Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 4:23:17 PM EDT
Where's a good place online to buy and what's a fair price for one?
Oh yeah and are they very good? Any complaints?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Speedfeed IV-S on my 18.5 inch 870 Police Magnum. I orginally had this stock on my 20 inch Police Magnum but replaced it with a Speedfeed III magazine stock. On the 20 inch gun, the shorter stock really through the balance off and the gun felt "nose heavy". Incidently, the 20 inch 870 with the Speedfeed IV-S is nearly the same length as the 18.5 inch gun with a Speedfeed I stock. Now that I have the 18.5 inch Police Magnum, I don't need to make my 20 inch gun shorter. The Speedfeed IV-S on an 18.5 inch gun is excellent. It makes it much more compact and manuverable. The SWAT butt plate is brutal on the shoulder, but it reduces lenghth even further. As others have mentioned, I too had problems with the comb hitting me in the cheek.

Its extremely painful, and it feels like a punch, only harder. I had to adjust my cheekweld and move my face farther towards the butt and the problem went away. Its a great way to crack your cheek bone or develop a flinch. Every shooter has a different stance/cheekweld, so you may not notice it, but everyone who has shot my 20 inch Police Magnum with this stock has experienced the same phenomenon. It doesn't prevent you from shooting effectively, its just painful and in a deadly force scenario you wouldn't even notice it. I have never had this problem with the Speedfeed I or III magazine stocks, only the IV-S. I feel like the SpeedFeed III is a more universal and more comfortable stock and unless you need the length reduction*body armor* you will be better served with a Speedfeed III. Other than that, its an excellent stock and very durable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#2]
SpeedFeedIV at Midway

The good news is that Remington has the R3 recoil pad (Limbsaver) to fit the SpeedFeed stocks now.  A shotgun just isn't the same without a LimbSaver pad.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SpeedFeedIV at Midway

The good news is that Remington has the R3 recoil pad (Limbsaver) to fit the SpeedFeed stocks now.  A shotgun just isn't the same without a LimbSaver pad.

+1
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the III on my home shotgun & the IV-S on my duty shotgun & like both of them.  I like the shorter stock for work w/ body armor & the III because of the extra shell holders.  I have shot both a lot & never had any problems w/ either.  I prefer the pistol grip over the regular stock & never noticed the stock smacking me around.  I bought both of mine at www.arizonagunrunners.com.  They seem to have the best prices around.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried to buy both of my Speedfeed III's from Arizon Gun Runners a few months back. This is a very popular stock, so it can be difficult to find, so I was thrilled to find a few. I paid with my CC and the guy said they would be shipped immediatly and I would have them in 3 days. Long story short, 2 months went buy with this guy having around 200.00 of mine and leaving me with nothing. He had a different story every time, and eventually I just got my money back and went somewhere else. I would only order from Arizona Gun Runners as a last resort, and really keep on it so you don't get fucked around like I did.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So, one of these would fit on my SF IVS?  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, one of these would fit on my SF IVS?  

I'm not sure.  I have been wondering the same thing myself.  If you look at the new Remington Tacticals, one of the options is a SpeedFeed IV stock w/R3 pad.  Which R3 pad?  Don't know.  I'd call Midway and see what they say, and I'm sure a call to Remington will reap good results.

Please let me know what you find.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Speedfeed IV sets (with forend) at CDNN for like $35!!!  Only hitch is they are Forest Green or Orange.  Could use Norells though
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I stand corrected...  $40.

$40 Speedfeed IV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top