 all together. I'll experiment and see what works. My first attempt will be to see if the laser will be thumb accessible on top of the receiver like the safety. If that doesn't worm I'll attach a mini rail to the pump and see how that works. If all else fails I'll order that GG&G mount.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top